DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

but again, that is what everyone wants but again it is DC who hasn't been consistent to most of you and you expect them to jump that high?

isn't that what we hope for all CBMs? EVen if they make a solo Miek film?

I mean you're already setting yourself up for failure there.
Nah :lol:

I'm hopeful its good.

I didnçt expect much from Ant-Man but it was good and funny. Thats the most I could ask for. Not an epic spectacle and amazing story.

If a Miek solo flick had these JL reviews I'd say Marvel truly is GOAT.

For a JL movie its a disappointment but you do have a point cuz ive been conditioned to expect DCEU movies to be terrible. So in context solid is a good continuation on this path.

In a larger context, no this is bad. A JL movie should be great.

the most often criticisms i have seen/heard of WW was the boris and natasha act by ole boy and dr poison.. and then ares at the end

Yeah Dr. Poison and the Dr was wild :lol:

I remember when they came up with the little bomb or whatever, and they both laughed. :lol: **** was campy as hell :lol:

My small problem with ares is that even in his natural human, you need to cast someone physically imposing in the role. And it's hard to do these monster/god kinda villains justice. I think Ragnarok did right by Surtur

One more week, baby. I love these characters and we finally get to see them shine on the big screen. Where the Justice League heads at?!

I'm hearing there is a lot of surprises and goodies for us in the film. If you grew up with it, it'll get you pretty hype. We already knew, but it sounds like Steppenwolf and an army of parademons is a viable threat, but peons in the grand scheme. Like fighting Goro before you gotta square off with Shang Tsung. Could we get glimpses of new recruits? Or New Gods? :wow: :pimp:

Perhaps that is a good thing. Maybe the radio silence on superman means that they are effectively keeping his reappearance a secret.
Is it really a secret though, I mean we all know Superman is going to show up. It just annoys me how the league was assembled without him being involved at all.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...its-not-perfect-but-its-fun-and-entertaining/

NEWS

JUSTICE LEAGUE BUZZ: IT'S NOT PERFECT, BUT IT'S FUN AND ENTERTAINING
by RT Staff | November 10, 2017 | 20 Comments

Justice-League-Buzz.jpg

(Photo by Clay Enos/Warner Bros.)
In one week, moviegoers finally get to see the DC superhero team-up Justice League. Ahead of its release, though, critics have been permitted to share thoughts on the movie via social media. How does it fare against other DC Comics adaptations?

Until now, the DC Extended Universe franchise has had an average Tomatometer score of just 50%, and that’s with Wonder Woman making up for the rest with its very positive 92% Tomatometer score. Buzz on the latest is a little mixed, but if the early social reactions are any indication, the Tomatometer score for Justice League could be favorable enough to boost the DCEU average when actual reviews are published.

Here’s a sample of what critics are saying on Twitter about the much anticipated team-up:

Justice League is better than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad — it’s lean, mean and packed with superhero action. I dug most of its lighter moments and I think it has one of the best action sequences ever in a DCEU movie. And of course Wonder Woman steals the show. I think if you are going to a Justice League movie to see all your favorite DC heroes rocking their skills and being the badasses you love, then you will get plenty of that. Lots of action. Lots of superheroes being superheroes.
Erik Davis, Fandango

The good: Justice League is my favorite DCEU movie. It will make you love its heroes and want to see them team up again. The bad: Justice League rushes through a lot and its main story/lore and villain are rather stripped down and forgettable.
Rob Keyes, ScreenRant

Bottom line: Justice League is awesome! Zack Snyder’s film is filled with so many moments that had me geeking out and crying nerd tears. When an action scene/hero moment hits, the film is firing on all cylinders. Still love Affleck’s Batman. My fav Batman actor since Keaton.
Kevin McCarthy, Fox

I am genuinely happy to report Justice League is a lot of fun. It’s not perfect and has its problems, but does the job of making you care about these characters as a team by its end. It’s also VERY funny, in lots of unexpected ways.
Terri Schwartz, IGN Movies

Justice League is clunky and uneven as hell, but it also gets the characters right and has a lot of fun along the way. When it’s over DC’s vision for these heroes going forward will make sense. It’s a very small but very vital step forward. I dug it.
Connor Schwerdtfeger, CinemaBlend

I saw Justice League! Here’s what I thought. There are ton of things I’d change but it comes down to this: I had a blast! I got to see the team together and I had fun watching it. Ezra Miller steals the movie and Wonder Woman was perfect!
Jenna Busch, Legion of Leia

Justice League is fine. It’s more coherent and less idiosyncratic than Batman v Superman (which I loved, so make of that what you will), and tries very hard to lighten up on the gloom and doom of the DC universe. There are jokes and everything!
Angie Han, Mashable

Justice League is better than expected, but not a home run. The interaction between the team is a lot of fun. The film sends the DCEU in a hopeful direction in line with where the brand should be headed. Flash and Aquaman steal the show. Cyborg and villain are the weak links.
Peter Sciretta, Slashfilm

Justice League is okay! It’s fun. The characters are enjoyable and cast has good chemistry together. I want to see more from them down the line. It looks like a Snyder film but sounds and plays like a Whedon one. It has lots of issues, though…but the good news is that Justice League entertains. If Batman v Superman turned you off then consider Justice League a palette cleanser.
Jim Vejvoda, IGN Movies

:smh::smh::smh: I knew this was going to happen
This soundtrack is weak sauce. This was my biggest fear when they fired Junkie XL for Danny Elfman.

I was listening to some of it yesterday and it's pretty generic, save for a couple beats hear and there from memorable Zim God/JXL samples.

A lot of it sounds samey. Can't tell the difference between "Enter Cyborg", "Spark of the Flash", and "Aquaman in Atlantis". Not very memorable like the Zim God/JXL themes for each of the Trinity. Who is scoring Wan's Aquaman? I hope Aquaman gets a bad*** memorable theme for his solo.

Based on what I'm reading the masses just want a fun movie with cool action scenes and witty one liners. To hell with plot and character development

EDIT: this aint just towards Justice League or DC either, I feel the same way if not stronger towards Marvel and Fox

Last edited:
sooooo when they blowing up the dcu and gonna start over
the animated dc universe > mcu > marvel animated universe > dc universe

Its all about the money.

Fix had their chance and they still refused to reboot the X-Men when they had the chance but instead did some soft timeline reboot prequel bull **** keeping the same directors around.

Last edited:
Wow. Ran into another JL spoiler. FML. Be careful out there. :smh:

Apparently Dinah Lance (Black Canary) makes a cameo. Non-costume/non-combat. She was rumored to be in Whedon's Batgirl movie, so this might be Joss introducing her to audiences.

DC's biggest issue like many said is all they care about is money. It's sad to see. Still don't know how you mess up something like BVS but okay. They're their own worst enemy. Personally, I don't think they ever should have tried to catch up with Marvel, this isn't a business where one most continuously innovate to remain in business or you end up obsolete. They could have taken their time, develop each character with great writing in their own respective solo films where the events connect, and then bring them all together for the Justice League.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom