Delete 10 Facebook friends, get a free Whopper.

Facebook's developer platform has been used for a zillion marketing campaigns so far, but this one is actually dead-on hilarious.

Fast-food chain Burger King has created "WhopperSacrifice," a Facebook app that will give you a coupon for a free hamburger if you delete 10 people from your friends list.

Burger King has put out some interesting campaigns as of late ("Whopper Virgin," "Subservient Chicken"), but this one piques ourinterest because of how gleefully it pokes fun at our social-networking obsessions. "Now is the time to put your fair-weather Web friendships to thetest," the Whopper Sacrifice site explains. "Install Whopper Sacrifice on your Facebook profile, and we'll reward you with a free flame-broiledWhopper when you sacrifice ten of your friends.

The funniest part: The "sacrifices" show up in your activity feed. So it'll say, for example, "Caroline sacrificed Josh Lowensohn for afree Whopper." Unfortunately, you can't delete your whole friends list and eat free (however unhealthily) for a week. The promotion is limited to onecoupon per Facebook account.

My Facebook friends had better appreciate the fact that I made a New Year's resolution to cut out red meat. Hint, hint.

Link

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'll delete my whole account for some fries too
nerd.gif

does this really work??? cuz im about to deleted 10 people... but i won't deleted until i get the confirmation that this works.

If you can refriend them, I'll just do it with my good friends, and laugh about it over a whopper.

Who needs friends when I can have a FREE WHOPPER!

EDIT: Ima ask my friends if they'll buy me a whopper. If they say no I'll delete them...

Back
Top Bottom