Dec. 15 Releases, Who Will Sell Most? Alicia Keys vs. Mary J. vs. Chris Brown

With the announcement that Chris Brown will release his new album on December 15, he joins Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys as three heavy hitters competing forsales on the same day. Who will sell the most in the first week? Click below to vote if you want.

My vote goes to Alicia Keys, even though her first single isn't doing much.

my boo easily
pimp.gif

viva la breezy tho

Considering that Mary's last 2 albums debuted with 730K and 600K, with a hit single between now and then, I'll take my money on her.

Alicia always sells, but she's looking at potentially the lowest first week sales of her career. Her first single flopped and that's why the album waspushed back.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Shameless blog plug.

But to answer the question, possibly Chris Brown.
Not really, I'm creating a discussion on the board. Yea I put a link to the blog if anyone feels like voting there, but you don't have to.

Just like I did with the 112 vs. JE post, and that got a ton of discussion going on here, not on the blog.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Considering that Mary's last 2 albums debuted with 730K and 600K, with a hit single between now and then, I'll take my money on her.

Alicia always sells, but she's looking at potentially the lowest first week sales of her career. Her first single flopped and that's why the album was pushed back.
She pushed it back to add more material.

She wouldn't push it back to a release with Mary and CB if she was worried about not getting sales.

Maybe she would.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Alicia always sells, but she's looking at potentially the lowest first week sales of her career. Her first single flopped and that's why the album was pushed back.
She pushed it back to add more material.

She wouldn't push it back to a release with Mary and CB if she was worried about not getting sales.

Maybe she would.
I mean that's the official reason, but I've heard rumors it was because the first single isn't doing well, and that would make sense.Although the date she chose might not help.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

^^^ *DEAD* thet question is who's actually going to drop albums that day?.
Hopefully Mr. Fiasco

but my money is on MJB, my mom is def buyin her *#+*

THIS

and i bet CB wont come out this year

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

THIS

and i bet CB wont come out this year
Why you say that? CB has 2 singles that seem to be in rotation right now.

Chris Brown sold 295,000 in the first week with "Exclusive."

Alicia sold 742,000 in the first week with "As I Am."

Mary J. sold 629,000 in the first week wtih "Growing Pains."

Back
Top Bottom