delete

Craigslist is only for local meet ups. And there isn't anyway to go about it without getting scammed.

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

so im selling somethin via craigslist, and this dude from UK contacts me

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm currently in UK and want to ship the item down here. There won't be any problem with the shipment cos my shipping broker will handle all necessary things,I will like to know the current condition and will appreciate it if you can send me some recent pictures and more so to accelerate on this transaction do get back to me with your contact address,full name and your cell no.i await your quick responce.

Martins

how do i go about this without gettin scammed.. every transaction i did was face to face no money orders, ebay, paypal etc.... no experience, i know
laugh.gif

why did my thread just dissappear???

but yea HELP me out someone
Money order and ship out once you CASH it. or Paypal and ship out once money CLEARS into your bank account

You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

Originally Posted by Penofski

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

so im selling somethin via craigslist, and this dude from UK contacts me

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm currently in UK and want to ship the item down here. There won't be any problem with the shipment cos my shipping broker will handle all necessary things,I will like to know the current condition and will appreciate it if you can send me some recent pictures and more so to accelerate on this transaction do get back to me with your contact address,full name and your cell no.i await your quick responce.

Martins

how do i go about this without gettin scammed.. every transaction i did was face to face no money orders, ebay, paypal etc.... no experience, i know
laugh.gif

why did my thread just dissappear???

but yea HELP me out someone
Money order and ship out once you CASH it. or Paypal and ship out once money CLEARS *INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT*
*fixed

If dude doesn't comply, then it's a no go.

Anytime they talk about a broker handling something for them, and its not worth more than 30k its %+@@%##!. If they have a broker they wouldn't be emailingyou in the first place, the broker would, thats their job.

Back
Top Bottom