Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it still hasn't fully settled in.

but the lakers org really gotta start thinking about the future.

if i were them, id talk to kobe throughout the summer, see where he's at. if he feels that he could suit up again next season, keep him on the roster and let him play it out.

if rehab is going slow but he's still determined, ask him if he'd be okay with being amnestied just for cap purposes and resign him in 2014 on a 1-2 yr deal so he can retire.

really is a tough situation :\

Yup, was thinking the same thing. That's the smartest and the classiest way to play it. Although Insurance will cover most of the salary, it doesn't not cover the luxury tax.

Last edited:
Today feels like something is missing from my life... I really hope this isn't the feeling I have when Kobe retires in a few years.
thats exactly the feeling thats going to come

the only thing that will soften it is if the team is in good hands when it happens

watched so many games that its just a weird feeling not knowing when hes going to come back

hes gone stretches where hes been out like the whole "coach kobe" scenario but we knew it was just day to day

this is different... a lot different

Last edited:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 50m
NBA amnesty window ONLY July 1-9 this offseason. That's only time Lakers can amnesty anyone. And remember they'd forfeit Kobe's Bird Rights

:nerd: Explanation?

Is this a big deal? Bird rights gives team the advantage of offering an extra year right?

Its not like we're resigning Kobe to a 6 year Max deal

And btw i dont think they'll amnesty him.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 50m
NBA amnesty window ONLY July 1-9 this offseason. That's only time Lakers can amnesty anyone. And remember they'd forfeit Kobe's Bird Rights

:nerd: Explanation?

Is this a big deal? Bird rights gives team the advantage of offering an extra year right?

Its not like we're resigning Kobe to a 6 year Max deal

And btw i dont think they'll amnesty him.

Bird rights gives the team the ability to go over the cap and luxury to resign a player to a max deal..

The exception is if there are already 3 guys on a max deal for the team, then they can offer up to $1 less than the max to that player..

For example: We have bird rights on Dwight Howard and Earl Clark this offseason...

Last year we had bird rights on Sessions.. We could have offered anything but a max contract.

So if we lose Bird Rights on Kobe... It means we can't go over cap to sign him.. Unless it's a MidLevelException or full exception that is $5mil. The Bird Rights forfeit makes it nearly impossible for us to drop him.

Last edited:
Kobe is not going to play for anyone else so it would basically come down to first if he's determined to come back, which he is, and if he's willing to sit out the entire season. They would have to have all the parameters in place as far as moving Pau, hoping Nash retires, and only having one max deal on the roster (Dwight). If Kobe were to come back for say 10 mil/year for 2 years we theoretically could have him Dwight and another max free agent in 2014-2015 and still be under the cap for the future.

Last edited:
Third Degree Rupture... Surgery today..

6-9month time table for return...

That's the word from Gary Vitti

Asked if Kobe will be back for next season, season opener.... Vitti: "That's the plan."

Last edited:
Got to the gym at 5AM and saw the news.
tired.gif
Could. Not. Breathe. But I gathered myself and put in 3 hours in honor of The Bean.

Helluva season, bro. I did not expect those type of performances and I was never a doubter.

1335467207_6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully this just means when Kobe resigns he'll sign for the minimum :lol:

Surgery is scheduled for 4:00 Eastern Time..

6 months brings us to October
9 months brings us to January

Last edited:
6-9 months :smh: welp. I'm not really sure where the team goes from here to the start of next season. D'Antoni better not be our head coach by October.

If that's the timeframe, then any more talk of amnesty is wasted time. I don't expect him back for the opener, though.

I really respect Bill Simmons' knowledge of basketball and writing, but he's gone out of his way lately to throw dirt on Jim and D'Antoni. :smh:

I'll take Tim Grover and Gary Vitti's medical expertise over his.

Yo.. not gonna lie though. His post game interview was really tough to watch. You could see that he was fighting back tears big time and probably had already shed a few before hand. And when he shot those free throws after the injury you could see him about to burst too.
He is probably the MJ for all the 90's babies like me. And it's a tough loss for the NBA. Not just the Lakers and you guys.
I hope he gets well soon and like people have been saying, if anyone can come back from this and average 30 and drop 55 in NY.. it's the Mamba.
Heat fan or not, I hope the best for Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom