Dead Malls aka When malls were poppin'...

For NYCers the main malls are going strong. Roosevelt Field, Queens Center, Garden State, Palisades. I guess Manhattan Mall counts but :lol:.

Then theres Bay Plaza Mall, Kings Plaza counts as a mall? Cross County is a small outdoor mall in Yonkers, Cherry Hill isnt too far from what I hear. Theres also the big outlets Woodbury, Jersey Gardens and Tangers.

NY got options. My personal fav is Garden State, also has that small outlet mall literally 5 min down the road.

Great Lakes, twelve oaks, Somerset, birch run, partridge creek are all legit b. Oakland, lakeside, Fairlane are only good for release day sneaker purchases
^^^This man speaks the truth!!
nthat.gif

REPPED!

Great thread! Where I'm from, Lake Forest Mall is a dying mall.

Where I live currently, Pasadena Mall is dying and Mall of the Mainland has been shut down for years. They're renovating it, but I definitely did a snap story running around the abandoned part of that mall. It was fun looking for shoes in the old finishline and foot locker in there.

I actually want to leave a pair of shoes in there (brand new) for some kid to find one day and strike the lottery. Something legit too like a pair of 3s or something.

edit - my phone's autocorrect is terrible.

Last edited:
I decided to grave dig my own thread because the Fairgrounds Square Mall, which I posted about in the OP, is closing its internal operations in a few days. The few anchor stores and the movie theater will remain open.

I went back to the Fairgrounds a few days ago and took pics.

Last edited:
I wonder what they will do, can't make all of them into Walmarts. End of an era, Amazon is real.

I would convert a lot of the space in malls to restaurants and hope the few stores that remain open could hopefully piggy back off some of that foot traffic

I seen some old malls/ shopping centers being turned into “luxury” apts n condos

Owings mills mall in the Baltimore area is dead but they kept the move theater going n build some residences around that

malls should have mixed alcohol drinks avail in the center for buy. **** is hella boring. Find myself sitting and waiting for wifey & Kids 3/4 of the time

For NYCers the main malls are going strong. Roosevelt Field, Queens Center, Garden State, Palisades. I guess Manhattan Mall counts but :lol:.

Then theres Bay Plaza Mall, Kings Plaza counts as a mall? Cross County is a small outdoor mall in Yonkers, Cherry Hill isnt too far from what I hear. Theres also the big outlets Woodbury, Jersey Gardens and Tangers.

NY got options. My personal fav is Garden State, also has that small outlet mall literally 5 min down the road.
KP brings back memories. In there is dead now.

I randomly was thinking of this lmao again. Went to a mall during Xmas time never in my life had I seen the mall that dead, during the holidays.

^^^ always wanted to go there

Malls wont be dead today.

Where i live we got 2 malls. The white people mall and the black people mall.

Im a mall person. Wen i was small my mother and sister would spend hours at the mall and id just walk around.

Not one mall where i was raised or am currently staying at has closed.
Some have fallen off but not closed.

I think an update to this post would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom