Dear Nike.... Please, seriously

While I can appreciate that you've been hitting us with some crazy retros the last couple of years (small air bubbles aside), we can both agree there have been some mis-steps. (strange colorblocking, cheap materials on occasion, HOH over GR and vice versa, etc...)  With the Barkley line in particular, we've seen some hits and misses, and we've also seen retros and retros of shoes that we love and shoes that nobody really seemed to be thirsting for all that much.  I was happy that you re-retroed the Air Force Max B in the OG black colorway, but not quite as happy with the strangely shaped tongue and super-short toe-box. Still, I copped and still rock them nonetheless.

But these here have been neglected since they first retroed in 2001 while we've seen every other colorway under the sun and almost every other Barkley so far (only thing left is CB4s and strap CB34's in OG colors).  This is my current pair but through age the leather has gotten somewhat darker/dingier in a way that can't be scrubbed off and they're just not quite as crisp as  they used to be.  I really need new pairs.  Thanks.

zk0q6e.jpg

z0pp1.jpg

agreed, i just wore mine today and will probably wear the black ones tomorrow 
smokin.gif

force max cb's in og colors are much needed as well, i was
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
with that black/red/white w/ patent leather garbage they tried to pull off
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

While I can appreciate that you've been hitting us with some crazy retros the last couple of years (small air bubbles aside), we can both agree there have been some mis-steps. (strange colorblocking, cheap materials on occasion, HOH over GR and vice versa, etc...)  With the Barkley line in particular, we've seen some hits and misses, and we've also seen retros and retros of shoes that we love and shoes that nobody really seemed to be thirsting for all that much.  I was happy that you re-retroed the Air Force Max B in the OG black colorway, but not quite as happy with the strangely shaped tongue and super-short toe-box. Still, I copped and still rock them nonetheless.

But these here have been neglected since they first retroed in 2001 while we've seen every other colorway under the sun and almost every other Barkley so far (only thing left is CB4s and strap CB34's in OG colors).  This is my current pair but through age the leather has gotten somewhat darker/dingier in a way that can't be scrubbed off and they're just not quite as crisp as  they used to be.  I really need new pairs.  Thanks.

zk0q6e.jpg

z0pp1.jpg
pimp.gif
got those in my stash of kicks chilllllllllllin ..i was tight about a decade ago that they didn't retro em with da concord purple so maybe when they'll do it next time.

White uppers with black swooshes and colored accents always get my appreciation. THAT IS THE early to mid 90s epitomized

Love this shoe and love this colorway. I'd cop without question if done the right way.

Yo I swear I have been looking for these and they pop up very rarely on Ebay. Sz11 never comes up
frown.gif

...thought i mentioned it in the Blk Foam Pro thread....they're on Nike's radar for next year

missed a pair on ebay about a month and a half ago DS for around 120 shipped.....
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I was happy that you re-retroed the Air Force Max B in the OG black colorway, but not quite as happy with the strangely shaped tongue and super-short toe-box. Still, I copped and still rock them nonetheless.

The tongue wasn't really on point on the circa 2000 version...... i'm pretty sure the toe box was short too.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

this exact colorway? aww man that would be great...

not really sure they had taken out a white and grey pair from the archives and mentioned that they want to bring it back in some old colorways and some new ones...in limited amounts

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Love this shoe and love this colorway. I'd cop without question if done the right way.

yes. even though they are super heavy compared to other basketball shoes, i would still love to ball in these. brings back so many memories
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom