Debating buying an iPhone...dreading the credit check

So I'm in the market for a new phone. I really want an iPhone, but GOD knows I don't have any credit.
laugh.gif

I've heard their deposit is $500...have any of you paid that? I personally don't think a phone is worth thatmuch, but I've always wanted one. Can someone slap some sense into me, or point me into a better direction?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Buy one off the internet, go in and get the iPhone data plan.
But they'll still check my credit if I want to activate service, right? I mean, the depositisn't for the [color= rgb(153, 153, 255)]phone[/color]...it's forthe [color= rgb(153, 153, 255)]service[/color]. Or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

So you do not have AT&T right now?
Nope. I'm on raggedy $$% T-Mobile right now.

I'd either go into the store or call AT&T, just say you are looking to change service and they will assist you. Or buy a unlocked iPhone, get a dataplan with T-Mobile and use it that way.

My credit is horrible, I mean really horrible. But my deposit was only $100 which I think is good compared to other companies. The $200 for the iPhone plus thedeposit, I spent less than $320.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I believe the iPod Touch w/ camera and mic are coming out this month. You should wait for that.

word???? imma check that out

When I got a cell phone on my own the first time I went to T-Mobile and their deposit was crazy. So I went to AT&T with no credit (good or bad) and theydidnt charge me any deposit. I got the black jack II so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

If you have no credit then AT&T charges $500 for a deposit, that you get back after 1 year of paying your bill on time with no service interruptions.(i.e., you didn't pay your bill for 2 months and they cut your service until you pay it) I hear they're going to start using iphone's withdifferent providers, so maybe if you wait around for it to hit Verizon or something, they might ask for a smaller deposit.

Back
Top Bottom