Dear Mama, Tupac & Afeni Shakur five-part docuseries on FX on Hulu OUT NOW

1682040686781.jpeg

Allen Hughes was on Roxanne Shante's Sirius XM show promoting this earlier in the week. Sounds like they put a ton of love, time, and effort into it. Hope it lives up to the high expectations I have for it. :lol:

This is flat out great. The parallel between these two is crazy. Also didn't know the beefs between the New York and Oakland Panthers.

His aunt Glo and cousin Jamala is goofy as hell

Yea this is probably the best Pac documentary I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen a few in my lifetime. It helps that it’s 5 hours long so they can talk about a lot more and aren’t stuck in a 1 hour and a half or 2 hour box. Can’t wait for the final episode next week.

I actually think this is the RESET, that we need. Really puts into perspective *****s like Drake etc now, and what they chose to do with their lives/power/influence etc. That’s a whole nother convo tho. The layers in this joint are just crazy.

After episode 4 (and watching the entire series) it puts a lot of things into perspective. Pac even realer than I thought.

Dawg was fearless, and only cared about helping black people. Especially the ones who need it most. Dude wasn’t

Re-listening to the Monster Kody interview, after watching the Dear Mama doc makes it that much clearer.

Like, take this interview from MC Eight…he mad 2pac *****d his Money up, and his situation with the Disciples in Milwaukee. Instead of being upset at them same *****s who killed a kid, partying.

But really Pac, dolo…tells Them gangstas in a whole other city that they are wrong for Yummi Sanders. and goes at it with them. Literally, living his raps. A completely different type of *****!

I actually think this is the RESET, that we need. Really puts into perspective *****s like Drake etc now, and what they chose to do with their lives/power/influence etc. That’s a whole nother convo tho. The layers in this joint are just crazy.
The people that run hip hop and its distribution propped up Drake to be the face of hip hop...

The genre has long been hijacked and now weaponized :smh:

Damn been meaning to check this on this once I saw the previews. Have some upcoming business flights so perfect time to binge. Looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom