Defect on Altitudes, anyone have any luck with Nike Exchanging on limited releases??

Whats up guys? I, like many of you, purchased the altitudes this past weekend from my local footlocker.  When I got home I noticed that the right shoe has what appears to be a glue stain/black magic marker mark on the right pod.  The shoes have never been worn or tried on.  I called Nike but they told me they can't do anything for me as far as exchange so I will probably write to corporate and see if anything can be done.  Since this is a limited release, the shoes are sold out everywhere.  I tried exchanging them on release day but all the local footlockers in Miami already sold out.  Has anyone had any similar experiences, and if so what has Nike/Jordan Brand done for you.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thanks guys.  

Whats up guys? I, like many of you, purchased the altitudes this past weekend from my local footlocker.  When I got home I noticed that the right shoe has what appears to be a glue stain/black magic marker mark on the right pod.  The shoes have never been worn or tried on.  I called Nike but they told me they can't do anything for me as far as exchange so I will probably write to corporate and see if anything can be done.  Since this is a limited release, the shoes are sold out everywhere.  I tried exchanging them on release day but all the local footlockers in Miami already sold out.  Has anyone had any similar experiences, and if so what has Nike/Jordan Brand done for you.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thanks guys.  

Doesn't sound like a defect to me. Glue stains are common. Best advice is to wear them and get over it. No one will notice anyway

Doesn't sound like a defect to me. Glue stains are common. Best advice is to wear them and get over it. No one will notice anyway

Nike doesn't give exchanges or vouchers for cosmetic defects. There has to be something wrong performance wise. Next time ask them to bring out more then 1 in your size or look at them before you leave.

Nike doesn't give exchanges or vouchers for cosmetic defects. There has to be something wrong performance wise. Next time ask them to bring out more then 1 in your size or look at them before you leave.

Inspect both shoes before you leave the store.

Not only for cosmetic flaws but also mis-mates.

Happened to me with the Aqua's copped on RD and I didn't wear them until about 6 months later luckily someone realized and put the other mis-mated pair away in the back and I was able to exchange them.

Inspect both shoes before you leave the store.

Not only for cosmetic flaws but also mis-mates.

Happened to me with the Aqua's copped on RD and I didn't wear them until about 6 months later luckily someone realized and put the other mis-mated pair away in the back and I was able to exchange them.

Originally Posted by UofCking84

Glue stains can usually be taken care of. Have you tired using anything on it yet? Just using a little of a product like goo gone to loosn up the glue, and then use your finger nail to get a majority off. You can just rub the rest off with your finger without having to scratch at it.

Originally Posted by UofCking84

Glue stains can usually be taken care of. Have you tired using anything on it yet? Just using a little of a product like goo gone to loosn up the glue, and then use your finger nail to get a majority off. You can just rub the rest off with your finger without having to scratch at it.

That sucks, but like everyone else is saying your stuck with them unless you return them!

That sucks, but like everyone else is saying your stuck with them unless you return them!

I've learned from experience I always inspect my shoes when I by them a store.obviously you can do that on the online releases. But it is what it is.

I've learned from experience I always inspect my shoes when I by them a store.obviously you can do that on the online releases. But it is what it is.

Not a big deal. I don't think people will notice it unless you tell them. I can understand how some people can be anal about that kind of stuff though.

Not a big deal. I don't think people will notice it unless you tell them. I can understand how some people can be anal about that kind of stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom