Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stephen A. Smith is 100% legit.

Ric Bucher, David Aldrige, Marc Stein, Chris Sheridan and Chris Broussard all tried getting to the level Stephan A. Smith is on now. They tried to become the "insider" for the NBA. Kind of like how Adam Schefter is the "Insider" for the NFL.

They all have tried and they all have failed. Chris Broussard is the only one who can't seem to quit fighting it and continues to spew his BS rumors to the media.

Aside from the whole insider stuff, dude is a pretty decent sports journalist. He keeps it 100% real all the time. Even when it's about players he's close with.

Coming from NY and reading a lot of his work, dude is on-point with a lot of things. Until I hear it out of Stephan A. Smith, I won't believe it.
i agree with u and coupe88 both..SAS is annoying as hell cause he yells constantly, but dude is legit...anything he prints i read..and hes the ONE guy on espn that if he reports it, im not checking behind him...just like schefty is sas says it, i believe it..

i HATE brussaurd...dude is NEVER right, about ANYTHING...not my first time saying that..i honestly think dude has no sources, he just says stuff..lol..
Woj is the Schefter of the NBA and it's not close.
hes yahoo sports version just like glazer is yahoo/fox version of schefty...theyre def on a level of their own tho (woj and sas)

Am I tripping or is Kobe and Pau the only ones from the 2009/2010 championships with Peace being in the 2nd championship? :wow:

Am I tripping or is Kobe and Pau the only ones from the 2009/2010 championships with Peace being in the 2nd championship? :wow:

you're right. and it's only been 3 short years too. gasol and metta are most likely gone after this year too. times flies man

SAS gets it right once and everyone is on how jock. Stop it. He's been spews BS all the time. He said Dwight to the nets 150 times. He was embarrassed and angry the day after Dwight signed for another year. He was going nuts on the air. This is just him trying to ultimately be correct and probably Dwight's agent using him

Woj is the insider. As much as I hate that smug ****

Last edited:
SAS gets it right once and everyone is on how jock. Stop it. He's been spews BS all the time. He said Dwight to the nets 150 times. He was embarrassed and angry the day after Dwight signed for another year. He was going nuts on the air. This is just him trying to ultimately be correct and probably Dwight's agent using him

I think people have started to like Stephen A just because of the contrast with Skip. That was a great PR move for him. He still sucks though .

How could you blame Stephen A tho Dub? Dwight, his agents, and his circle were saying he was going to sign with the Nets in the off-season if he wasn't traded to Brooklyn, then the day before the trade deadline last year, Dwight made an emotionally irrational decision without advising his agent, (worst decision he's ever made) to resign opt/in for another year. Dwight knew he had made a ridiculous mistake, thats why last summer Dwight's camp was trying to accuse the Orlando Magic of blackmail.

Is it so far-fetched Dwight's irrational and indecisive personality made a stupid mistake? Of course it's not :lol:

Woj is a great insider as well, when it comes to front offices, general managers, and coaches.

But Stephen A is by far the most powerful journalist for the players in the NBA. This dude knows the agents and the circle's very well when it comes to superstars. The players trust Stephen A as well. Look at Kobe, Look at Dwight, Look at Carmelo, etc. They all go to him first for any interview.

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense as to why dwight has 0 post moves. 10 years in the league and hasnt improved his offensive game at all.
On top of that hes the biggest diva in the league.

I was at that clipper lakers game, the dude just doesn't play hard, he doesn't care.

Ship his *** out.
Gimme a few players that dont quit.

I'm honestly sick of this dude, biggest diva I've ever ever seen.

It doesn't make sense as to why dwight has 0 post moves. 10 years in the league and hasnt improved his offensive game at all.
On top of that hes the biggest diva in the league.

I was at that clipper lakers game, the dude just doesn't play hard, he doesn't care.

Ship his *** out.
Gimme a few players that dont quit.

I'm honestly sick of this dude, biggest diva I've ever ever seen.
ive been saying this for a while now but was getting killed for it.

if we dont trade him, I hope he goes elsewhere this summer.  He will never be a #1 option on a championship team.  Problem is, he truly believes he is a #1 option type player.

LAL — Roy/Smith/Pachulia

ATL — Peace/Williams/Pekovic

MIN — Gasol

- Nash/Kobe/Clark/Smith/Howard
- Blake/Meeks/???/Jamison/Pachulia

Blake, Meeks, Jamison & Pachulia (though I'd still rather trade Meeks because of the height disadvantage) off the bench then you flip Duhon/Ebanks+ for a back up SF.

Ferry gets his young center & then some rather than letting Smith walk for nothing + with the acquisition of Pekovic it wouldn't make sense to pay Zaza more at 5M as a back up on top of him already expiring.

Roy is basically expiring & retiring so for good measure they can send that contract our way. They're able to move Williams & they'd still have Cunningham. Puts Pau back in the starting line-up at his natural C position with that European connection.

LAL — Roy/Smith/Pachulia

ATL — Peace/Williams/Pekovic

MIN — Gasol

- Nash/Kobe/Clark/Smith/Howard
- Blake/Meeks/???/Jamison/Pachulia

Blake, Meeks, Jamison & Pachulia (though I'd still rather trade Meeks because of the height disadvantage) off the bench then you flip Duhon/Ebanks+ for a back up SF.

Ferry gets his young center & then some rather than letting Smith walk for nothing + with the acquisition of Pekovic it wouldn't make sense to pay Zaza more at 5M as a back up on top of him already expiring.

Roy is basically expiring & retiring so for good measure they can send that contract our way. They're able to move Williams & they'd still have Cunningham. Puts Pau back in the starting line-up at his natural C position with that European connection.

You a Lakers fan or ATL fan? Because ATL totally wins that trade

You a Lakers fan or ATL fan? Because ATL totally wins that trade
roll.gif

:smh: Of course I'm a Lakers fan & whoever rep'd, appreciate that.

I believe it's better than BKN's proposal of Humphries/Brooks & PHX's Gortat + whoever else floating out there.

Last edited:
would be sick if we could get rondo for pau and clark looooooool dudes would be calling conspiracy for days on here

the lakers have made several boneheaded moves or lack there of the past 3 yrs that still affect us today

giving artest a 5 yr deal. blake a 4 yr deal.  then turning down great trades for gasol (after he started his downfall so cant claim it was when pau was beasting).  Then LA goes out and gets McRoberts and Troy Murphy two yrs ago, with these two players being the biggest moves we made that offseason - oh and traded Lamar for a trade exception (didnt help us that season)

nash and howard were def good moves at the time but they didnt offset the paralyzing one which was hiring coach brown and then firing him only to replace him with Dantoni. 

I know we can point at David Stern and blame him bc the team would have been 180 degrees different had we had a core of Paul, Bryant and Bynum (or Howard) but still who knows what would have happened.

At the end of the day, we deserve the mess we have today (by we i mean the lakers, not the fans bc we really wanted none of the moves they've made these past few seasons)

Last edited:

well, maybe they will do it this year again.. because both players are damaged goods now.. even though rondo has more upside now, he's considered the bigger risk.. ACL tear is no joke.. but then why have steve nash? what would happen if rondo would clash with dantoni? what would happen to dwight? if he decides to stay? you have 2 players, kobe and rondo who are fierce competitors and then you have mr. funnypants, dwight howard.. even though he is still considered the best big man in the game.. im not a fan.. it's his lack of intensity and his willingness to become the centerpiece the lakers need him to be..

if he really wanted to be here, why play a meaningless allstar game? you already get the accolade of being an allstar, and you know you're not gonna win MVP.. why not rest those 6 days? if someone is gonna foul him in the wrong way tomorrow, the lakers' season is done... and that is just cause of the selfishness of dwight howard, not willing to put the team before himself

well, maybe they will do it this year again.. because both players are damaged goods now.. even though rondo has more upside now, he's considered the bigger risk.. ACL tear is no joke.. but then why have steve nash? what would happen if rondo would clash with dantoni? what would happen to dwight? if he decides to stay? you have 2 players, kobe and rondo who are fierce competitors and then you have mr. funnypants, dwight howard.. even though he is still considered the best big man in the game.. im not a fan.. it's his lack of intensity and his willingness to become the centerpiece the lakers need him to be..

if he really wanted to be here, why play a meaningless allstar game? you already get the accolade of being an allstar, and you know you're not gonna win MVP.. why not rest those 6 days? if someone is gonna foul him in the wrong way tomorrow, the lakers' season is done... and that is just cause of the selfishness of dwight howard, not willing to put the team before himself
wouldnt feel as good now :frown:

we would be reaching and be even more disfxnal.

Back
Top Bottom