Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
those of us criticizing Kobe's shooting and perma-labeling him a chucker are cut from the same cloth. It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other. No, it's absolutely not an old school thing, because this is still taught in basketball worlds today, at all levels.

You can't win long term without starting pitching.

Need a solid middle linebacker to be elite.

Assists and shot attempts need to be fairly close to each other.

So...

He's averaging around 5 dimes on his careet? How many shots? Triple that? Quadruple, even?

Chucker.

In 2 of the last 3 games, he shot less than his assists. In the 1 game that wasn't true, he shot 3 more times than the amount of assists he had, and that was the most recent game where he shot 14 times and had 11 assists.

3 wins.

NOT a coincidence.

We're 6-22 when he shoots 20 or more, 14-3 when he's under 20. Obviously he's passing in those games, but the more lopsided the ratio is, the less likely it is we're going to win.

I find it funny that when Kobe decides to pass first and basically become the best point guard in the league this past week - instead of praising him for being so versatile and so good at whatever "style" he decides to play, haters say "see, Kobe is over rated, if he passes the ball the team does better"

News flash, Kobe has 5 championships (2 without Shaq with three total finals appearances) playing his "selfish" way that you guys claim so obviously he knows more then the haters.

"Im a starter and coming off the bench hurts my feelings"

I find it funny that when Kobe decides to pass first and basically become the best point guard in the league this past week - instead of praising him for being so versatile and so good at whatever "style" he decides to play, haters say "see, Kobe is over rated, if he passes the ball the team does better"

News flash, Kobe has 5 championships (2 without Shaq with three total finals appearances) playing his "selfish" way that you guys claim so obviously he knows more then the haters.

he really has 5? I must of been under a rock these past few years!

15/31 for 40 points is good... UNLESS you're doing it to the detriment of team ball and ball movement.

For the most part, 31 shots for ONE PLAYER will destroy the offensive flow for the rest of the team. In order to shoot a lot and still win games, you're going to need to score a lot more than 40 on most nights.

If Pau continues to complain and I was running the team point blank... Do you want to be traded? Because I'm tired of your *****ing. Accept your role, and play. It's not like you're playing 10 minutes. You're getting 25-30. You always say you love playing in LA, and you want to stay here. If that's the role you have, you do it. Stop complaining to the public and being selfish, if you continue to do it, I will trade you.

Accept it.

You sound like an idiot bro sorry.

There's a reason why we played so well when Dwight was in foul trouble against the thunder and a reason why the pelicans made an almost epic comeback on us in like 5 minutes.

I appreciate his passion because if he didnt care about only playing 19 minutes a night I would be worried. I never stated that pau should take earls minutes because he shouldn't, earl is playing magnificent.

My beef is pau should absolutely never be riding pine in the crucial moments of a game with Antawn Jamison taking his ******g minutes.

Y'all say ginobili don't complain but he's playing in big moments when the game is on the line.

Nonsense... They have a stretch 4. I want Pau no where near the final moments of the game against a stretch 4.

It's not passion, it's boo-hooing because he played like **** for 2 years, and got demoted.

When Pau displays passion for playing Lakers basketball, not just Spain basketball then we can say he is passionate.

Last edited:

:lol:

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going tonight. I'm really looking forward to see how Nash plays in his first return to Phoenix, hopefully he gives them a great show :D

It's also nice we don't have to start this long road trip across the country or anything so we should be able to come out with the same energy that we have these past 3 games, and if we do then we'll be in line for another W.

If Pau continues to complain and I was running the team point blank... Do you want to be traded? Because I'm tired of your *****ing. Accept your role, and play. It's not like you're playing 10 minutes. You're getting 25-30. You always say you love playing in LA, and you want to stay here. If that's the role you have, you do it. Stop complaining to the public and being selfish, if you continue to do it, I will trade you.

Accept it.

There's a reason why we played so well when Dwight was in foul trouble against the thunder and a reason why the pelicans made an almost epic comeback on us in like 5 minutes.

I appreciate his passion because if he didnt care about only playing 19 minutes a night I would be worried. I never stated that pau should take earls minutes because he shouldn't, earl is playing magnificent.

My beef is pau should absolutely never be riding pine in the crucial moments of a game with Antawn Jamison taking his ******g minutes.

Y'all say ginobili don't complain but he's playing in big moments when the game is on the line.

Nonsense... They have a stretch 4. I want Pau no where near the final moments of the game against a stretch 4.

It's not passion, it's boo-hooing because he played like **** for 2 years, and got demoted.

When Pau displays passion for playing Lakers basketball, not just Spain basketball then we can say he is passionate.

As opposed to who, Jamison? You want Jamison in the final moments against a stretch 4?

What reality are you from?

It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other.

Sorry Ska...you just pulled that one out of your rear end. Where did this correlation between FGA and assists suddenly come from? For a Shooting Guard at that?

Accept it.

As opposed to who, Jamison? You want Jamison in the final moments against a stretch 4?

It's a stretch 4 (meaning a guy who shoots, not a guy in the paint) so Clark or Metta.

Next time Pau is in a game watch how badly he plays defense outside of 10 feet.

Last edited:
It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other.

Sorry Ska...you just pulled that one out of your rear end. Where did this correlation between FGA and assists suddenly come from? For a Shooting Guard at that?

Wait what?

He must be referring to point guards. He HAS to.

Accept it.

It's a stretch 4 (meaning a guy who shoots, not a guy in the paint) so Clark or Metta.

Next time Pau is in a game watch how badly he plays defense outside of 10 feet.

OK, I'll give you Clark. His athleticism and length pose a problem for stretch 4s. Not confident in Metta though. I think his biggest strength is stopping people in the post.

If anything, I like Pau's length but I'll keep an eye out on his defense tonight.

OK, I'll give you Clark. His athleticism and length pose a problem for stretch 4s. Not confident in Metta though. I think his biggest strength is stopping people in the post.

If anything, I like Pau's length but I'll keep an eye out on his defense tonight.

Length to me is only good if you're trying to protect the rim, or for offensive purpose.

If we were playing the Grizz, I would be fine with Pau finishing.

But the Hornets should have been Metta & Clark out there finishing at SF & PF

Metta is an enigma on defense. He can guard everyone, and at the same time makes boneheaded defensive mistakes (a lot like everyone else) but I'd at least trust him to stay on Ryan Anderson and put a hand in his face.

As for Pau all you need to do is run 1 screen on him on the perimeter and Anderson has an open 3 every time like he did against Antawn.

Last edited:
Expect a tough game tonight. It's a homecoming for Nash and it'll be an emotional game, the Suns fans and the players will be fired up. Hopefully, Pau goes 2009-10 and kills the Suns when he sees Shannon Brown. :lol: But that's asking for too much.

Last edited:
The league approved our disabled player exception for Jordan Hill.

Means we have another roster spot.. So we have two spots.

So no more Lowry :frown:

I know a pipe dream :lol:

Let's get this DUB tonight man... I'm officially hyped for a good run into All-star break.

Been watchin/followin the NBA a long time. Never, ever, ever, in my life, heard about this shot to assist should be close ratio.

MJ was 22..9 shots per game. 5.3 assists. So MJ was a "chucker" then?

Kobe has had seasons of 27.2, 23.5 and 23.0 attempts a game. 3 seasons over 23. He also has a 22.8 and a 22.2, so a total of 5 seasons at 22 shots per game. 5.

MJ 27.8, 25.7, 24.4, 23.8, 23.1, 23.1, 22.7, 22.6, 22.4, 22.2, 22.1. 11 seasons taking over 22 a game. And Kobe has played more seasons than Mike has.

And as I have pointed out, his assists are nearly the same, minus the 2 teenage years Kobe didn't get many assists. It's like 5.3 to 5.1 in favor of Mike.

So I can be sure, MJ is then a Chucker, just the same as Allen Iverson, and Kobe Bryant, is this correct? Is this your position?

Ima sit this discussion out and wait till the PHX game.

It's all giving me a headache. I don't even know what exactly the argument is.

Kobe is a bad passer?
Kobe is overrated?
Jason Kidd is better?
Kobe shoots too much?

I honestly don't know what's being argued, we all know the logical answers to those questions

*kanye shrug*

Last edited:
Ima sit this discussion out and wait till the PHX game.

It's all giving me a headache. I don't even know what exactly the argument is.

Cliff notes?

Someone said that assists should be closer to your FGA, which is actually pretty absurd for any position outside of "point ______" to obtain.

I think they just pulled that stat out of their ***. No analyst would ever endorse such a statement.

If mamba keeps this up for the rest of the season and they get 6-7 seed, he's a lock for MVP in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom