Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw a picture of Odom on Media Day for the Clippers and wow..looks like he put on some weight.

LL

Last edited:
They absorbed his salary using the Lamar Odom Trade Exception, 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks.

Kareem talking more about Bynum:

“Andrew’s a nice kid — I am not knocking him — but if I was 21 or 22 and signed a contract for $50 million, I might be affected by it, too. He’s not passionate about the game; that’s a great word. But he does like getting paid. So that’s where I think you can figure out what’s going on with him".

That's how most Laker fans felt about Drew during his time in the purple & gold.

Thank god Jim Buss finally realized this past summer that Drew is not a franchise type player you build around.

Last edited:
Kareem talking more about Bynum:

That's how most Laker fans felt about Drew during his time in the purple & gold.
Thank god Jim Buss finally realized this past summer that Drew is not a franchise type player you build around.

Buss has been trying to get Dwight for almost a full year (would have been more than a year if not for the lockout)

Last edited:
Buss has been trying to get Dwight for almost a full year (would have been more than a year if not for the lockout)

I honestly think it was more Mitch who kept telling Jim Buss they need to trade for Dwight.Jim Buss for awhile his stance was Bynum was untouchable.

So I was helping a family member move into their new place a couple weeks ago and some ADT guys were installing a new alarm system in the new crib.
Turned out, I never knew ADT owned DirectTV, so I ask them what was up with the Laker channel, one of them told me they get non stop calls about it, so he said we'd have to order something called the Sports Regional Network (almost positive that was the name) and it would add about $3 and some change to the current DTV bill. Atleast I got it confirmed but I got too exited and I made the mistake of forgetting to ask when it becomes available.

I would take that info with a grain of salt.

All TWC SportsNet and Directv have been telling people asking about the new channels is "We are in negotiations and hope to provide an update closer to the start of the NBA regular season".

Based on all the articles I've read about this.The big road blocks are first how much TWC is asking it's competitors to charge per month to the consumers.Reports have said they are asking for about $3.95 a month.Another sticking point is companies like Directv probably want to carry the channels if they can offer it a la carte in a sports tier package.TWC & the Lakers on the other hand are saying no and they want it added to the basic level channel line up's. TWC customers in the Lakers DMA areas are getting it in the basic channel package levels and don't need to subscribe to TWC "Sports Pass" channel tier which is another $5 or $8 a month which includes NBATV, NFL Red Zone channel, Tennis channels, and some other random sports channels. But on the flip side though TWC customers outside of Cali like for example TWC customers in NYC can get the Lakers new channel if they subscribe to the "Sports Pass" tier.Those customers will see the Lakers related shows & content but the actual live games will get blacked out and they will need NBA League Pass to watch Laker games.

So I Am in Oakland, Ca and I have DirecTV. So what your saying is if I have the sports package (which I have), I will get all the Laker shows but no games? and I still have to buy league pass? Is this what they are negotiating? Or is that portion concrete and they are just negotiating price?

I honestly think it was more Mitch who kept telling Jim Buss they need to trade for Dwight.Jim Buss for awhile his stance was Bynum was untouchable.

Last December

However, according to Ken Berger from CBS Sports, it now seems that Jim Buss is willing to part with Bynum if the right deal comes along:

"It’s no surprise to anyone that the Lakers will be one of the primary suitors in a possible trade for Howard, and a person with knowledge of the team’s strategy told CBSSports.com that executive Jim Buss finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum “for the right deal.” That’s code for “a deal for Dwight Howard,” and it’s clear from those familiar with Howard’s thinking that he’d like to join the Lakers."

Jim is no idiot. When the Magic were ready he would give up Bynum in a hot second.

Last edited:
So I Am in Oakland, Ca and I have DirecTV. So what your saying is if I have the sports package (which I have), I will get all the Laker shows but no games? and I still have to buy league pass? Is this what they are negotiating? Or is that portion concrete and they are just negotiating price?

That's correct.But of course TWC & Directv need to reach a distribution deal to even carry the channels first.

Directv's monthly channel pricing plans which includes a sports tier which has YES, a bunch of random FSN networks, Big Ten Network.I think falls under the Premier package and Choice Ultimate.That's where this new channel would fall under.Yes they are still negotiating the monthly per customer price which would get passed down to the customers.Which is why Directv and the other TV providers are holding out right now because TWC is reportedly asking for $3.95 a month.Which would be the 2nd highest price in the nation for a regional sports network.

NBA League Pass right now is $179 which lets you watch on both TV and the PC version.What you can do is call up Directv and speak to the retention department and say your thinking about canceling and ask them to give you a discount price for NBA League Pass.They usually will offer you a discount because they don't want to lose a customer.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP1708"]I can't wait for that first 2 game losing streak in late November and this place filling with terror and dread. :nthat:[/quote]To a couple teams like the Bobcats and Kings or something. :lol:

Im more pissed there is no live stream >:

Mike Brown "I don't want to be part of any rebuilding!" Lakers mindset creeping in :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom