+++/// De La Soul - The Grind Date ///+++

Much More

Verbal Clap

The Future

ROCK CO.KANE FLOW

The Grind Date

He Comes

One of the best albums to release in a long time that won't get any acknowledgment.
smh.gif

My-T.

great album and a damn good year for hip-hop

this
A Long Hot Summer
Madvillainy
The New Danger
Pretty Toney
Tipping Point
College Dropout
Straight Outta Cashville
Connected
etc.

Too bad "Shoomp" wasn't on the cd. That Tom Tom Club sample had me going bonkers when i first heard it...Dilla did it again with that beat.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who appreciated this album THAT much. I tend to consider this LP classic. It has a perfect blend of new and old school; Inever even heard a De La Soul LP and this album blew me out of the water at my first listen. Blazin and Liban said it best.

Rock Co.Kane Flow is sick. There was a time when I would listen to it like 10 times a day.

DOOM produced it, right?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Rock Co.Kane Flow is sick. There was a time when I would listen to it like 10 times a day.

DOOM produced it, right?

Nah I don't thinks so, doesn't sound like doom at all.

The track is so danm grimey.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Dope album well indeed, some of their best material since Stakes is High

Grossly overlooked album. I kinda feel like that about all De La albums though. It's like you wish more people would get it...and their stuff isn'teven hard to get.

Grossly overlooked album. I kinda feel like that about all De La albums though. It's like you wish more people would get it...and their stuff isn't even hard to get.
perfectly put

people understand Tribe a lot more probably for the same reasons they should understand De La.. but it's obvious who receives more attention and respect

Back
Top Bottom