Delete

Cannot believe we got those picks for Alex Smith.

I guess the news about the Cards/Browns interested in Smith worried the Chiefs.

But I'm all for Revis, and Im a fan of Whitner.

Thanks.  Sounds like I'll be out in the middle of nowhere, oh well.  I'll convince him to take a few days off from work so we can at least spend the bulk of my vacation out in San Francisco.  Good looking out.
Free lodging isn't worth Driving back and forth between Modesto and SF. Might as well Hotwire it and pay bottom dollar for good hotels. My suggestion would be the Santa Clara area. Get yourself a good look at the construction of the new stadium before it opens, and it's not too far from the stick.

I'm all for Revis but not if he is still tryna get that ridiculous contract. If that's the case I'd rather use the money to resign Dashon and use some of our many draft picks to move up and draft a good, young DB for a lot less money than Revis.

KC gave us a straight Gift.

As for Revis, it would be crazy to land him but the amount hes asking doesnt fit into our future budget. We cant even give Dashon 8-10 a season and Revis wants 16? If we can find a way to resign Goldson, I'd like to get more help for the pass rush.

Thinking about Revis vs. Sherman though, would add a new element to the 49ers Seagul rivalry :smokin

Improving the defensive line and pass rush is more important than getting Revis. The reason the dbs were "exposed" in the playoffs is because the 49ers had no push. T brown and C Culliver are good players. With Justin Smith and Ray McDonald having to play 90% of the snaps the entire freaking season they were exhausted not to mention JS was injured. Aldon Smith was also dealing with a shoulder injury and playing every snap was also wearing him down.

If the 49ers can use those picks to reinforce the line, being able to subsitute some good, young DTs would help out greatly. Hopefully Darius Flemming and Parys Harylson will provide depth next year at OLB.

Improve the pass rush=secondary will improve. They go hand in hand.

ps Donte Whitner is horrible in coverage. He needs to be replaced.

QFT, this cat knows.

Everyone was too quick to throw our CBs under the bus when it was the pass rush that couldnt get any pressure whatsoever on opposing QBs. Flacco and Ryan were sitting way too pretty. Doesnt really matter whos in coverage when the opposing QBs have all day. People undervalue Parys, but guy consistently gets pressure on QBs. Lack of his presence was definitely felt through the latter part of the season.

Pretty sure I voiced my displeasure with Whitner already. Hes a hard hitter but absolutely gets Killed in coverage. Carlos Rogers needs to go as well. That contract we gave him last offseason :x

Like I said in another thread, I am perfectly content with one year of Revis. As long as he doesnt hold out, I dont see the harm in sending multiple picks to the Jets.....even if we dont resign him past 2013.

To me, some of these picks we have are meaningless. 15 picks? Over half those players are gonna be PS players or cut all together anyways.

Everyone was too quick to throw our CBs under the bus when it was the pass rush that couldnt get any pressure whatsoever on opposing QBs. Flacco and Ryan were sitting way too pretty. Doesnt really matter whos in coverage when the opposing QBs have all day. People undervalue Parys, but guy consistently gets pressure on QBs. Lack of his presence was definitely felt through the latter part of the season.

Pretty sure I voiced my displeasure with Whitner already. Hes a hard hitter but absolutely gets Killed in coverage. Carlos Rogers needs to go as well. That contract we gave him last offseason :x

People are quick to throw our secondary under the bus, yes. But most of the hate goes to Culliver....and for me its the two that you mentioned that need to go. People are too down on Culliver. Dude is good. Very good. He will be even better in the future. He had a bad Superbowl. But like you said, there was no pass rush.

If our 2013 corners are Revis, Culliver and Brown...I would be thrilled.

Last edited:
If our corners are Revis, Culliver and Brown with Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks not having any competent substitutes coming to keep them fresh I guarantee our secondary will get burned again throughout the year.

What people don't understand is getting burned is part of the nature of being a db!! You are fighting a uphill battle. You're trying to stop a guy who's got all the leverage on you by running forward while you run backwards and you have no idea where hes going with the rules also limiting what you can do. The game and rules are designed for you to lose. You can have Deion, Rod woodson and Revis back there, but if you have no pass rush receivers get open eventually.

Justin Smith, our best player on the defense, aint getting any younger.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be the Santa Clara area. Get yourself a good look at the construction of the new stadium before it opens, and it's not too far from the stick.
Thanks for the suggestion champ, I think I will do that because I would rather be in or closer to San Fran and not out in the middle of nowhere. 
get him a bullet proof vest for a house warming gift
laugh.gif

and tell him never venture out to stockton lol
Is it that bad out there
laugh.gif
?? I've spoken to him a few times and he just tells me there not much or anything to do out there.  I'm waiting on the full schedule to be announced and I will determine which home game I will attend.

Fellas, video of Vernon Davis on First Take today.........................

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]307151808982298624[/MEDIA]"]

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said a source told him the 49ers are not inclined to pursue Darrelle Revis at this time. So there's that.

[/quote]

Where's the dude who has the front office insider knowledge? What does he have to say?

honestly, the way things were going last off season with Peyton I'm sure anything is possible...

d line and secondary. like everyone's said, our d line is too dependent on too few players, and whitner and rogers are liabilities. yeah dbs are in a position to lose, but those two were extra sorry in coverage. as of now the defensive bench goes about 2 or 3 players deep. part of that was the luxury of lack of injuries but that's not something you can count on every year

drafted the wrong jenkins last year, hopefully this year the 31 and 34 turn into contributors

A little too much risk in trading for Revis IMO. I'd love to trade a bunch of picks to move up and nab Milliner.

When they bring up VD's "hit list" :lol:

Oh, someone get Angela some water.

Last edited:
I absolutely want us to take a chance on him. We have enough picks to take the chance on him. Why not? If he doesnt work out, he doesnt work out. Cut him or PS him. No risk, high reward (when factoring in the amount of picks we have).

Last edited:
I absolutely want us to take a chance on him. We have enough picks to take the chance on him. Why not? If he doesnt work out, he doesnt work out. Cut him or PS him. No risk, high reward (when factoring in the amount of picks we have).

Couldn't agree more, not to mention it's a position we need some help at. Personally I like that Matt Elam kid from Florida also

how you would guys feel if we took a chance on honey badger? 
I wouldn't mind.  I believe he had a good workout so he appears to still be in good football shape.  Either him or that CB from Alabama but we would obviously have to trade up to get him. 

Like I said in another thread, I am perfectly content with one year of Revis. As long as he doesnt hold out, I dont see the harm in sending multiple picks to the Jets.....even if we dont resign him past 2013.

To me, some of these picks we have are meaningless. 15 picks? Over half those players are gonna be PS players or cut all together anyways.

Revis can play that Deion role in '94. :nerd:

Here's a thought, if we can't get Revis why don't we make a run at Nnamdi. I mean the Eagles misused him and now they're asking for a pay cut. I'd take him over Revis any day!

Back
Top Bottom