Dear Gentry,

For those who have yet to be invited to flight club...you can get an invite code by texting "flight club" to 23623.

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by encore2007

what makes flight club members more important than the rest of us?
I doubt they would have the packs be as limited as the DMPs. The DMPs woulda been way worse if no retros came out that year
As I said above, JB must have had some criteria to determine who to invite and it seems logical that they would invite people who have made multiple online purchases in the past (as I have). Several of those purchases were for shoes that were well above retail (laser IV, lightning pack, etc...) and JB surely realizes that a person who is willing to spend money above and beyond normal sticker for a shoe they like is a customer worth having. That said, hopefully they will show their appreciation for our loyalty by allowing us access to the XXIII, Countdown Packs, and other limited stuff.
JB's criteria must not be all that stringent because I have had a jumpman account since 2004 and have made absolutely no purchases directly fromJB online and still receieved a flight club invitation. Although now I do own a couple pairs of Black and Red XV's.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by encore2007

what makes flight club members more important than the rest of us?
I doubt they would have the packs be as limited as the DMPs. The DMPs woulda been way worse if no retros came out that year
As I said above, JB must have had some criteria to determine who to invite and it seems logical that they would invite people who have made multiple online purchases in the past (as I have). Several of those purchases were for shoes that were well above retail (laser IV, lightning pack, etc...) and JB surely realizes that a person who is willing to spend money above and beyond normal sticker for a shoe they like is a customer worth having. That said, hopefully they will show their appreciation for our loyalty by allowing us access to the XXIII, Countdown Packs, and other limited stuff.

MAN THATS CRAZY U THINK THAT JB THINKS UR SPEACIAL ,ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A NIKE ACCOUNT GOT AN INVITE....AND DAFACT THAT U CAN INVITE OTHER PEOPLE,COME ON THINK PLEASE
eyes.gif
.....AND AS FARAS IT BEING CRAZY LIKE DA DMP I REALLY DOUBT THAT.......WHEN HAVE U EVER SEEN A XIII OR X GO FOR MORE THAN AN XI OR VI....NEVER DA ONLY THING THAT COMES NEARTHAT IS A CHICAGO X.......ANY TIME THAT THEY RETRO AN XI ITS GONNA BE CRAZY.........AND AS FAR AS DA PACK BEING LMTD. I HOPE THEY ARE.....I LOVE 2 ROCK MY DMPSAND KNOW THAT DA CHANCE OF U RUNNING IN 2 SOMEONE WITH DA SAME SHOE ON IS NOT LIKELY.......AND DA WHOLE THING ABOUT DRIVING AND CAMPING OUT...THATS ALL PART OFDA GAME.....I DONT LIKE DOING IT BUT I STILL DO ,AND I WONT STOP....IF UR NOT WILLING 2 DO DA SAME U MUST NOT WANT DA SHOE THAT BAD......

This would never happen,lmao,cuz when it comes down to it,its still a bizz on JBs part,its unfortunate to say but true,but, they still gotta pay their staff,mjneeds his cut,nike needs their cut,and god awful Gentry needs that cut too,and they definantly need that cut to make the product we all love buying,so if JBcan make more money(still a bizz) by doing things the way they are and continue to make that money,they aint gonna stop,oh and news flash folks,as much as JB"loves" us,Flight club is just ANOTHER way of making MORE money,so no matter who says what,from the person under Gentry allll the way to theconsumer(us), they are gonna do what they have to do to make that almighty dollar...
*Takes a deep breath no+++!@*

Originally Posted by digitalO22

\The fact that we were invited by you to join an exclusive club carrying exclusive Jordan Brand shoes and gear indicates to me that you feel we are a special portion of the market that has earned the right of access to special offerings from Jordan Brand. There are many of us who do not live in major metropolitan areas and have a great deal of difficulty getting some of the limited release products. For example, in order to get the DMP I had to drive 2 hours south of my home, camp out, buy a size that was not mine, ship my pack to Ohio + $50 for an exchange to my size, and pay return shipping for my size 12s. I ended up spending about $100 extra in gas, shipping, and fees in order to get my shoes. That I did it should illustrate how important collecting is to me. Surely there are others who have had similar experiences in the past.

In closing, I ask that you consider my proposal; make the XXIII and Countdown Packs available to the loyal Jordan Brand customers who are a part of Flight Club. At the end of the day, we are all just shoe geeks and all we want is access to our chosen vice in life: Air Jordans. I am confident members would be forever grateful and would make plenty of happy purchases if they were given the opportunity. I know I would. Please slip this present into our stockings this year!

Thank you for your time in consideration of this proposal.

Sincerely,

James W. Hamilton III

Sorry to say but JB or Gentry doesn't care about you guys individually. Flight Club is a marketing move that keeps hype built around their product, plain and simple. And I know for sure they don't care about what you personally were willing to do to, or costs you incurred to obtain their product, if anything they would be happy that their marketing techniques keeps demand high. Personally I would never spend $100 and gas and wait in a line for kicks that aren't even your size? Damn the joke is on you. JB has you and alot of people by the bullocks. Believe me I feel your pain, it's just I'm so over kicks due to this stuff in addition to quality issues. By the time the DMP released, I had already lost my passion for kicks. DOn't get me wrong, I still have my 20-25 pairs, although I haven't purchased a pair since January.
I'm not sure you fully understand marketing. However, I'll not try and do a better job than I have already done.

Second, reading is fundamental. The shoes I purchased that were the wrong size were purchased with the knowledge that I could exchange them with an onlinestore and the sum total of my efforts would be less than the $900 they were charging.

One last thing: Do you really think the Flight Club invitations were sent to random people? Do you really believe JB pulled up their mailing list,printed it out, and threw darts at it? Flight Club invitees were identified using a formula and I GUARANTEE prior purchase patterns were a part of thatformula.

thats great...so what about the rest of the us...living on planet earth who are not anywhere near ny? you're an idiot

Originally Posted by SuperDuprMunky

thats great...so what about the rest of the us...living on planet earth who are not anywhere near ny? you're an idiot
I think you are confusing Flight Club NY with the Flight Club on Jumpman23.com.

Don't call me an idiot; at least I write in complete sentences and capitalize properly. Also, isn't it idiotic to misconstrue something and then lashout in anger?

Oh, and welcome to NikeTalk.

I think some people are misunderstanding me.

I am asking that the XXIII and Countdown Packs be released on Flight Club (the Jordan website) as well as in the stores. I'm not trying to excludepeople; I just want the ability to log on to Flight Club and order these shoes.

One last thing: Do you really think the Flight Club invitations were sent to random people? Do you really believe JB pulled up their mailing list, printed it out, and threw darts at it? Flight Club invitees were identified using a formula and I GUARANTEE prior purchase patterns were a part of that formula.

As much as I agree with you on some parts you're completely wrong on this one. How would you explain the fact I live in Europe and NEVER orderedanything from NDC, nor Jumpman23.com for a simple reason they don't ship outside US. My email addy has been in the database and I've received inviteedo join The Flight Club. Hopefully I'll be able to get someone from US to order these III for me.
Paix
c.

Originally Posted by cweak

One last thing: Do you really think the Flight Club invitations were sent to random people? Do you really believe JB pulled up their mailing list, printed it out, and threw darts at it? Flight Club invitees were identified using a formula and I GUARANTEE prior purchase patterns were a part of that formula.

As much as I agree with you on some parts you're completely wrong on this one. How would you explain the fact I live in Europe and NEVER ordered anything from NDC, nor Jumpman23.com for a simple reason they don't ship outside US. My email addy has been in the database and I've received invitee do join The Flight Club. Hopefully I'll be able to get someone from US to order these III for me.
Paix
c.
Interesting.

As with all things, perhaps there are minor glithces in their selection process. However, I stand by my statement that many of the people who received thoseinvites were sent the invites on purpose, not randomly.

I GUARANTEE prior purchase patterns were a part of that formula.
nonsense.

i got an official invite, despite the fact that i have made no prior direct purchases from nike.com because i live in australia and i can't.

I think some people are misunderstanding me.

I am asking that the XXIII and Countdown Packs be released on Flight Club (the Jordan website) as well as in the stores. I'm not trying to exclude people; I just want the ability to log on to Flight Club and order these shoes.

so do i. but since i'm not in the united states i cannot. and the stores here charge through the roof for such packs.
i'm almost completelyresigned to missing almost all of these packs.

Originally Posted by digitalO22

\The fact that we were invited by you to join an exclusive club carrying exclusive Jordan Brand shoes and gear indicates to me that you feel we are a special portion of the market that has earned the right of access to special offerings from Jordan Brand. There are many of us who do not live in major metropolitan areas and have a great deal of difficulty getting some of the limited release products. For example, in order to get the DMP I had to drive 2 hours south of my home, camp out, buy a size that was not mine, ship my pack to Ohio + $50 for an exchange to my size, and pay return shipping for my size 12s. I ended up spending about $100 extra in gas, shipping, and fees in order to get my shoes. That I did it should illustrate how important collecting is to me. Surely there are others who have had similar experiences in the past.

In closing, I ask that you consider my proposal; make the XXIII and Countdown Packs available to the loyal Jordan Brand customers who are a part of Flight Club. At the end of the day, we are all just shoe geeks and all we want is access to our chosen vice in life: Air Jordans. I am confident members would be forever grateful and would make plenty of happy purchases if they were given the opportunity. I know I would. Please slip this present into our stockings this year!

Thank you for your time in consideration of this proposal.

Sincerely,

James W. Hamilton III

Sorry to say but JB or Gentry doesn't care about you guys individually. Flight Club is a marketing move that keeps hype built around their product, plain and simple. And I know for sure they don't care about what you personally were willing to do to, or costs you incurred to obtain their product, if anything they would be happy that their marketing techniques keeps demand high. Personally I would never spend $100 and gas and wait in a line for kicks that aren't even your size? Damn the joke is on you. JB has you and alot of people by the bullocks. Believe me I feel your pain, it's just I'm so over kicks due to this stuff in addition to quality issues. By the time the DMP released, I had already lost my passion for kicks. DOn't get me wrong, I still have my 20-25 pairs, although I haven't purchased a pair since January.
I'm not sure you fully understand marketing. However, I'll not try and do a better job than I have already done.

Second, reading is fundamental. The shoes I purchased that were the wrong size were purchased with the knowledge that I could exchange them with an online store and the sum total of my efforts would be less than the $900 they were charging.

Dude, I know you purchased the wrong size in order to trade them along with $50 for your size. I understand that, but if you had to go through all thattrouble then you already lost. That's on top of spending $100 in gas and waiting in line...smh. Flight Club is a joke, they don't care about you nordo they have to cater to you. Like I said, it's all a gimmick to keep demand high. Nothing more nothing less. Do you did you really need theDMP's that bad or can you admit that hype may have played a role. People want what they can't have and you'll do it all over again.

And to answer your question, yes I do think they sent invites to random people. The ones who got one feel like they are part of an elite group, while allthe hypebeasts who didn't get one will do what they can to get an invite. As long as they keep the invites limited, it builds hype. period. If they letanyone join, then you wouldn't feel so special would you. JB wins.

JB's criteria must not be all that stringent because I have had a jumpman account since 2004 and have made absolutely no purchases directly from JB online and still receieved a flight club invitation.
I have to second this. I can't remember the last thing I bought from Nike or JB online - I didn't get a flight club invitation, but I didget an AF1 ID invitation - I think it's pretty random.

every1 i know who just has a nike account, who have never even made a purchase from the website received an invite.... even my mom did.... she really did.. shehas a nike account... no i don't know why

nike doesn't care about anyone.. they just want your money

Dear Genty

This year all I want is this...

Air Jordans "Inspired by the greatest player ever"

I love how you make a suggestion on this board and people immediately have to find a way to say something negative. I'm trying to give voice to what seemsto be a reasonable idea and many of you take it as an opportunity to try and find one small thing I said that may not be 100% accurate and turn that into thefocal point. I want the XXIII and Countdown Packs to release on Flight Club. Period. Whether or not you agree with my theory about how JB decided to parcel outthe invites, it still doesn't change the main idea of my piece: I want the XXIII and Countdown Packs to release on Flight Club. I bet some of you do reallywell on things like SATs, ACTs, etc...(by the way, those are college entrance exams).

Digital022:

I don't know what makes you so angry, but you should seek out professional help. It amazes me that a person who does not know me would be sobold as to make several negative comments about me. To be clear, I don't see where JB "won" and I "lost" because I have the financialability to spend as I please. The biggest inconvenience in my story, for me, was the time, not the money. I only included that fact because, as a writer, Iknow that issues of money resonate with people who don't have much of it and I thought it might tug at some of the heart strings here on NT. Looks like itworked. I wanted the pack because I wanted those shoes, not because some hype-beast made me want them. I don't buy stuff I don't want.

Go to the Humane Society and pet a kitten; you need some joy in your life. Leave me out of your negative existence. I am happy in the knowledge that I willhave the packs I want, one way or another, and I am prepared to perform whatever financial or physical exertion is necessary to have what I want. I hopesomeday you have the same luxury and you are able to couple it with a less offensive personality.

Back
Top Bottom