*| | Denim _ School | |*

I finally invested in my first pair of Raw Denims from Naked and Famous.  I was just wondering I got the super skinny but its a little tight around my waist.  Will there be any stretching? Also do people iron their raws?  Going to start wearing them tomorrow.

they typically stretch an inch or two.. 

ive never ironed my jeans personally... nor do I think I would ever 

just got these today and popped the tags on these immediately.. 

deep indigo selvedge  - Naked and Famous Weird Guy

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of unbranded taper jeans. I got a 34 waist. They fit perfect in the waist and the thigh area. The bottoms aren't tapered enough to my liking.

Would the unbranded skinnies fit the fame in the waist and thigh and just be more tapered/skinny at the bottom? If so would I get the same size?

Last edited:
^^ its been awhile but the fit on my tapered and skinnies was nearly identical, the inseam was just much longer on the skinnies. Hope tht helps.

Finally ordered my pair of Iron Hearts 
pimp.gif

Always wanted a pair but was never able to find a slim/tapered pair.... until now.

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/iron-heart/ih-555-01-slim-selvedge-jean.html

IH puts something on their 21 oz denim to slow down the fading process so you'll have to actually really wear them to get sick fades or it'll take you a long time
Darn! I already find my APC's hard to fade. lol.

Thanks for the feedback on the stretching.  Also, is it necessary for me to presoak them?  I'm not sure if I bought sanfordized or unsanfordized denim.  I got the indigo selvedge and arctic selvedge denims.  I put one of those mini lighters in my coin pocket hope the fade for that will come out dope in future.

anyone have measurements on the slim pbj joints? Just need to know how to size on the waist and whats the measurement on the leg opening.

Has anyone gotten naked and famous denim from gilt? Why do the stock photos look like there is no Selvedge pocket detail on them? Aren't all n&f denim Selvedge?

Has anyone gotten naked and famous denim from gilt? Why do the stock photos look like there is no Selvedge pocket detail on them? Aren't all n&f denim Selvedge?
Gilt is pretty poor at describing the specific pair of pants you are purchasing, I would be careful. They will reference three different fits on the same pant!

eg: Regular Slim Fit Weird Guy Selvedge.

Gilt is horrible at this. It takes plenty of trail and error (trust me I know all too well). When you find something that works it's great but when you strike out you have to send them back and hope they have your size left or they will refund you for real and it give you store credit (which they do for all of their reduced stuff).

I ordered a pair of unbranded taper jeans. I got a 34 waist. They fit perfect in the waist and the thigh area. The bottoms aren't tapered enough to my liking.

Would the unbranded skinnies fit the fame in the waist and thigh and just be more tapered/skinny at the bottom? If so would I get the same size?

I got the skinnys in my true to size but they were small, I really had to force the buttons on. I returned them and ordered tts tapered, hope they will fit without being forced to button up

N&F makes separate raws for gilt that are not necessarily selvedge but are raw or so I have heard.  Some might be the standard N&F denim though.

Thanks for the feedback on the stretching.  Also, is it necessary for me to presoak them?  I'm not sure if I bought sanfordized or unsanfordized denim.  I got the indigo selvedge and arctic selvedge denims.  I put one of those mini lighters in my coin pocket hope the fade for that will come out dope in future.
Nope, N&F are usually sanforized unless otherwise stated.

Back
Top Bottom