DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

nah., nows the time so they move forward, you dont want a whole slew of films thats in a messy universe, if anything i wish flashpoint has come and gone by now so we know that ww2, shazam2, ss2, blkadam, etc... are now on the dceu and all canon instead of second guessing and gon be the constant knock for the movies releasing

id rather they get on solid footing before jumping out there on huge stories like flashpoint

I think he need certain characters specifically fleshed out so you feel the impact of them being kinda different character

like with DOFP, I wish we were more invested.. hate to go back to comparing to marvel, but they legit made you care about if Hawkeye or BW would bite it and most folks could care less prior

id rather they get on solid footing before jumping out there on huge stories like flashpoint

I think he need certain characters specifically fleshed out so you feel the impact of them being kinda different character

like with DOFP, I wish we were more invested.. hate to go back to comparing to marvel, but they legit made you care about if Hawkeye or BW would bite it and most folks could care less prior

i think you got the wrong film and i dont think people really care about hawkeye to this day :lol:

but anyways, i simply disagree as dceu has been a mess already for the most part and flashpoint is their way of rebooting and straighten things out

they cant keep making movies without direction and while they have been making good movies as of late, audience are still confused and just let ww1 slide because it was well received and then five years from now reset it all over again with flashpoint

had flashpoint been done already, all of this films gon make more sense and people can move on instead of trying to figure out if what theyre watching is canon or not or how they fit to the bigger picture

get it done as early as possible to try and fix the mess then maybe we can have an epic 10year long story like the infinity saga but they cant do that until they clear things up and start things over

But I don’t think they need to do that, especially as flash’s 1st movie

flash has a couple villains that should play roles in the larger scheme of things.. also dude should get at least couple films in himself before they go to that, which also allows certain other characters a chance to get established

But jumping straight to flashpoint you don’t have any big screen foundation for a lot of that stuff or very little

eh, many already know dc characters and theyre focusing their movies to that

flash has a long running tv series now so people are aware, jl cartoon, etc...

their good to go, no need to kep piling to the mess because no ines gon’ care if they make a flash movie and no one even knows it part of the greater dceu

i say just get it over with and leave snyderverse in its own bubble

start building the other characters afterwards instead of killing them or changing them soon after flashpoint

i mean look how long its taking for a flash movie t be made, it might be12-15 years before he gets to 3 films :lol:

I mean we know the characters.. and I agree move on from the snyderverse.. I disagreed from the beginning making him the head, just because he has such a distinct visual style that shouldn’t be the main basis for a overall universe

but like with Fox/X-men, I want characters developed and explored on the big screen before going with those big storylines

having all of your IP readily available should incentivize taking time and building a proper foundation.. do proper intros.. have a proper Batman before having thomas Wayne play a major role, so when Bruce gets the letter it matters.. have couple films under bother aquaman and WW so it actually films different when those guys are in flashpoint

Looks like they finally doing my idea of Batman: Crisis

:rofl: @ time travel movie explaining why our actors quit (got fired).

Yep. Thanos doesn't stand a chance even with the gaunlet.
This is false unless you mean just the gauntlet which doesn't do anything without the stones. Its a whole other matter if things go down in the marvel universe

Last edited:
Really wish they’d save flashpoint for when they got stuff good going.. like DOFP

to me you’re just using up a great story, again
If they mimic the DC animated movies then they're using Flashpoint right. A get out of jail free card to reboot your movie universe any time you want :lol:

If they mimic the DC animated movies then they're using Flashpoint right. A get out of jail free card to reboot your movie universe any time you want :lol:

but the animated movies are actually good.. and they technically only did it once, right?

was the movie.. and then, now

but the animated movies are actually good.. and they technically only did it once, right?

was the movie.. and then, now
I feel like that's the go to from now on. There was no real reason to end that animated universe other than they wanted to whether it was good or not.

They're not really looking at Flashpoint like the comic event it was and for its quality. Its a plot device to excuse/explain why the entire universe will be different next time you see it.

I got no problem with them sacrificing one Flash movie to establish a new movie universe where the movies have a new shot to be good and earn that track record.

If it was up to me I would've immediately done that after JL.

Last edited:
I feel like that's the go to from now on. There was no real reason to end that animated universe other than they wanted to whether it was good or not.

They're not really looking at Flashpoint like the comic event it was and for its quality. Its a plot device to excuse/explain why the entire universe will be different next time you see it.

I got no problem with them sacrificing one Flash movie to establish a new movie universe where the movies have a new shot to be good and earn that track record.

If it was up to me I would've immediately done that after JL.

All this...

Convenient way for them to keep the parts of the universe that worked, and drop what didn’t...Simple as that...

a JDM Flashpoint Thomas Wayne / Batman would’ve been great...But give me an updated Keaton Bruce Wayne any day of the week...

Really what’s going To happen is we’ll get the Keaton version sitting at the head of the Bat-Family table...Various Robin’s, Nightwing, Batgirl etc...This character by committee approach will fill the younger active Batman void left by bringing Keaton back in...

Another thing this move does is it adds a Batman who’s backstory has already been told via two prior movies...Won’t be a need to get into that since we’ve already seen where he comes from and what motivates him...

This is false unless you mean just the gauntlet which doesn't do anything without the stones. Its a whole other matter if things go down in the marvel universe

I'll put it to you like this, if Thanos has the gauntlet with all the infinity stones (minus the ability to erase darkseid from existence) I still feel like darkseid would wash him.

I'll put it to you like this, if Thanos has the gauntlet with all the infinity stones (minus the ability to erase darkseid from existence) I still feel like darkseid would wash him.

thanos could just snap his fingers.....

Really what’s going To happen is we’ll get the Keaton version sitting at the head of the Bat-Family table...Various Robin’s, Nightwing, Batgirl etc...This character by committee approach will fill the younger active Batman void left by bringing Keaton back

Not a fan.. do a Batman beyond with Keaton

but they should start out with a late 20s Batman and you intro a early 20s Grayson, so by say the 3rd film he’s going on to nightwing they can move on to stuff with Thalia, bat girl and woman and other bat family

but you have an established Batman in film one but still somewhat young.. and intro the pieces like Thalia so dominoes can fall early

:lol: @ minus anything. Thats not how the infinity gauntlet works.

If you're setting up a scenario where Thanos has the infinity gauntlet against someone then he'll be capable to do w/e he want with it as usual.

Not to mention, I can think of several ways he'd easily beat him that he displayed in the movies let alone the comics

Second Darkseid open his mouth to Thanos

main-qimg-ca1bbe4869f7014697b9087097a0ccf1

:lol: @ minus anything. Thats not how the infinity gauntlet works.

If you're setting up a scenario where Thanos has the infinity gauntlet against someone then he'll be capable to do w/e he want with it as usual.

Not to mention, I can think of several ways he'd easily beat him that he displayed in the movies let alone the comics

Second Darkseid open his mouth to Thanos

main-qimg-ca1bbe4869f7014697b9087097a0ccf1
You're right.

All this...

Convenient way for them to keep the parts of the universe that worked, and drop what didn’t...Simple as that...

a JDM Flashpoint Thomas Wayne / Batman would’ve been great...But give me an updated Keaton Bruce Wayne any day of the week...

good chance jdm is still in it as thomas wayne, keaton might be at the back end of the film and revealed as the new bats moving forward while jdm is bats through most of the movie

would love to see lauren cohen return as that timelines joker too

Back
Top Bottom