Denver Nuggets; JR Smith... I'm concerned

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

you had me until u just blurted out that jr smith can be better than kobe

give me some of what ur smokin
roll.gif

JR Smith is a better shooter than Ricky Davis.

It's tough to say who is a better defender.

Both can dunk with unbelievable ability.

JR is a really dumb player and that's what holds him back. I remember going to a Nuggz game last season and I think GK spent the entire game yelling at JRfor dumb decisions he made.

he's going to give you momentum at times when you need it but more often than not he contributes singled-handedly to getting the team right out of a ballgame.

My worries are about your grammar and how you got into college.

There's not a single properly constructed sentence in that entire blob of words.

sick.gif

Oh and Carmelo is way more talented than JR.

he's trash. It doesn't matter how high you can jump or how athletic you are. You still suck If you don't develop any fundamental or basketball IQ

he's trash. It doesn't matter how high you can jump or how athletic you are. You still suck If you don't develop any fundamental or basketball IQ

its like kenyon martin dude couldve been the next kg...but he kept twitching

nvm he sucks before j.kidd and after j.kidd...jr smith still sucks btw...i guess hes better than kobe when it comes to tat selection

concerned? when we're 17-7 and leading the NW division?? please we're straaaight.

btw heres an article on smith and karl, from the denver post today:

benjamin hochman
Karl, Smith smoothing out ride
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

Some of the dresses on female guests were tighter than a Michael Phelps swimsuit. The waitresses looked like they should be carrying those trays down runwaysas they slithered through a fray of Denver's finest athletesCarmelo Anthony, Champ Bailey, Brandon Marshall and Kenyon Martin, the host of Tuesday'scharity soiree.

Meanwhile, Nuggets coach George Karl hid in the back corner of the room, where J.R. Smith spotted him from the epicenter of glitz.

The Nuggets guard made a point to greet his coach, and the two chatted and laughed and, possibly, even bonded a little. Yes, they do actually speak at times.

The relationship between Karl and Smith has often been analyzed and scrutinized since Smith's Rocky Mountain arrival. Right now, Smith said: "We havea relationship - it's not like we're peaches and cream, but it's enough to where we can both function."

Said Karl: "The rest of the nation thinks that we're down on J.R., but it's the exact opposite - we're spending a tremendous amount of time onJ.R. We know his potential and value. We're going to give him as much time - it just doesn't come from the head coach as much as maybe someoneelse."

The 57-year-old Karl and the 23-year-old Smith make fascinating bedfellows. The coach is a thought-he'd-seen-it-all basketball sage, who preachesBillups-like teamwork and dedication. The player is a prodigious sharpshooter, who calls himself "Young Rich" and makes decisions - on the court andoff - that are sometimes, well, curious.

"There's always areas you can mature in," Smith admitted.

This season, like the others, we've seen some brilliance - Smith scored 32 points against the Hornets - and some befuddling - Smith was benched for a wholegame after coming late to practice.

When locked in, Smith's 3-point shooting seems as effortless as free-throw shooting. But this occasionally backfires, as seen in a recent loss to theSpurs, when Smith consecutively launched missed 3s early in the possession.

"His game is confusing at times," Karl said.

In regards to the ever-grooming of Smith, some fans think it all lies on Karl, which isn't the case - and isn't fair. It takes villages. Karl saidnumerous assistant coaches, front-office folks and even Smith's family have been asked to guide the guidance. Smith is an investment.

"It would be the same thing as if coaching defense - if (assistant coach) Tim Grgurich can coach my team better than I can coach my team at the defensiveend of the court, he should coach the team," Karl said. ". . . And I'll have a conversation once in a while, saying, 'J.R,. this is whereI'm coming from, this is how we're going to handle it.' "

Like many other Nuggets, Smith has latched onto the aforementioned Grgurich, a longtime friend of Karl's, who has a knack for connecting with players.

As for Karl and Smith, the roller coaster has slowed down. We'll have to see if there will be some more rides.

It's more of a prayer that JR will ever be on Kobe's level...

Honestly... It's a colorado dislike for Kobe... I apologize.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

There's not a single properly constructed sentence in that entire blob of words.

sick.gif

If you could just assign me a topic I would love to write a full research paper for you... SMH

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

Yea, really though his talent level is on par with carmelo.

He's listed 6'6 but seems like more of 6'5 6'4. He's doesn't look that long either. Short arms.

But he can shoot like no other and probably the most athletic player in Denver.

And that's special.

He was better than Kobe when both were age of 19-20 (both came off highschool)

But he hasn't improved a lot since then.

He can be an allstar, but he needs to understand the game of basketball more imo.

JR and Mayo are very comparible at this point. They have similar body, game, and skillset.

But the thing is Mayo has "it," wanting to be the best... I don't know about JR.
1. J.R. Smith measured out at 6'5 1/2 and 6'6 3/4 with shoes.
2. Mayo and J.R. Smith don't have similar body, game or skill set.
3. J.R. Smith is underrated for his pass skills/ creating for his teammates.

the funny thing is that I was just thinking about this after tonight's game.

I was trying to figure out what's holding him back offensively... And i still haven't figured it out.

OJ Mayo>>>JR Smith

And the Juiceman is only a rookie. I think OJ's court IQ is 30x better then JR's.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

sick.gif

Oh and Carmelo is way more talented than JR.
You're one to talk. Your punctuation isn't that great either.

- laugh now but kobe used to have a game just like him. i dont think his bb iq is low, its just his ego......like it was kobe's.

Back
Top Bottom