*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by stevolatti

If i take my black levis to the dry cleaner should it get as stiff as my blue ones once were?

no. not unless they starch it for you.

thanks. i stopped them though since i just broke out some flatheads for 2008
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by megachamploo

thanks. i stopped them though since i just broke out some flatheads for 2008
pimp.gif

I was so tempted to buy some flatheads, the fit was so nice, but too similar to my nudies, so i went for 47501s instead
pimp.gif

Seeing this post makes me want to get back into wearing raw denim - haven't bought a pair in over a year now.

sup yamakazi18, see you been schoolin cats, great job. I was here in the beginning but been mia because ive been partying and shoppong for new years, emphasison partying. when i get gome tonight ill post my rescues with 4months of partime wear and ill post the black new standards i just picked up. keep it homies

3 months false black, actually worse now. these are from 112507

these are the before pics

ill post my new standards in a bit. i shoulda sized to 30, but was 31, and they sag a bit. they are 1yr old, but worn 7days a week for about 10 months, andthen rotated with teh falses.

Originally Posted by rawrblackcat

andrewisdope ^? Nice work on those New Standards
pimp.gif

what's up what's up?
who's this? im making an effort to post here more.
Originally Posted by H4ppyTime Harry

I was so tempted to buy some flatheads, the fit was so nice, but too similar to my nudies, so i went for 47501s instead
pimp.gif

word? that's cool. how much those run now? $175?

i know its a matter of taste...but black denim or blue denim? i don't have any black denim, and im not sure if it'll match as well with my attire...butall my other jeans are blue denim, then again you can never go wrong with blue denim

so what should i go with in terms of my first pair of raw denim?

I've got about 15 pairs of jeans so no need to wash them, I'm clean when I throw them on and they're good to be worn again in about 3 weeks to amonth

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

i know its a matter of taste...but black denim or blue denim? i don't have any black denim, and im not sure if it'll match as well with my attire...but all my other jeans are blue denim, then again you can never go wrong with blue denim

it's really a matter of preference but i would go with blue if i were in your shoes because it's more common. that being to case it will be easierto get answers to any questions or problems that might arise

i know its a matter of taste...but black denim or blue denim? i don't have any black denim, and im not sure if it'll match as well with my attire...but all my other jeans are blue denim, then again you can never go wrong with blue denim

there are many different shades of blue, and black is just that - black. there are no shades of black, or else it'd be called gray. so i'd reallystick with just 1 nice black pair, and everything else in blue. also, there are different shades of indigo-blue, bordering on black. then you have to considersheen, and whether or not you want slubbiness to your denim, etc. lots of options for you to play around with. best thing is to go try on some jeans, or pokearound and see some photographs of jeans you like, and start with those.

Heres a OD of pics of my nudies. I prolly have about 60-70 pics of them
embarassed.gif

from this
3zgvk1yio1.jpg

4e04iv7rk8.jpg

to this
dsc01163aj6au0.jpg

dsc01164is3ui6.jpg

after the fix
dsc01167kd0.jpg

dsc01168px4.jpg

dsc01169ou5.jpg

and now this
0051024x768ae6.jpg

0031024x768qf1.jpg

0011024x768db2.jpg

0131024x768jd2.jpg

0121024x768ed2.jpg

0111024x768lc9.jpg

0101024x768sz0.jpg

0071024x768fi6.jpg

0061024x768mu6.jpg

im happy with em.

i just bought a pair of black jeans. i got picks on the 2nd or 3rd page i think. i pretty much dress in all black so it's whatever, but i need topick up a blue pair to throw in the rotation too. i copped a pair of pumaXevisus in the summer i never wear because the legs are wide as hell. once i getthem fixed i might wear them. i feel kinda corny though wearing evisu...
leftyjeenuys, what shops in minneapolis have some good jeans? does your shop onlycarry wesc?

so say i bought some of these apcs or watevr, but i wash them after like every 2 or 3 wear wat happens to them?

Originally Posted by beezylocks

so say i bought some of these apcs or watevr, but i wash them after like every 2 or 3 wear wat happens to them?

less contrast fading, more overall fading to a mid-blue.
Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

How are the Crooks and Castle denim and do they fit like Levis STF?

if C&C is a hiphop brand, it'll probably fit huge compared to the stf's, which are straight leg 501s.

that stitching is kinda of a turnoff but i can bash them just yet because i haven't seen them in person, but they do look terrible from this standpoint

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i just bought a pair of black jeans. i got picks on the 2nd or 3rd page i think. i pretty much dress in all black so it's whatever, but i need to pick up a blue pair to throw in the rotation too. i copped a pair of pumaXevisus in the summer i never wear because the legs are wide as hell. once i get them fixed i might wear them. i feel kinda corny though wearing evisu...
leftyjeenuys, what shops in minneapolis have some good jeans? does your shop only carry wesc?
collections of jeans we carry are:
wesc standard indigo blue
triumvir type b
triumvir raw black
10 deep slim and straight raw indigo
wesc logan raw selvage indigo and black
wesc standard raw selvage indigo
2 g13 jeans, a faded and a raw one with different finishes
false needle black selvedge

imo black or blue, it doesn't matter. the fit and look is more important than color. the baggy jeans dont look flattering with slim clothes or sneakers,especially when you have small feet or they are narrow. baggy jeans look nice with ones such as the "skate" shoe look. fit is very important as seenand talked about already. I chose the black because its different and i felt ready to start a black jeans experiment. everybody wears blue, so i was like f-it,im gonna rotate with my apcs. so 1 pair of blue and 1 black for me in my rotation.

And about buying jeans, trying on jeans is the best deal. People and descriptions can only say so much about jeans and their sizing. Store bought jeans such aspepe and southpole and the such just went down the tube for me since there wasn't such consistent sizing. Try out jeans and different sizes in a store nearyou if possible, if not, DON'T buy it, unless there is a very good return/exchange policy.

I am 5'8.5 and about 50 w/ a 32ish waist. The new standards originally fit tight and looked homoish, but eventually stretched, fit, and seem'd right onmy legs. The False jeans are biking jean and black straight legged, much wider opening than the NS.

places to purchase quality denim are:
VS. Social Standard Southdale Mall, EDINA
Len Druskin reg or outlet Outlet in Southdale Mall, Galleria in Edina - more popular mainstream pricey washed denim
Status Calhoun Square in uptown
has some prps jeans, never tried em, but seems popular, never my size available so never shopped
Ivy Mens Corpus and nudies, havent been there, but old location was nice. 1220 Glenwood Ave.

mplsdunk, hope that helps you. hope that helps others also.

Hopefully some of you guys can help me out as I am completely ignorant to raw denim care.

Just picked up a pair of Rag & Bone RB6's (non-selvage i believe) which fit nicely off the rack but I wanted to give them the proper care to have anice fit. I usually wear a 36x32 in pre-washed jeans, and these are a 36x34. Good thing I saw Yamakazi's remark about hemming them before wearing them(which I was going to do). Im not as concerned with the high contrast fading as I am with getting a nice comfortable fit with some decent whiskers andhoneycombs. Should I soak or not soak? If I soak, what is the best way to do so? Hot, lukewarm, cold? 36's fit pretty true to size and if they shrink morethan an inch or two in the waist I'm either going to have to lose some weight or be extremely uncomfortable. Are Rag & Bone's known to shrink orstretch a good bit? Will I be doing mself a disservice if I hot soak them and shrink them too much or will everyday wear stretch them back to a decent fit? Ihate to sound like a lame but what is the best pre-wear treatment methods before I start giving them the 24/7 wear? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Hopefully some of you guys can help me out as I am completely ignorant to raw denim care.

Just picked up a pair of Rag & Bone RB6's (non-selvage i believe) which fit nicely off the rack but I wanted to give them the proper care to have a nice fit. I usually wear a 36x32 in pre-washed jeans, and these are a 36x34. Good thing I saw Yamakazi's remark about hemming them before wearing them (which I was going to do). Im not as concerned with the high contrast fading as I am with getting a nice comfortable fit with some decent whiskers and honeycombs. Should I soak or not soak? If I soak, what is the best way to do so? Hot, lukewarm, cold? 36's fit pretty true to size and if they shrink more than an inch or two in the waist I'm either going to have to lose some weight or be extremely uncomfortable. Are Rag & Bone's known to shrink or stretch a good bit? Will I be doing mself a disservice if I hot soak them and shrink them too much or will everyday wear stretch them back to a decent fit? I hate to sound like a lame but what is the best pre-wear treatment methods before I start giving them the 24/7 wear? Thanks in advance.

sorry but all R&B jeans are resin coated, which means that they won't really develop any whiskering/fading/honeycombing (all essentially the samethings same things). if they are comfortable OTR (off the rack), then they will still be comfortable after you wear them for a bit. they also won't shrinkvery much. R&B denim is nice and heavy, and you can pretty much wear them OTR. they won't stretch much either.

remember with any given denim there will be a small bit of shrinkage, and with any wear, there will be a small bit of stretching. they cancel each otherout, and this is the case as well with R&B.

Back
Top Bottom