December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

A4BB02AC-E764-47B7-BCE8-3C41BB8FC7AE.jpeg

Why does he have 2 huge stretch marks on his upper arm and below the elbow looks like a Hellboy arm?..

All I see from the shoulders up is..
mug-shot-of-man-with-massive-neck-posted-to-escambia-county-sheriffs-office.png

Peak Impact here. I think those crowds stopped being as wild and organic like that sometime after 2008

Yeah man..From about 07-11 was when TNA really was putting on some outstanding wrestling..I went to Lockdown in Cincy in '10 or '11 and it was a fun show..But HulKKK was really fully infecting the product and it was starting to go down after that..

Side note: I almost got kicked out of that show for mercilessly heckling Brooke "My dad hates black guys so I'm doing a BLACKED scene next week" Hogan..Nic's punkazs caught some smoke too..

Last edited:

:lol: @ "Plus Naomi"

:lol: @ "Plus Gary ALbright"

Not sure if he even thought this out before he made the original Tweet.

Kinda like when yall say, "(Insert Random Occurrence/Item/Concept/Person ___ was Top 3/5 I have ever experienced) without having an actual list in place.

Clash of the Champions 96

Intro

First of all I love the logo for this event. That scratch font was so 90’s. I don’t believe that they claimed Jordan was married there. Where the hell did they get that from??

PE vs. Nasty Boys

This match has botchamania written all over it.

That nut shot on the railing looked painful!

The table looked hard AF. I guess WCW was trying to reel in some extreme fans.

Great Promo by Ric and Giant. Giant mic skills getting better every week. Love his growly voice.

Karate fighters commercial!

Malenko vs. Alex Wright

Dean was so good at making others look good. There were some painful looking leg grapples in this match.

I don’t get why they hype up Alex Wright so much when he just keeps taking L’s. I think I’ve only seen him win one match since the start of Nitro.

Just let him be a jobber and treat him like so but don’t build him up in the commentary like he’s amazing if he’s just going to lose all the time

Sting, Luger & Road Warriors promo

I didn’t understand one word that came out of Hawk’s mouth. He even tried to get a “what a rush” in there at the end but it was mostly inaudible

Paul Orndoff promo

What was up with this Paul Orndoff promo? Why is he looking off to the side and not the camera? He just looks like grandpa Simpson yelling at a cloud in this

Pillman vs Eddie

Pillman was on full heel mode. I can only imagine how much he partied in Vegas that week. He really tried to take Herman’s jacket off !

This match really sucked for how good it could have been with these two in a ring. Terrible finish too.

Thinking Eddie should have been paired up with someone by this point as a team to spice up the tag team division.

Hogan/Macho Man/some old football player promo

Hogan took a dig at macho man there at the end

Tag team title match

Steven Regal played that character sooo good. True mastermind of the sport.

I don’t think anyone expected the blue bloods to take the belt off these two so soon.

Psychosis vs Konnan

Was Psychosis influenced by Thunder liger at all? His outfit is very similar.

The crowd was not into this at all but it was good glimpse at what was to come from the Lucha libre faction in WCW. That ziplock finish was sick. Was this the first time it was used in the US?

The Japanese ladies in the front row liked it and that’s all that matters, really.

Wedding Promo

What the hell were they thinking with this thing? Sherri stepped out of that Limo looking raggedy. I’d still tap for sure.

Kind of felt sorry for Sherri on her big day but at least we got to see some of Medusa.

The main event

Miss Elizabeth Byke! Man it’s crazy to see her and Woman together. This must have been around the time they both met the men that would lead them to their deaths.

I wasn’t expecting anything I hadn’t seen before from these three. This match was all about the Giant for me and seeing how he’s developed after a couple of matches with hulk already.

Flair flipping over the turnbuckle on to the camera guy was gold. He took a hard one for the team but got the shot.

Nothing to note in this match it was just all show for the special guests.

All around pretty bad Event. Easily forgettable.

Back
Top Bottom