Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
80's
Pg- Magic
Sg- Byron Scott
Sf- Cooper
Pf- Worthy
C- Kareem

90's (the Dark Times)
Pg- Van Exel
Sg- Peeler
Sf- Eddie Jones
Pf- Campbell
C- Vlade

2000's
Pg- Smush Parker
Sg- Von Wafer
Sf- Walton
Pf- Brian Cook
C- Kwame Brown
:pimp:

such disrespect for my boy dj mbenga 
mean.gif

Overall, there will never be anything like the Shaq era ever again. This may be getting away from the discussion here (because it doesn't make him any better of a Laker than Magic or Kareem), but there will never be another player that blurred the boundaries between basketball and entertainment ever again.

Yeah, Kazaam, Steel, and Shaq's albums sucked for the most part. And yeah, because they sucked, that's the main reason players don't have those same opportunities.

But it was a wild thing to see Shaq - the face of your team - in the movies and in the record store. Nothing will quite match that. Laker fandom extended beyond the court for that era.

Then he cut all that out (or the opportunities dried up on him), and not long after, the championships came in full swing.

One-of-a-kind memories

Overall, there will never be anything like the Shaq era ever again. This may be getting away from the discussion here (because it doesn't make him any better of a Laker than Magic or Kareem), but there will never be another player that blurred the boundaries between basketball and entertainment ever again.

Yeah, Kazaam, Steel, and Shaq's albums sucked for the most part. And yeah, because they sucked, that's the main reason players don't have those same opportunities.

But it was a wild thing to see Shaq - the face of your team - in the movies and in the record store. Nothing will quite match that. Laker fandom extended beyond the court for that era.

Then he cut all that out (or the opportunities dried up on him), and not long after, the championships came in full swing.

One-of-a-kind memories
but but.... thunderstruck

i agree though

Ugh, Thunderstruck :lol:

I know you probably know this but...

Kazaam and Steel were big-budget nationwide theatrical releases, full promo and everything. So it was like you'd be watching TV and here comes Shaq, who recently signed with the Lakers and turned the franchise back around and made them relevant, on your TV as a movie star. Wild

I came across an old 90s clip of Conan O'Brien's "In the year 2000" bit. "In the year 2000... the NBA lockout will end and the world will rejoice. Not because that means basketball is back, but because Shaquille O'Neal will no longer have time to make lame movies."

Just picked up my tix and :pimp:.. I need to laminate this one and the Finals Game 7 one before they get all messed up. Anyone else collect ALL of their tickets? Whether it be sporting events, concerts, comedy shows, etc.orrr am I just a weirdo :lol:

So hyped for the game, HUGE in terms of trying to make the Playoffs.. especially against the squad right on our tail. Shaq's retirement ceremony should be amazing, I've never been apart of one. Has anybody else?

With Phil speaking, I almost feel the 'We Want Phil' chants are inevitable when he does. I'll definitely partake :pimp:

^I collect all my tix too :lol:

My Giants NLCS Game 7 tix got absolutely wrecked in the rain during the game |I :frown:

I used to collect movie ticket stubs.... had like an inch thick stack going.

when i go to lakers games i always buy my tickets online and print out the barcode for them to scan at the gate, is there anyway to get the actual ticket when doing this?

Top 5 Lakers All-Time:
1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. West
5. Shaq/Wilt

Top 5 Favorite Lakers:
1. Kobe
2. DFish
3. Magic
4. Horry
5. Shaq

Last edited:
Shaq's Laker career info graphic

shaquille o'neal, los angeles, nba #34 jersey number retirement
that 2000 season 
sick.gif

since then only lebron and tmac have had a better season in terms of PER

that shoe part is misleading though, no way a size 22 is twice as long as a 15

Last edited:
Hey, so who is y'all's worst Lakers? This should provide some answers with a little more variety then the favorite Lakers lists.

Kwame
Rush
Smush
Cook
Walton; I know he's kind of a mascot, but I was never a fan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom