Depression Thread - Seasonal Affective Disorder

tired.gif

Perhaps its the weather, but lately I don't even want to get out of bed.

Cuffing season, rain, grey skies, living in a big city, metro, work, sleep....
mean.gif
......There has to be more

Maybe other people feel me on this. Someone pass on some good words, seriously,  I'm about to lose it

This is a very real thing especially during this time of year. Im currently in Tennessee and man, you can literally go days without seeing the sun. Grass and trees are half dead so everything outside looks really dreary. Add to the fact that since the sun isn't out as often you can suffer from a vitamin D deficiency. I'm not a doctor nor do I claim to be, but I highly recommend supplementing with vitamin D to bring your level back up.

For me, I do my best to be productive and allow myself to celebrate achieving small goals (daily, weekly, monthly goals etc). Stay social and surround yourself with friends and family this helps a lot. Depression will tell you that it won't, and that you should be alone and stay in bed. You have to fight those negative thoughts, they nothing but keep you down. Remind yourself of the things you're thankful for, and the things you've done that you're proud of. Exercising also helps a lot. You're improving yourself, and it releases endorphins that promote a positive mood.

Its in you to get over this, whether you know it or not. Its not easy, but you'll be stronger for it in the long run which will positively add to your character and resilience.

You'll get through this bro I know it.

Last edited:
5htp and think of happy thoughts.
I also feel some type of way during the winter time but try to do things that make you happy, be active (hooping, lifting, etc), take 5htp, talk to someone else who get SAD or try to think of happy thoughts. Your mind is a powerful tool.

Last edited:
Fall/Winter is a tough time for me as well
I just try to stay as social as possible, stay as socially drunk as possible as well. Talk to friends every day.

Anticipate vacations..maybe even plan one

Listen to music (New Jack Swing does it for me)

Lastly, find yourself a good female companion that will let you bust loads in her. That should take some stress off ya back. Seriously

Back
Top Bottom