DeSean Jackson: +1 in my book. Nadin Khoury + *

[h1]Eagles over wolves in a rout[/h1]
By Rick Reilly
ESPN.com
Archive

nfl_rt_nadink03_576.jpg
Rob Tringali for ESPN.comNadin Khoury, pictured in his hometown of Upper Darby, Pa., is a die-hard Eagles fan who was bullied by a bunch of teenagers at school but had the courage to speak up.

Among the burdens of an American male are to provide shelter, put food in the cupboards and occasionally sit through showings of "The View."

Which is what my wife and I were doing last week when we saw something that made it hard to speak, much less drink our coffee.

A 13-year-old boy named Nadin Khoury told about how he'd been attacked by seven bigger schoolmates, kicked, beaten, dragged through the snow, stuffed into a tree, and hung on a 7-foot spiked fence, all while adults watched.

The boy was only 5-foot-2, but he'd made up his mind to stand tall no matter how much of his pride bled out. As the brutal video played on a screen behind him, his collar stayed buttoned, his spine straight, but his bottom lip quivered.

"Next time maybe it could be somebody smaller than me," he said, loud and clear, like the Marine he wants to be someday. "Maybe next time, somebody could really get hurt."

That's when host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said, "There are some guys here who want to tell you just how brave you are."

Khoury seemed at once shocked, overwhelmed and redeemed. Where once his chin stuck out as best it could, it now fell open in wonder.

[h1]Eagles over wolves in a rout[/h1]
By Rick Reilly
ESPN.com
Archive

nfl_rt_nadink03_576.jpg
Rob Tringali for ESPN.comNadin Khoury, pictured in his hometown of Upper Darby, Pa., is a die-hard Eagles fan who was bullied by a bunch of teenagers at school but had the courage to speak up.

Among the burdens of an American male are to provide shelter, put food in the cupboards and occasionally sit through showings of "The View."

Which is what my wife and I were doing last week when we saw something that made it hard to speak, much less drink our coffee.

A 13-year-old boy named Nadin Khoury told about how he'd been attacked by seven bigger schoolmates, kicked, beaten, dragged through the snow, stuffed into a tree, and hung on a 7-foot spiked fence, all while adults watched.

The boy was only 5-foot-2, but he'd made up his mind to stand tall no matter how much of his pride bled out. As the brutal video played on a screen behind him, his collar stayed buttoned, his spine straight, but his bottom lip quivered.

"Next time maybe it could be somebody smaller than me," he said, loud and clear, like the Marine he wants to be someday. "Maybe next time, somebody could really get hurt."

That's when host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said, "There are some guys here who want to tell you just how brave you are."

Khoury seemed at once shocked, overwhelmed and redeemed. Where once his chin stuck out as best it could, it now fell open in wonder.

i was just going to post this. i don't think i can hate on desean anymore. this was a good read.

i was just going to post this. i don't think i can hate on desean anymore. this was a good read.

Damn Desean...couldn't give him an Authentic though????

Sike na, Desean is cool ppls, even though I hate the rest of the Philly Eagles.

Sike na, Desean is cool ppls, even though I hate the rest of the Philly Eagles.

We really never had a thread on this? I saw this like 2 weeks ago on ESPN

Either way...It was a touching moment not gonna lie. Being a die hard ******** fan i hate all things eagles. But this story gave me a whole new respect for Desean. Good job man

We really never had a thread on this? I saw this like 2 weeks ago on ESPN

Either way...It was a touching moment not gonna lie. Being a die hard ******** fan i hate all things eagles. But this story gave me a whole new respect for Desean. Good job man

Was just coming to post this. 

pimp.gif
 to that kid, and Desean and teammates as well. 

Was just coming to post this. 

pimp.gif
 to that kid, and Desean and teammates as well. 

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Came in here to post this. #Wheretheydothatat

Late but appreciated.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Came in here to post this. #Wheretheydothatat

Late but appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom