Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn we aint getting no help from anybody right now :smh:

**** it, at least we handling our own business. good to see all the players in that must win mentality. I hope we burn Cuban's soul next game

gotta win every game now, good or ugly.

but really glad we beat down these jersey grabbers tonight. Cmon Lakeshow!

The Warriors, Jazz and Rockets are hooping right now smh.

Just gotta focus on winning all of our games.

We play on ABC on Sunday vs Cuban and the Mavs. Need to win to A, keep up, B stuff it down Cuban's throat, and C, knock them out for good like we did Portland.

And lastly, Kobe is 11 points from 31,000, Wilt is the next step after that milestone number.

Dwight, rest that shoulder man.

Nash, you shoot jumpers all day tomorrow and be ready for Sunday. No more let downs from you, need you to knock down shots.

nash said the reason for his poor shooting was that he tweaked his back early in the game. he said he should be ok for sunday

I'll buy that. Get that back well Nash.

Clark dislocated his pinkie too. Just one of those years I guess. :lol:

Clark dislocated his pinkie too. Just one of those years I guess.
laugh.gif
Time for you to move out of Oregon CP 
laugh.gif

Great game tonight by the our lakshow!!!  Houston is not going no where though, i just hope we can pull this off...

Clark dislocated his pinkie too. Just one of those years I guess.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I wish. But I married an Oregonian, I'm stuck here.

When I was in Sac in December it was so freaking home. Cali4Life.
pimp.gif
I always forget you're from Norcal 
laugh.gif
 Modesto right???

Oregon is actually pretty cool. I wanna road trip up to the Northwest this summer if I don't head to Europe 
happy.gif

From the looks of it...

Kobe played great
Dwight looked great...
Nash couldn't knock it down
MWP was MWP.
Clark was quiet
Jamison good
Meeks good
Blake absolutely ghost

Pretty much spot on?

Clark dislocated his pinkie too. Just one of those years I guess. :lol:
laugh.gif

I wish. But I married an Oregonian, I'm stuck here.

When I was in Sac in December it was so freaking home. Cali4Life. :pimp:
I always forget you're from Norcal 
laugh.gif

Modesto right???

Oregon is actually pretty cool. I wanna road trip up to the Northwest this summer if I don't head to Europe 
happy.gif

Right near Modesto, bout a half hour south of there.

Born and raised in an LA suburb tho, moved near Modesto around muddle school.

This place sucks. Sac ain't eem considered the nicer part of Cali and every damn thing you could wanna do is within an hour drive. Oregon has nothing. Bunch of hippies drinking micro brews in their "clubs" that are really just basements with peanut shells on the ground. #WeBeClubbin. :lol:

Dwight's attitude is like night and day.

I really hope we're seeing a new Dwight from here on out, and just doing it all on the floor with energy and hustle.

Right near Modesto, bout a half hour south of there.

Born and raised in an LA suburb tho, moved near Modesto around muddle school.

This place sucks. Sac ain't eem considered the nicer part of Cali and every damn thing you could wanna do is within an hour drive. Oregon has nothing. Bunch of hippies drinking micro brews in their "clubs" that are really just basements with peanut shells on the ground. #WeBeClubbin. :lol:

oh boy modesto..... if stockton didnt exist modesto would be the dump of all of california

Story of Lakers season.
2 steps forward. 3 steps back.
2 solid wins in a row? They will lose both games on the road.
Sucks when the Lakers gotta count on the outcome of other teams games to control their fate.

Mavericks by 5.
Nuggets by 13.
Back under .500 by 4 games again.

Kobe has a sore shoulder that's been bothering him a while. (I think its actually his elbow and he's using shoulder so opponents don't go at it ala Dwight).

When asked how he hurt it he replied simply ; "passing"

:lol: :pimp:

Nice solid win against a solid team. Lakers seem to be getting things together.

I liked what Dwight did tonight. Played like a professional.

Next couple of games will be a tough. Dallas, Denver, Minnesota, Atlanta and OKC. We'll see what this team is really made out during the upcoming stretch of games. Lakers need to win 3-2 of those games to keep things interesting.

Dwight's playing like 84 percent Dwight instead of 50 percent Dwight.
He's looked impressive these past 2 games.
More spring in his step and his timing is there for Blocks. That block on aldridge was MONSTER.

I believe we should have let him sit till December so he'd be fully recovered instead of having that 4 months of getting back into shape.

DO IT FOR DR. JERRY BUSS!

let Kobe back up that guarantee.

Will Week Of Mourning And Remembrance Bring Clarity For Howard?
HANG TIME SOUTHWEST – Dwight Howard is coming to Dallas.

That is, he’s coming with his Los Angeles Lakers teammates Sunday for a high noon (CT, ABC) showdown against the Mavericks, an important matchup for two franchises uncomfortable with being out of the playoff mix and determined to get in.

In Big D, sports radio has buzzed about Howard signing with the Mavs since the day his three-team wish list surfaced last year, with Dallas next to Brooklyn and the Lakers. With each dose of drama from L.A., hope floats that the game’s most dominant center will soon come to stay.

Local air-wave chatter with the Lakers coming has been off the charts. Brooklyn is virtually out of the picture and Howard’s L.A. story soured long ago, so, “Why not Dallas?” is the dialogue now. The morning talk guys are pleading for a Dwight love-in Sunday at the American Airlines Center. Because, really, that’s all that the playful Howard really wants, to be loved, right? To be part of a tight-knit family, to be cheered by loyal fans through thick and thin?

In a most unexpected way, the passing of the Lakers’ visionary patriarch, Dr. Jerry Buss, and the emotional proceedings this week might somehow pierce Howard’s hardening exterior and help clarify what lies ahead. During this sad week of mourning and remembering in L.A., perhaps a glint of inner-peace — or at least a clearer understanding of his time and place — will nestle into Howard’s too-often conflicted noggin.

Howard has likely never experienced the varying emotions that he has witnessed since the organization announced Monday that Buss lost his fight with cancer at age 80. That emotion erupted in every nook and cranny of the proud Lakers franchise that Howard has known for all of eight months. It touched the core of the Lakers’ vast fandom. It swelled throughout the city of Los Angeles.

During Thursday’s memorial service at Nokia Theater, Howard, 27, watched as Lakers greats Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant and the original Superman, Shaquille O’Neal (often critical of Howard), paid tribute to the man who created Showtime, the most glamorous and glorious enterprise the league has ever seen.

Magic asked all past and present Lakers players and coaches, about 50, to stand and be recognized. Earlier, Kobe appealed directly to his teammates.

“For our current Lakers,” Kobe said, “I encourage all of you to look around the room, look at the greatness of one man’s vision, look at the players that are here, coaches that are here; we have one thing in common, we all believe in Dr. Jerry Buss. We are playing for something bigger than ourselves, bigger than a single season, playing for the memory of a great man, Dr. Jerry Buss.”

It should have served as a humbling moment for Howard, a player boasting all the physical gifts to thrive but whose immaturity and indecision have damaged his reputation. It should have made his differences with Kobe — Howard’s polar-opposite, a hard-driving, unrelenting, five-time champion — seem infantile and insignificant.

The night before, Howard played his most inspired game of the season with 24 points and 12 rebounds to beat Boston in something rare this year, a Lakers’ rout. He said he had been thinking all day about getting the win for Dr. Buss. On Friday he played through pain and posted 19 points and 16 rebounds in a hard-fought home win over Portland. Before he tweaked his right shoulder, Howard had 15 and eight in the first half.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak this week heeded the advice of the local Dallas talk show hosts and showered the chiseled, 240-pound Howard with loving praise on national radio. Kupchak even said that Howard, who will become a free agent on July 1, should one day have a statue in front of Staples Center. He told Howard to trust him. Told him the future of the great Los Angeles Lakers belongs to him.

The Lakers have opened their arms to Howard. And all he’s had to do is watch and listen to understand what that means. The franchise is Howard’s — if he wants it.

As he repeated during All-Star weekend, he won’t be rushed: “This is my life, this is my career, it’s my legacy…”

All of that comes to Dallas on Sunday.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/...ing-and-remembrance-bring-clarity-for-howard/ (Video of Dwight's postgame yesterday)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom