*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Jwagg Swagg

So if Earnest Sewn is "crap" by NT Standards and Denim Connoisuers....and APC and NUDIE are only "Starter brands"

Then what is the upper echeloen of denim then?

300 Dollar Dior Homme that Kanye West Wears or the 400 dollar Sugar Canes? Give me a break...

eyes.gif
I wear True Religion and Rock & Republic because I want to, I like it and to impress the females..

Not to impress men or Fingerollin who looks like a Dark Skinned Charlie Villanueva
laugh.gif

Untied.jpg

alien.gif
sick.gif
i feel everything you sayin, i cant even remember the last time i been on superfuture or cared what NT says about jeans. its a very small percent. hellpeople around my way dont even wear the premium jeans they say are crappy. hollister, a&f, lucky, buffalo. very avg. jeans are what ppl wear around here.not to mention they prolly not like me at all.

true religion and rock and republic suck.

I'm wearing flat head f380's right now, not to stunt but because i like the fit

I also have a pair of skull's which is probably the sexiest/most worn jeans i have.

i just looked up flat head and skull denim. i mean if i just flat out dont care about the raw denim look, also why is it that raw denim ppl wear they jeans sotight? honestly it aint for me. so to each they own.

Damn, the more I see Imperial denim, the more I want a pair. But I'm already occupied with a few pairs right now.

But Def will cop a pair in the future.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

If you dudes really want whiskers and higes in an instant (approximately 5-7 days) I suggest sloshing them in a egg and vinegar mixture.

2 parts eggs (2 yolks, 1 white) and 2 parts vinegar is the recommended measurement but you can add more eggs to give it a more sheen look.

This blend has been used by many Japanese denim enthusiasts.

How exactly do you combine the egg and vinegar do I beat that #*+# (pause) together like scrambled eggs and then apply it or what?

Originally Posted by Verdykt

If you dudes really want whiskers and higes in an instant (approximately 5-7 days) I suggest sloshing them in a egg and vinegar mixture.

2 parts eggs (2 yolks, 1 white) and 2 parts vinegar is the recommended measurement but you can add more eggs to give it a more sheen look.

How exactly do you combine the egg and vinegar do I beat that #*+# (pause) together like scrambled eggs and then apply it or what?

First you beat the eggs like scrambled eggs and pour in the vinegar.
You can pour it over (recommended - what I do) or use a paint brush (slower but you get your targeted areas)

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Ive used Purple Face's aka Dr Nelson PhD Denim Whisker Formula and it worked great. Ill post pics when i get home. My APCs are
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Still no pics, or did I miss them?
nerd.gif

6s9cpjm.jpg

855amhz.jpg

Sorry for the late response.. Heres a tip.. "Salty Duck Egg". Dont OD on the process or it'll be
sick.gif
Brush gently with care like you're Bob Ross. These are getting to big for me due to stretching.. i wish i would've sized down another size
ohwell.gif

You can pour it over (recommended - what I do) or use a paint brush (slower but you get your targeted areas)

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a whirl.

Can someone please tell me what bands make good prewashed denim?

I asked this question like 3 times and still can't get any response...

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a whirl.

I'm sure tons of people would like to know how to do this too. So if possible could you take step by step pics of you completing the process?

most REAL Japanese denim enthusiasts would tell you to just wear your jeans. It aint cooking 101
laugh.gif
. But to each its own, or however the saying goes...

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

Can someone please tell me what bands make good prewashed denim?

I asked this question like 3 times and still can't get any response...

the same brands that make good raw denim make good prewashed and predistressed denim as well

Originally Posted by H4ppyTime Harry

most REAL Japanese denim enthusiasts would tell you to just wear your jeans. It aint cooking 101
laugh.gif
. But to each its own, or however the saying goes...

I agree with you... They are just jeans. If you just wear them like a regular pair of jeans they will fade.

I wouldn't want to be walking around with raw egg on my jeans. That just seems
sick.gif
to me.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i also asked about the weight of the denim and got no answer. so heavy denim creases more right? my jeans are 11.5 oz. so that that just mean i am gonna get fades on my pockets and no honey combs?

heavier denim takes longer to break in than lighter denim, but it really depends on the fit and body type. are they slim, baggy, tight?

they are just regular straight legs, not tight or really baggy, i posted pics of them on the 3rd page if that helps.

I never really read this thread or gave it the time of day because denim is such a owner specific thing.

Quick breakdown of my denim since about 2004.

True Religion Billy (The Boss)

True Religion Billy (Bad ***)

Seven for All Mankind Bootcut (New York)

Seven for All Mankind A Pocket (Caribbean)

LRG Straight Root Fit (Grass Roots)

Hollister bootcut faded lookin joints, not even sure what they called, but they light colored.

Gap Selvedge.

Abercrombie straight fit

--------my point is, I have a really strange assortment of denim. I bought the designer stuff 2 years ago. the Abercrombie and hollister joints are from 02-03.the last two pair I bought were the LRG and Gap joints. Honestly, the only ones I still really like are my 7's. I never buy denim anymore because I cannever find a pair I really like.

Back
Top Bottom