*| | Denim _ School | |*

Even for regular jeans, I soak them in a bath tub and let them air dry
:nerd: i been seeking this bit of info as well. was wondering about my non-raws. i remember way back in hs when my moms would get a hold of my denim and just wash em. they're not the same afterwards :lol: it hurts; i can't even wear em. But i have some denim that has that raw look but not exactly raw and i been wanting to wash em just didnt know how to go about doing so.

i posted a pair of apcs awhile back in this thread where the selvedge line was mutilated...RIP but i want to wear them again :lol: the problem here is the fact that i have lost a substantial amount of weight. I can't really have it tailored anymore apparently because the tailor say its too hard of a job. anything that can be done about this? my thigh area is real loose it kinda looks weird but i've already had it tapered. i'll get some pics up.

how would i go about washing these without messing up the denim??(non raws)

what should i do about my apcs??
may not look bad to you guys but it irks me. the leg is tapered in pretty slim but the thigh area is still pretty loose. these are petit standars btw :smh: i lost weight since getting them.

lastly, i got a pretty dominant wallet fade although I no longer have that wallet, srs question, what do i do about this? :lol: just put a new wallet in place? would it cause a new type of fade and will make it look weird? sorry about the many consecutive posts :lol:.

Last edited:
you might be better off selling those jeans and getting a new pair. The cost of alterations is gonna cost you.

You didn't get anything because they looked basically new before you even washed them

Lol homie just wasted a pair

Not at all man. He can still get good fades out of those. If anything the wash tightened them up so it will be tighter on him, which will help with fades.

Even for regular jeans, I soak them in a bath tub and let them air dry
:nerd: i been seeking this bit of info as well. was wondering about my non-raws. i remember way back in hs when my moms would get a hold of my denim and just wash em. they're not the same afterwards :lol: it hurts; i can't even wear em. But i have some denim that has that raw look but not exactly raw and i been wanting to wash em just didnt know how to go about doing so.

I wash all of my denim in the bath tub and let them hang dry in the sun. Believe it or not, you can still get fades and whiskers/honeycombs and what not from non dry denim if you know how to take care of them. Well, I should say that I've gotten effects like this with Levi's and RRL denim.

have a pair of APC's, is there another nice pair similar to them that has a wider taper? Also have a pair of PRPS

Not at all man. He can still get good fades out of those. If anything the wash tightened them up so it will be tighter on him, which will help with fades.
I wash all of my denim in the bath tub and let them hang dry in the sun. Believe it or not, you can still get fades and whiskers/honeycombs and what not from non dry denim if you know how to take care of them. Well, I should say that I've gotten effects like this with Levi's and RRL denim.
i was thinking that it should be possible to do that with certain types of non raws too. I'll def will see how they come out after washing. do you hang dry yours in side out? and wait several months before wash?

Maybe just turn them into a pair of shorts. It's almost spring anyway.
i turned my unbrandeds from Urban Outfitters into shorts already :lol:. I might still wear them...I'll get clearer pics up of how they look right now. only problem is the wider thigh areas.

how much to size down? looking at reviews ive seen anywhere from 1-2 sizes, that correct? im a 34 in jcrew urban slims (the style i currently wear).

how much to size down? looking at reviews ive seen anywhere from 1-2 sizes, that correct? im a 34 in jcrew urban slims (the style i currently wear).

Don't size down on Unbrandeds. Go true to size on tapered and true to size or +1 on skinnies

i was thinking that it should be possible to do that with certain types of non raws too. I'll def will see how they come out after washing. do you hang dry yours in side out? and wait several months before wash?

I don't hang mine inside out, not really necessary. I do wait months before every wash. Will post some examples tomorrow if I get some time...

I bought a size 33 Unbranded Tapered's and I couldn't even get them past my butt so I returned them. I sized up to a 34 and they fit fine, but they're also very tight. Unbrandeds don't stretch much at all so don't size down

speaking of unbranded, are they worth it for an entry level selvedge denim? 

ehh, my only problem with them is they dont really stretch at all. My normal size is a 34, but the crotch had no give at all after a few months. Finally decided to sell them

ehh, my only problem with them is they dont really stretch at all. My normal size is a 34, but the crotch had no give at all after a few months. Finally decided to sell them

co sign on this. Crotch on mine is extremely tight. It actually hurts me sometimes :lol:

I don't wear them anymore because I found them unwearable. It's better to just save and get APCs

Yep don't down size at all on unbranded I gotten a 34 in the skinny and couldn't button last two buttons .

co sign on this. Crotch on mine is extremely tight. It actually hurts me sometimes :lol:

I don't wear them anymore because I found them unwearable. It's better to just save and get APCs

yup. I mean, Ive worn tight jeans but man, I wore my ub201's to school 1 days and my balls were goin numb. took em off and never touched them again.

i literally have to sag so i can "comfortably" wear the ub jeans.

and any step higher than 2 feet requires you to jump. still get compliments on them all the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom