*| | Denim _ School | |*

I was in Uni Qlo the other and saw a pair of selvedge jeans for $80 is that a good price or I can find better better?

Originally Posted by kiyab

Don't mean to be dissing True Religions here but in all honesty the quality on the fakes might well be far better than the quality on a legit pair.
Just like how the famous Thai 501 selvedge Levi's fakes are insanely nice in quality, and far better than even 99% of the LVC line in terms of construction and aging..

ive also heard that they are making counterfit japanese denim like samuari in thailand. this mall in bangkok called MBK is selling samuari denim. i havenever seen these jeans there but i have been going to that mall for years and nothing is real in that mall when it comes to clothes. ive also heard that thethai counterfit denim is actually almost as good as the real deal cause they get the denim from japan.

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

Originally Posted by kiyab

Don't mean to be dissing True Religions here but in all honesty the quality on the fakes might well be far better than the quality on a legit pair.
Just like how the famous Thai 501 selvedge Levi's fakes are insanely nice in quality, and far better than even 99% of the LVC line in terms of construction and aging..

ive also heard that they are making counterfit japanese denim like samuari in thailand. this mall in bangkok called MBK is selling samuari denim. i have never seen these jeans there but i have been going to that mall for years and nothing is real in that mall when it comes to clothes. ive also heard that the thai counterfit denim is actually almost as good as the real deal cause they get the denim from japan.

So far, there is no such thing as counterfeit versions of Samurai, Flat Head, Iron Heart, Oni, John Bull, Skull, etc...
I'm sure that the jeans you're talking about are called "Samurai" but have no relation to the brand WE know of called Samurai.
Half the Red Monkey style copies are brands that are named something along the lines of "Samurai XXX XXX"..

Originally Posted by joeme719

I was in Uni Qlo the other and saw a pair of selvedge jeans for $80 is that a good price or I can find better better?
Don't buy them because they're selvedge, it's not a indicator of quality or value. If you buy them, do it because you like the fit orstyling, not because it's got a selvedge seam.

Anyone who's been looking for a pair of APCs and hasn't heard... denimbar and context got re-stocks in a week or so back. Context upped their price to$155 (which seems to be the standard now) but denimbar has a 20% coupon floating around. $124 shipped is a deal.

MPLSdunk, can you post pics? also...did you pick them up in the cities? i am thinking about buying apair of APC's but want to try them on before i buy.thanks

I've always been a loyal Diesel fan. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up in this thread a lot.

quick question...i need to wash a pair of jeans,

if the tag says "do not dry clean", is it coo if i bring it to the dry cleaners? im afraid that if i machine wash my jeans theyll fade.

another question, I just got my first pair of STF's so i can try out dry denim and see if i like it enough to spend 150 on some APC's. i am a littleconfused as to after i soak then, am i supposed to wear them the ENTIRE time they dry or just for a little while in the middle? can anyone help me out on this?i have searched sufu and its a little unclear as to what to do. thanks

Originally Posted by Gameover2

I've always been a loyal Diesel fan. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up in this thread a lot.

Kiya can tell you a bit about his previous obsession...
Originally Posted by pluhone

quick question...i need to wash a pair of jeans,

if the tag says "do not dry clean", is it coo if i bring it to the dry cleaners? im afraid that if i machine wash my jeans theyll fade.

'Do not dry clean' =/= dry clean
Originally Posted by hamez3

another question, I just got my first pair of STF's so i can try out dry denim and see if i like it enough to spend 150 on some APC's. i am a little confused as to after i soak then, am i supposed to wear them the ENTIRE time they dry or just for a little while in the middle? can anyone help me out on this? i have searched sufu and its a little unclear as to what to do. thanks

You can do whatever you want. Unless you sized down to where post-soak it will be too tight, you don't have to necessarily wear them while they'rewet.

Originally Posted by hamez3

MPLSdunk, can you post pics? also...did you pick them up in the cities? i am thinking about buying apair of APC's but want to try them on before i buy. thanks

yea i'll post some pics in a little bit. i got them at VS. in southdale. they are the rescue's size 30, i could have went with a 29 but iwasn't feeling like being in pain for a week.
10fe6vo.jpg

2jcdc8h.jpg

2r60dj5.jpg

That's just going to stretch out another two sizes and fit even baggier. 29 would not have been a problem from the looks of the pics.

MPLS wears like a 32 or so regularly though i think it was. I had a 31 ns, and that stretched out and is now a inch too big overall, but that's also a yearand a half old.since mpls went with the 30, thats not too gross of a sizing to accomodate for the stretch.

yes, prices for the apc went up. the price on the tag does actually say 155$

hamez, check us out at vs. you can try them out to find which fit looks and feels best for you, and size accordingly to accomodate for the stretch:smile:

Orlando Levi's Outlet Update:

Picked up some STFs for $34.99, I couldn't pass. They also had a number of the Capital E's and a ton of sizes in the STFs, but they're just tooslim of a fit for me.

I normally wear a 34x32 or 34x34, but the only STFs remotely close were a 35x38. I'll just have to get them hemmed after I wear them around a bit. Hasanyone hemmed a pair of STFs before?

i'm not worried about the baggieness, thats why i got the rescues instead of the NS. i do need to get them hemmed though.

how much will my stf shrink if i wash them for the first time or should i not just wash them at all and just wait two monthes?

16k5b9k.jpg

Slim Jim Greycast, had em for 2 and a bit years, washed once no detergent, haven't worked out that well....

picked up my first pair of paper denims today at Nordstrom Rack. they seem
pimp.gif
and for the price they were good.

how are true religions comfort-wise? they had em at nordstrom rack too but i didn't feel like spending 100 bucks..if they're really well worth it iwould consider it though.

Originally Posted by hanny08

16k5b9k.jpg

Slim Jim Greycast, had em for 2 and a bit years, washed once no detergent, haven't worked out that well....

those are pretty cool. it's always hella difficult to fade the greycast. how hard did you wear those?

"those are pretty cool. it's always hella difficult to fade the greycast. how hard did you wear those?"

I work in an office so probably two/three days a week max, I starch them every once in a while and only washed them that one time because I spilt KFC potatoand gravy all over the front, late night hunger pangs got to me after a night out. They don't smell real good now as you might imagine, I put Febreeze onthem and even did the leave them in the freezer for a couple of nights thing but it doesn't really get rid of the smell.

Back
Top Bottom