*| | Denim _ School | |*

I usually wear abercrombie and fitch slim boot cut jeans but i want to get something a bit more premium but same cut preferably..Any suggestions? thanks in advance

The New Real Japan Blues 105BSP JeanHailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from western shirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.The new version of the 105BSP jean is a straight leg jean with a medium rise and a button fly. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed. We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is a gap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans that make you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, leg silhouettes, tags, and knife pocket. The denim on these is a denim developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe. Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.The Real Japan Blues 105BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information:http://www.selfedge.com/s...h=76&products_id=394The New Real Japan Blues 105BSPRJB Jeans.Worn for 15 Months.

Self Edge Denim Repair & DarningWe now offer a full range of repair services for all your denim jeans, jackets, and shirts.We're capable of almost anything you can imagine including putting on new buttons which have come off, replacing zippers, repairing any holes, fixing torn pocket bags, reinforcing leather tags, re-chainstitching broken hem lines, and even installing real iron riveted suspender buttons.These services are available at both SESF and SENY.At Self Edge San Francisco we have acquired a 1950's Singer Darning machine and are now capable of repairing all holes in your jeans without the use of patches. This is how jeans were repaired from the turn of the century up until the 1960's. The machine has two threads, both indigo colored (or black/gray for black denim), and essentially creates denim where there is no denim and weaves it into the edges of the torn fabric, it's like magic and far more comfortable and cleaner looking than patching; this was the way all industrial tailors repaired jeans years ago.Repair terms & pricing:All garments must be brought into either SESF or SENY, we are currently not accepting mail-ins.The cost for repairs is a flat $40 regardless of what needs to be done to the garment and $20 if the item was bought from Self Edge.We will only work on clean garments, if you haven't washed your jeans or jacket in a while a good time to do it would be before dropping them off for repairs.All work takes between 2 and 6 days depending on our current load.The magical Singer Darning Machine (c. 1955)
IMG_0004.JPG
Repaired hole in 21oz denim (Warp)
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
Repaired hole in 21oz denim (Weft)
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

Just copped 4-5 pairs of Levis.

501's 511's and 505's

Should I wash em before I roc em to keep them crispy or what?

Help me step my denim game up NT.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Just copped 4-5 pairs of Levis.

501's 511's and 505's

Should I wash em before I roc em to keep them crispy or what?

Help me step my denim game up NT.
pimp.gif

Levi's arent exactly stepping up. Id say thats its the perfect start.

Just wear em. Nothing fancy.

3sixteen Denim Collection Restock & AdditionsWe've received a full restock of 3sixteen's denim collection along with a new model, the ST-200x, which is a slim cut made of black selvedge denim from Japan's famous Nihon Menpu mill. We launched 3sixteen's denim collection a year ago at Self Edge thinking it was a good compliment to our list of brands, we're pleased to see that our clients reacted well to this line and have requested more models and more types of fabrics to be used. The line is growing slowly and we're helping the brand improve with every run, the progress is astounding and it's great to see a line put this much passion into their product. The straight leg model (SL) comes in an indigo selvedge and black selvedge, both fabrics from Japan. The slim leg model (ST) comes in a indigo selvedge from Japan, a black coated denim from Cone Mills, and starting this week also comes in black selvedge from Nihon Menpu. This will be the last run of the coated version as the mill is out of the fabric which was only made in a small quantity. The Straight leg models are now available up to size 38.All these models, including a restock of the leather tan and black bracelets, are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. PLUS, coming soon.http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=823sixteen SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge3sixteen SL-200x - Straight Leg Black Selvedge3sixteen ST-100x - Slim Indigo Selvedge3sixteen ST-200x - Slim Black Selvedge3sixteen ST-210 - Slim Black Coated

bringing the thread back, i have some questions.
i have a pair of dry bones, i probably have like 5 months of wear on them and theyre very slightly on the large side. if i soak them again, will they shrink more? how does it affect fading (theyre fading pretty slowly too)?
and I might be getting a pair of Samurai 710s; I have a 32 in the dry bones. What size would work? I want a slim fit.. And any other denim similar to 710s in the price range?

thanks

Originally Posted by il prescelto

bringing the thread back, i have some questions.
i have a pair of dry bones, i probably have like 5 months of wear on them and theyre very slightly on the large side. if i soak them again, will they shrink more? how does it affect fading (theyre fading pretty slowly too)?
and I might be getting a pair of Samurai 710s; I have a 32 in the dry bones. What size would work? I want a slim fit.. And any other denim similar to 710s in the price range?

thanks
you can do a warm soak, but considering you started with an initial soak, the shrink would not be as substantial but it should shrink a bit, you'll lose a bit of indigo from the soak but nothing as substantial as the initial soak either, you just gotta keep rockin em if you want them to look right...patience!
pimp.gif
which i dont have either, my imperial dukes are chuggin along slowly
ohwell.gif

wish i could help you with the samurais, but i dont have any experience with em

shook- don't post your ebay auctions in here, this thread has been going strong for about a year if im not mistaken and we dont need it getting locked, please and thank you.

--edit-- almost 2.5 years
eek.gif
wow.

yeah did a soak, they got a bit tighter.
im choosing between samurai 710s, iron heart slim 21 oz, and pure blue japan 0013s.. not sure haha

How do I wash my selvage demin? It's earnest sewn jeans, the dye sticks like crazy, talking about noo fading after a year of wear.

How do I wash this pair of jeans?

Iron Heart Spring Collection - Shirts, Jackets, & JeansA long awaited shipment full of many new Iron Heart pieces just rumbled into the store. We've got a great selection of Cordura Jackets, heavy selvedge chambray shirts in three colors, hickory stripe shirts, Super Black Rider's Jackets, and Super Black Button Down shirts.We've also received a full restock of the Iron Heart 301s slim jeans and our last restock of the SEXIH07 jean.Along with those we received all the Iron Heart classics such as all the belts, wallets, and jeans.All these items are now available at SESF, SENY, and also in our online store. Most of these items are only made in one run as Iron Heart's production is quite low and made to order. Check the online store for more information, specs, measurements, and hi-res photos.http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71Iron Heart Cordura Jackets (Black & Gray)Iron Heart Hickory Stripe ShirtIron Heart 22oz Super Black Denim Rider's JacketSelf Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07Iron Heart 16oz Super Black Denim Shirt
01.jpg
Iron Heart Super Heavy Selvedge Chambray ShirtsIron Heart 301s Slim Selvedge JeanIron Heart Sonny's VestIron Heart Dark Rider Workwear Flannel

Originally Posted by kiyab

Iron Heart Spring Collection - Shirts, Jackets, & JeansA long awaited shipment full of many new Iron Heart pieces just rumbled into the store. We've got a great selection of Cordura Jackets, heavy selvedge chambray shirts in three colors, hickory stripe shirts, Super Black Rider's Jackets, and Super Black Button Down shirts.We've also received a full restock of the Iron Heart 301s slim jeans and our last restock of the SEXIH07 jean.Along with those we received all the Iron Heart classics such as all the belts, wallets, and jeans.All these items are now available at SESF, SENY, and also in our online store. Most of these items are only made in one run as Iron Heart's production is quite low and made to order. Check the online store for more information, specs, measurements, and hi-res photos.http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have a pair of true religions that are a little too big...How would i shrink it without ruining the stitching?

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

anybody got some good websites where i can get some good selvedge denim jeans?
thanks in advance.
The Gap is good and the price isn't so bad too.

Originally Posted by hieu23

I have a pair of true religions that are a little too big...How would i shrink it without ruining the stitching?

Donate them to charity, walk to your local TR store and purchase a new slimmer pair. 

Back
Top Bottom