*| | Denim _ School | |*

Well guys I finally got around to washing my APC New cures, I've been wearing them for (I wanna say almost 3 years) but over 2 for sure. 0 washes
I went with the bathtub process, used woolite dark let them soak for about an hour, then scrubbed them to try and get the dirt out, rinsed them and hung them to dry overnight

Pics for the beast
Before

Dried them overnight since the weathers been cool it took forever! :smh:

After

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm thinking of wearing them hard (pause) for a while again and re doing the process. :smile:

after wearing them constantly for the past few days, I have to say that the Rogue Territory skinny black tonal denim really are excellent in all regards. If you are on the fence, I would encourage you to take the plunge.   IMO one superior pair, with regard to fit and finish, is worth a dozen that are just OK.

Last edited:
Nudies only fit I would mess with is thinn Finn, size up if you not slim enough for them. Slim jim have that bootcut feel to them

Last edited:
someone school me on raw denim, I just bought some indigo raw denim (idk what that means) and I am waiting for them to come in the mail. they aren't slim fit but tapered fit. I don't know what any of this stuff means...

someone school me on raw denim, I just bought some indigo raw denim (idk what that means) and I am waiting for them to come in the mail. they aren't slim fit but tapered fit. I don't know what any of this stuff means...
so whyd you buy?

Wudup fam

Can I get some advice for a guy that knows absolutely nothing about Raw Denim. I was just given a pair of APC New Cure jeans and I honestly have no idea what to do with them.

1. I don't usually rock skinny jeans, but the waist on these is perfect and the width of the legs actually seems fine. However, the length is ridiculous (I'm not tall). Should I get these hemmed to a normal fit before I do anything?

2. What's the deal on washing these? I know it's not often at all, but do I need to soak or wash them once at first? Are these joints gonna stain my shoes and couch hahah?

3. I'm guessing the only way these get any softer is by me wearing them 5 million times?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Wudup fam

Can I get some advice for a guy that knows absolutely nothing about Raw Denim. I was just given a pair of APC New Cure jeans and I honestly have no idea what to do with them.

1. I don't usually rock skinny jeans, but the waist on these is perfect and the width of the legs actually seems fine. However, the length is ridiculous (I'm not tall). Should I get these hemmed to a normal fit before I do anything?

2. What's the deal on washing these? I know it's not often at all, but do I need to soak or wash them once at first? Are these joints gonna stain my shoes and couch hahah?

3. I'm guessing the only way these get any softer is by me wearing them 5 million times?

Thanks for the info in advance.
1. if the waist fits already, heads up they're going to stretch.
you can hem em, or just roll them up. i usually just roll them.

2. i wouldnt wash them yet, but you can soak them to release some loose dye. hot water will shrink them, and loosen up too much dye. id suggest a cool to warm soak.

3. i think they're around 14.5 oz or something, no worries they'll break in with some wear. it shouldnt take that long.

I recently picked up some APC Petit New Standard's and I'm in a bit of a quandary. I did my research before buying them, and the general consensus was to size down at least one, or in most cases, 2 sizes. I'm a size 31. I went with size 30 and felt like I still had some room to go in the waist area. They were tight, but not so uncomfortable, which lead me believe that they would stretch more than I would like them to. Went back and returned them for a 29. MAN, these things are almost cutting off the circulation down there. I like the fit everywhere else except the in the waist. It makes walking really awkward.

My question to you guys is, did I size down too many sizes? Will the 29's break in? Or should I go back and go the 30's?

Or... Should I scrap APC all together, and go for some Naked and Famous? How do the two brands compare?

I should add that I prefer my jeans to fit snug.

Appreciate the input...

Last edited:
Don't listen to the people who tell you to size down that much unless you're anorexic. Go true to size or one size down if you're skinny. They don't stretch that much; I've worn mine for a month and the waist has only stretched by an inch at most, and the legs haven't stretched much at all. I normally wear 32 in Levis 511 and went with 32 in the PNS

Last edited:
How was the smell in 3 years? Did you try and treat it with Fabreeze and what not? I swear I got some jeans that smell after less than 1.

Don't listen to the people who tell you to size down that much unless you're anorexic. Go true to size or one size down if you're skinny. They don't stretch that much; I've worn mine for a month and the waist has only stretched by an inch at most, and the legs haven't stretched much at all
My size 28 Petit Standard measures a 31.5 waist now.. Barely noticed because I wear a belt but that's about as drastic as the stretching was for me. Had to reup and get a 29 becuase the thighs hurt. 

My size 28 Petit Standard measures a 31.5 waist now.. Barely noticed because I wear a belt but that's about as drastic as the stretching was for me. Had to reup and get a 29 becuase the thighs hurt. 

Exactly, people keep saying "the waist stretches" but don't talk about the legs,@#$ ,and crotch barely stretching, which is far more important for a comfortable fit. I went TTS and couldn't be happier

Last edited:
I recently picked up some APC Petit New Standard's and I'm in a bit of a quandary. I did my research before buying them, and the general consensus was to size down at least one, or in most cases, 2 sizes. I'm a size 31. I went with size 30 and felt like I still had some room to go in the waist area. They were tight, but not so uncomfortable, which lead me believe that they would stretch more than I would like them to. Went back and returned them for a 29. MAN, these things are almost cutting off the circulation down there. I like the fit everywhere else except the in the waist. It makes walking really awkward.

My question to you guys is, did I size down too many sizes? Will the 29's break in? Or should I go back and go the 30's?

Or... Should I scrap APC all together, and go for some Naked and Famous? How do the two brands compare?

I should add that I prefer my jeans to fit snug.

Appreciate the input...
It depends on your body type really. I'm 5'7" and I bought a pair of size 30's when my waist size is really 32. Needless to say they were super tight and after a few wears and eventually they stretched out. I have larger thighs than most people and they got really tight after I did a cold wash after a year of wear. Sizing down 2 for me worked before I washed them. I think it just depends on the person

I'm 5'8 160. Technically I sized up; my waist size is 30, and I always wear 32 for jeans. I have a really narrow waist but have big thighs and glutes for my size.

I think this is the best way to put it, I posted it a few pages back as well:

Scrawny? Size down 2
Slim? Size down 1
Big @#$ and thighs with skinny calves? True to size (like I did)
Swole/fat? go with a different fit cause the PNS won't look good on you

After stretching, this is more or less what my pair fits like on me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom