*| | Denim _ School | |*

Not better fades but it could probably help loosen up the dye within the jeans and speed up the process of what youre trying to achieve.

So I have some N&F that I had for like 3 years now worn them prolly more than 200 times and worked in them heavy unloading trucks and stuff. And they still look brand dam new.

I know as soon as I wash them they will change, but I don't want them to shrink. Anyway to avoid that shrinkage? When i bought them the tailor hemmed em up too short to cuff. I don't want them to shrink :frown:

Last edited:
So I have some N&F that I had for like 3 years now worn them prolly more than 200 times and worked in them heavy unloading trucks and stuff. And they still look brand dam new.

I know as soon as I wash them they will change, but I don't want them to shrink. Anyway to avoid that shrinkage? When i bought them the tailor hemmed em up too short to cuff. I don't want them to shrink
frown.gif
I dont think that the length will shrink. But the wast will. It all depends on how much they stretched before you wash them. I had some unbranded denim and I bought them two sizes too small wore them 6 months straight everyday to work when i washed them i couldnt even button them. 

Last edited:
Why and for what reasons? and anybody got recommendations for guys with muscular thighs what kind of denim is good?

I know as soon as I wash them they will change, but I don't want them to shrink. Anyway to avoid that shrinkage? When i bought them the tailor hemmed em up too short to cuff. I don't want them to shrink
frown.gif
Instead of a full wash, soak them in your bathtub in cold water.  You can put some detergent in there, and scrub them... but don't use hot water at all (that will cause the shrinkage). 

You can also put something in the waistband, to keep it the same size as it is now.  I've seen people use a piece of wood, like a wooden stake, that fits perfectly to their current waist size.  I can't find the pic, but it was along the same idea as this but with just a piece of wood (or anything else that won't change shape getting wet): 

Anyone know a brand of jeans with blowout type knees (FoG) that doesnt break the bank?

Its not gonna be quality denim but thats not what im into nowadays, Favela has some nice looking ones but id rather try em on first than anything. I got a pair from Zara that doesnt look too bad.
Look up mintcrew on IG

acnearchive is up for the next 42 hours.

Picked these Max jeans for $80 shipped.
All the good stuff went quick. I wonder if they'll update and add more throughout the 2 days. Grabbed these ace for $70 though, never owned acne before hopefully they're everything I've been hearing

All the good stuff went quick. I wonder if they'll update and add more throughout the 2 days. Grabbed these ace for $70 though, never owned acne before hopefully they're everything I've been hearing

For my wallets sake I hope not. :lol:

Wonder if they had black jeans in Max. Those are my fave acne jeans and black jeans ever.

For my wallets sake I hope not. :lol:

Wonder if they had black jeans in Max. Those are my fave acne jeans and black jeans ever.
lol, me too but I can't pass on a good sale. Only black I saw are ace and they were the faded ones. Wanted black ones but not washed already have too many that look the same.

tailoring denim before a wash/soak is risky business. I've done it though :lol:

best of luck. most of the shrinkage should be in the waist, but the rest will probably stink a bit. just wash with cold water to help minimize the shrinkage

It helps if you do cold or lukewarm water and the shrinking doesn't happen as much but the fade isn't as much as well. But a couple of soaks in lukewarm water will help in the fading as well.

What do you guys recommend looking into for black, dark denim?

I've been a fan of Levi's Made & Crafted Shuttle fit, but couldn't seem to find anything material wise that felt good and age well with use.

Any recommendations would be great? I was thinking a pair from Naked & Famous..

Back
Top Bottom