Dennis Richmond OF KTVU news to retire..

sad news. i watched channel 2 news ever since i was a freakn baby. That man has been on almost everynight. I surely will miss him..
Quick facts
-40 year anchor
-won many awards
-made channel 2 one of the top news station
- never showed his own feelings when delivering the news.
he is
pimp.gif

http://www.ktvu.com/news/15064411/detail.html

lol he said hes going to write a fiction book now because all he has been delivering are straight facts.
Nice thank you Dennis!

word. dude's been on ktvu for as long as i can remember. Seems like he never messes up, or if he does, he's pretty quick about it. Well respected byother anchors and will be surely missed.

When I think of Channel 2 KTVU, I think of Dennis Richmond. The 10 o'clock news wouldn't be the same without him.

When I think of Channel 2 KTVU, I think of Dennis Richmond. The 10 o'clock news wouldn't be the same without him.
co-sign, but i think frank somerville is a very good replacement

im gonna miss him... like everyone else said, he has been on forever.

I gotta agree with Frank Somerville as a replacement.

WHAT! oh man, that's crazy. this guy is the godfather of televised bay area news

Dennis is dope. He always looks super tired at night now so I think it's good for him to retire. I gotta agree that Frank Somerville would be a goodreplacement.

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

co-sign, but i think frank somerville is a very good replacement

when i think of Frank i think of the morning... not the night. Oh and on that comment that he looks tired.. He just got back from some kind of surgery. Hewas gone for awhile and came back and i think his sickness is catching up ... Hope he will get better

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

when i think of Frank i think of the morning... not the night. Oh and on that comment that he looks tired.. He just got back from some kind of surgery. He was gone for awhile and came back and i think his sickness is catching up ... Hope he will get better

Ditto man, frank is a funny dude and the 10 c'clock news is more serious. But franks replacement, if he were to be bumped up, should be the black dudethat does the 6am news with the glasses. He covered for frank once and i thought he did a pretty good job. But frank was hilarious, how him, steve the weatherman, and sal used to clown on eachother is classic. And Ross just SONS the guests he has on the shows.

Originally Posted by offbad

WHAT! oh man, that's crazy. this guy is the godfather of televised bay area news

Yeah, ever since I've been watching KTVU he's been the news anchor.

if he were to be bumped up, should be the black dude that does the 6am news with the glasses
i think that dude is kinda of weak for some reason. i like john sasaki, they should bump him up.

Dude is dope....and he doesn't have that corny "I am black man talking like a white man" voice. One mroe reason that I am getting older. I alwaysliked watching his older shows when he had his fro.....hahaha.

going to be pretty weird. usually i get home and turn on the tv thinking i'm going to hear dude talk about the daily events. i remember he burped prettyloud and played it off like a g.

It's going to be weird watching the news without Dennis Richmond, He's straight OG. I agree with yall when you say Channel 2 news is Dennis Richmond.

Back
Top Bottom