Delivery Driver Cries After Being Tipped $1 For Hour Delivery

The TikToker goes on to claim that in addition to his $1 tip, he made $2 from the delivery app. As he puts it, that’s not even enough to cover gas.

In a situation like this, who do we blame? The company not laying their workers a decent wage or the brokeys not tipping?

People are poor tippers but company should also do better for the drivers.

Sidenote, how does he know how much he made from that delivery? I thought the apps consolidated the tips and paid it out at later date.

Unrelated but I want to open a drive up food kitchen. Tired of these $12 meal becoming $27 by the time i’m through with taxes, tips, fees, etc.

Want to open a small shop kitchen with an all in cost for $10 a meal (pick up, no delivery options). it still shocks me i can’t easily find this as an option with the closest being going to like Whole Foods or something.

DoorDash kitchen is the closest to this but that’s still in the $13 to $18 range usually.

Unrelated but I want to open a drive up food kitchen. Tired of these $12 meal becoming $27 by the time i’m through with taxes, tips, fees, etc.

Want to open a small shop kitchen with an all in cost for $10 a meal (pick up, no delivery options). it still shocks me i can’t easily find this as an option with the closest being going to like Whole Foods or something.

DoorDash kitchen is the closest to this but that’s still in the $13 to $18 range usually.

So Drive-Thru?

Tired of these $12 meal becoming $27 by the time i’m through with taxes, tips, fees, etc.
This, but why am I paying all this if the drivers aren't being fairly compensated? Had an uber driver the other day that was only close by because he just quit the amazon grocery delivery, said it's not worth it.

The apps for sure, but theres also a lot of cheap customers.

When i make deliveries i dont accept a lot of trips because the fare is low and the trip is too long for that fare. I also decline mcdonalds orders.
Why decline Mcdonald orders?

Why decline Mcdonald orders?
Because they call the drivers before the orders are ready. Waste of time waiting for an order thatll probably make you like $4, 5tops. Plus most customers ordering mcdonalds, or fast food in general, dont tip well in my experience. Same amount of time i spent waiting, then making that delivery i couldve got 2 others that were a bigger fare and possibly better tips. Especially if im in a surge area.

This is 100% on UberEats and the driver. You can't expect to run a business on a model that doesn't pay employees.

The idea of tipping before your food even gets delivered never made any sense.

This is my biggest gripe. If you're gonna force me to tip before the service is even rendered, you're getting $2 lol. For Uber Eats/Door Dash, if you can get it to me reasonably fast and still hot, I'd have zero problem tipping a good amount if I was allowed to tip on actual service and not what I hope it'll be.

not saying this is right but dont they see what the tip/pay of an order is before they accept it?

I was looking into uber cause I was curious about how are they still operating considering that they keep saying it's not profitable and saw that after expenses, the company makes only $0.19 per transaction. Now, while I feel sorry for the drivers and I personally tip based on how quickly they deliver my food, Uber eats and these other food delivering platforms seem to be a freelance type gig. It's not meant to provide you with a consistent sustainable income. Some days are gonna be good and some are going to be bad. It seems that if you're a driver and work in one of the major cities, it seems you'll do better than someone who's working out of the boonies. And even then, you may still struggle.

Back
Top Bottom