*| | Denim _ School | |*

Sold a pair of Ramblers from 2009 for $425; I'm about to drop $525 on some PRPs Japan's

Its pricey but I love PRPs and it's almost impossible to find them now with their low end line everywhere

They redid their Barracuda cut and now they are selvedge which looks much better
http://www.prpsjeans.com/shop/PRPS-Goods-Co/Barracuda-Foidel-Creek/P204
^ Nice.I have been looking for a nice pair of Selvedge light wash blue jeans for a while. Is the fit of the new Barrucudas the same as previous years. The last pair I bought were a white pair off E-bay in a 34 waist and I felt I should of sized down 1 instead. Pretty much all my slim fit RRl are 33 waist.

^ Nice.I have been looking for a nice pair of Selvedge light wash blue jeans for a while. Is the fit of the new Barrucudas the same as previous years. The last pair I bought were a white pair off E-bay in a 34 waist and I felt I should of sized down 1 instead. Pretty much all my slim fit RRl are 33 waist.
heard that as well. Been looking for some light wash selvedge as I only have darks in rotation. Not the easiest to find but those Barracudas are nice

Side note: Has anyone seen the Levis Chinos with the 3M strip, anyone got a name for them?

Last edited:
Do any of you guys know any good brands that carry waxed denim? :nerd: I've been interested in getting a pair for awhile now

From what I understand the Barracuda and Rambler have both been slimmed down a bit

I've tried the new Ramblers and they are like skin tight compared to the old cut of a Ramblers; they fit more like a skinny-slim where the old cut was a slim-straight

Last edited:

I ironed them real good inside out. They look better now. Still not as good as they were though smh

You can definitely still wear them but whatever creases and wrinkles are there now are set

Won't the creases and wrinkles fall out over time?

I had pair of APC's mistakenly get ran through the dryer once before also. I thought they were doomed, but after a month or two of consistent wear the wrinkles fell out. The overall look and texture had diminished but at least the waist stretched back and the creases went away. Might be brand/material related how that works though.

I'd say just keep wearing them and hope for the best...

heard that as well. Been looking for some light wash selvedge as I only have darks in rotation. Not the easiest to find but those Barracudas are nice

Side note: Has anyone seen the Levis Chinos with the 3M strip, anyone got a name for them?
The Levis Chinos with the 3M strip are part of the Commuter stuff for. Its supposed to be for Cyclist. You can find the Commuter stuff on Levi.com

:x dropped a lil bit of toothpaste on my jeans when I was brushing my teeth, is there anyway to get it off without washing the jeans?

:x dropped a lil bit of toothpaste on my jeans when I was brushing my teeth, is there anyway to get it off without washing the jeans?

Raw denim? I dropped hot sauce on mine and just took a wet paper towel and held it over the spot for a minute to pull out as much of the stain as possible

adds to the overall effect of wearing raw denim IMO

sick.gif
dropped a lil bit of toothpaste on my jeans when I was brushing my teeth, is there anyway to get it off without washing the jeans?
Raw denim? I dropped hot sauce on mine and just took a wet paper towel and held it over the spot for a minute to pull out as much of the stain as possible

adds to the overall effect of wearing raw denim IMO
repped. this worked thanks

My girlfriend is an idiot and put my APCs through the wash and dryer last night. There was a belt on them too which is also ruined SMH.

I've had them for two years and have only hand washed them once this summer.

Now they look like this...

I welcome fading but there are these lines and wrinkles all over them now especially at the bottom.

Anything I can do to get the wrinkles out? Iron them a little? Just keep wearing them? I'm so bummed out right now :frown:  

damn son

Those look awful :x

Lol an ex washed some denim I had and they turned out like that too. I donated to good will. Smh.

Naked & Famous is the only brand that comes to mind right now. But i'm not even 100%
Thanks gonna look them up but if anyone else knows of any brands that good with waxed denim? What other brands you guys wear that are good quality denim? I've been looking at a few brands for a while

For my man asking about the APC PNS...

I sized down 1 and they fit perfectly, they're not boxy at all if you size them correctly. Worn them about 3 times so far and they are already my favorite pair of denim.

I'll take some pics if I remember/if I have time

My girlfriend is an idiot and put my APCs through the wash and dryer last night. There was a belt on them too which is also ruined SMH.

I've had them for two years and have only hand washed them once this summer.

Now they look like this...

I welcome fading but there are these lines and wrinkles all over them now especially at the bottom.

Anything I can do to get the wrinkles out? Iron them a little? Just keep wearing them? I'm so bummed out right now :frown:  

damn son

Those look awful :x
:x :x :x
Break up with her immediately :smh:

For my man asking about the APC PNS...

I sized down 1 and they fit perfectly, they're not boxy at all if you size them correctly. Worn them about 3 times so far and they are already my favorite pair of denim.

I'll take some pics if I remember/if I have time
Also am a very happy owner of the PNS. I sized down 1 as well and they fit perfect now. Favorite pair of jeans I own, and possibly favorite pair of clothing I own. 

Back
Top Bottom