December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

tenor.gif

Oh this was bad

I learned about Bruiser Brody retroactively from my good friend in the late '90s.
Brody1.jpg
Brody2.jpg
Brody3.png

I always wondered why he never worked in WWF. I noticed he had a nomadic approach with his career because he constantly worked different promotions choosing not to stay in a company for a long time.

I think he would have been a hit in WWF during their '80s heyday. He could have been a major heel predicated on his insanely sadistic gimmick in addition to his size. Just a big and wild man. But I have a feeling more than likely that WWF would try to make him deviate from his gimmick since they were mainstream and tried to appeal towards kids. Perhaps they would have tried to repackage him so it wouldn't have worked. And perhaps his style wouldn't have been conducive to what WWF was marketing at the time. But we'll never know unfortunately.

I still think he could have worked a program with Hulk Hogan in '80s WWF. He would have been an ideal challenger for Hogan. I think Brody would have been the right heel to feud with Hogan since he was bigger. I could have envisioned WWF pitting him against Hogan on some marquee events, but not being able to beat Hogan for the title. I really thought they would have had good matches. Brody wouldn't be a guy WWF would give a belt to especially since Hogan was the top draw and cash cow that time. And Brody never stayed long term with a company so him having the title wasn't ideal.

I learned about Bruiser Brody retroactively from my good friend in the late '90s.
Brody1.jpg
Brody2.jpg
Brody3.png

I always wondered why he never worked in WWF. I noticed he had a nomadic approach with his career because he constantly worked different promotions choosing not to stay in a company for a long time.

I think he would have been a hit in WWF during their '80s heyday. He could have been a major heel predicated on his insanely sadistic gimmick in addition to his size. Just a big and wild man. But I have a feeling more than likely that WWF would try to make him deviate from his gimmick since they were mainstream and tried to appeal towards kids. Perhaps they would have tried to repackage him so it wouldn't have worked. And perhaps his style wouldn't have been conducive to what WWF was marketing at the time. But we'll never know unfortunately.

I still think he could have worked a program with Hulk Hogan in '80s WWF. He would have been an ideal challenger for Hogan. I think Brody would have been the right heel to feud with Hogan since he was bigger. I could have envisioned WWF pitting him against Hogan on some marquee events, but not being able to beat Hogan for the title. I really thought they would have had good matches. Brody wouldn't be a guy WWF would give a belt to especially since Hogan was the top draw and cash cow that time. And Brody never stayed long term with a company so him having the title wasn't ideal.

This also relates to the post you made burying Lex Loser

Enjoy!

I learned about Bruiser Brody retroactively from my good friend in the late '90s...
I always wondered why he never worked in WWF.

Technically he worked in the WWWF from 1976-1977.

Here is a random match against some jobber...

And here against Legendary Champion Bruno Sammartino

Back
Top Bottom