Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Any NT'ers on PS4 wanna run the Weekly Nightfall strike tonight? I'll be on after 8:30pm. Figure we can get a weekly schedule for it and get it done pretty quick. I'm at level 28. PSN: Zero23
I'm down but I'm a level 26. will that be a problem?
Add me on PSN. I'm hoping to get another level 28 or so in the fireteam so we don't wipe as easy and get sent back to orbit.

Nah you will be fine. I am 26 and ran it yesterday with @bobby99son
and he was level 21.

Edit: If anyone ever wants to run a Strike just send me an invite. Since I picked the Bab Juju exotic bounty to do, I have to complete 25 strikes as part of it. I will be grinding those out so I can get to the last part of the quest which is just getting points in the Crucible.

Yea it just depends on how you do it. I tried it before with two other people and that no respawn modifier was destroying us :smh:. Then I did it with @WrightOne86 and it only took us a few tries :smokin. not gonna lie though I died alot :rofl:

Last edited:

Any NT'ers on PS4 wanna run the Weekly Nightfall strike tonight? I'll be on after 8:30pm. Figure we can get a weekly schedule for it and get it done pretty quick. I'm at level 28. PSN: Zero23

Add me on PSN. I'm hoping to get another level 28 or so in the fireteam so we don't wipe as easy and get sent back to orbit.

Ill be on tonite as well, and will help with the weekly strike, I got my exotic sniper from last weeks weekly strike ....I need ascendant materials to upgrade my current gear. I got 3 exotic armor pieces for my warlock and only one is fully upgraded.

Last edited:

Ill be on tonite as well, and will help with the weekly strike, I got my exotic sniper from last weeks weekly strike ....I need ascendant materials to upgrade my current gear. I got 3 exotic armor pieces for my warlock and only one is fully upgraded.
Let's get it Quad. I need an Exotic Sniper. Or a legendary one. Hopefully one that does Void Damage so I can kill Vex in the Raid more effectively. 

Let's get it Quad. I need an Exotic Sniper. Or a legendary one. Hopefully one that does Void Damage so I can kill Vex in the Raid more effectively. 

My primary weapon is still blue, and I still go hard in the raid ...if I can just find a legendary or better primary weapon then I'd be happy.

I also got 250 of 500 void kills in the crucible, and only had a void shotgun, but now I gotta void fusion rifle so that exotic bounty will be knocked out in no time.

I need Thorn in my life asap.

Last edited:
You can only wear 1 exotic armor piece at a time, right? @Quad

@bobby99son , see I wasn't even going to say all that about you dying
laugh.gif
. There were a couple close calls in there with trying to slide past those mobs to come get you up, but we got it. I did it earlier yesterday with a couple other NT guys and we stayed up top and just sniped/rocket launcher/shot from up top. You just had to watch out for the guardian that would randomly spawn up top that you had to take out.

You can only wear 1 exotic armor piece at a time, right? @Quad

@bobby99son
, see I wasn't even going to say all that about you dying :lol: . There were a couple close calls in there with trying to slide past those mobs to come get you up, but we got it. I did it earlier yesterday with a couple other NT guys and we stayed up top and just sniped/rocket launcher/shot from up top. You just had to watch out for the guardian that would randomly spawn up top that you had to take out.

Yep only 1 darn piece at at time, so with my exotic gauntlets and helmet not being upgraded I'm level 26, but in my exotic chest armor which has been fully upgraded I'm level 27.

For the raid and crucible, my sunsinger sub class is best, and for PvE it's the voidwalker.

I also got 250 of 500 void kills in the crucible, and only had a void shotgun, but now I gotta void fusion rifle so that exotic bounty will be knocked out in no time.

Lol Bro, that Xyor the Unwed stupid mission is the worst at the end of that bounty. Thorn looks dope and all and the DoT ticker is nice, but after using my Suros all weekend, I can say that Thorn is no match at all for the Suros. I wish they gave it a larger mag or a quicker reload speed or something else. I know they said they're going to eventually buff Thorn and Bad Juju so hope it happens sooner than later. Curious to see what the Buff will be. I have mine almost fully leveled up and I switched to the Suros and haven't looked back.

Of course, I'll help you when you get to that part.

@bobby99son , see I wasn't even going to say all that about you dying
laugh.gif
. There were a couple close calls in there with trying to slide past those mobs to come get you up, but we got it. I did it earlier yesterday with a couple other NT guys and we stayed up top and just sniped/rocket launcher/shot from up top. You just had to watch out for the guardian that would randomly spawn up top that you had to take out.
Exact method I was going to use. Did it with the Weekly Heroic Strike to get Strange Coins and it was cakewalk. Just gotta have someone with a Solar Damage Fusion Rifle for the dude that spawns every 30 seconds or so in the back. Plus, it's pretty much a way to get free ammo. Win Win.

Lol Bro, that Xyor the Unwed stupid mission is the worst at the end of that bounty. Thorn looks dope and all and the DoT ticker is nice, but after using my Suros all weekend, I can say that Thorn is no match at all for the Suros. I wish they gave it a larger mag or a quicker reload speed or something else. I know they said they're going to eventually buff Thorn and Bad Juju so hope it happens sooner than later. Curious to see what the Buff will be. I have mine almost fully leveled up and I switched to the Suros and haven't looked back.

My nephew used my damn strange coins for and exotic helmet from Xur, when I woke up Saturday I was like "So you bought Suros rifle right", he was like nah I bought a helmet ....man wtf we could have had a exotic primary weapon but you bought a damn helmet.

Xur probably won't be selling the Suros Regime anytime soon.

Yep only 1 darn piece at at time, so with my exotic gauntlets and helmet not being upgraded I'm level 26, but in my exotic chest armor which has been fully upgraded I'm level 27.

For the raid and crucible, my sunsinger sub class is best, and for PvE it's the voidwalker.
I used to think the Warlock classes were the other way around as far as PvP vs PvE went, but I am starting to learn more towards the Sunsinger class for PvP as well. Those grenades, burn over time, armor buffs and resurrecting are too nice to have in those situations.

Did you buy the exotic pieces from Xur, or did you find them all?

I was very close to buying the Suros this past weekend, but since I already have a Doctor Nope and a The Comedian, I figured I would just not upgrade anymore weapons and get exotic armor pieces instead. Also since I have the bounty to get the exotic pulse rifle as well to pair with the Doctor Nope.

That Suros ability to regen health from the bottom half of the clip though?!
sick.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
My nephew used my damn strange coins for and exotic helmet from Xur, when I woke up Saturday I was like "So you bought Suros rifle right", he was like nah I bought a helmet ....man wtf we could have had a exotic primary weapon but you bought a damn helmet.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He would no longer be allowed to play my characters after that move! That sucks man. Maybe we can hope that he will have something just as nice if not better come this Friday...
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I used to think the Warlock classes were the other way around as far as PvP vs PvE went, but I am starting to learn more towards the Sunsinger class for PvP as well. Those grenades, burn over time, armor buffs and resurrecting are too nice to have in those situations.

Did you buy the exotic pieces from Xur, or did you find them all?

I was very close to buying the Suros this past weekend, but since I already have a Doctor Nope and a The Comedian, i figured I would just not upgrade anymore armor pieces and get exotic armor pieces instead. Also since I have the bounty to get the exotic pulse rifle as well to pair with the Doctor Nope.

That Suros ability to regen health from the bottom half of the clip though?!
sick.gif
nthat.gif
I'm working my way up to that Suros health Regen. Prob will unlock it tonight. The Suros is an absolute beast. It's like a laser gun. No recoil, just straight shots. It's beastly. I saw there was a legendary Auto-Scout Rifle too. I need to get that too. I want to get a legendary/exotic sniper that does Void damage. Only other gun I'm looking for.

BRUH. 
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

wrightone86 wrightone86 I bought the exotic engram from Xur which turned into the exotic chest armor ...the other 2 exotic pieces came in the form of engram package from the postmaster, the engram package consisted of 3 exotic engrams and 1 turned into guantlets ...my ******ed nephew purchased the exotic helmet from Xur as well.

3 exotic engrams in the mail for a faction level up?! You can't fuss about the cryptarch at all @Quad
! haha

At the time he was only like level 5 or 6 ....I never understood what an engram package was until someone here told me ...however since then, I have leveled him up even more but no more engram packages ....I thought every time the Cryptarch hits a new level, that I was suppose get a new engram package, but I haven't seen anymore since then.

Yea, as far as I know, every level you should get one. Hell the YouTube guy I posted was like level 23 or something and he was still getting them.

I still get the engram packs when I level up the cryptarch( level 29, cryp level 11 or 12). Can't wait for next patch though 

Last edited:
I still get the engram packs when I level up the cryptarch( level 29, cryp level 11 or 12). Can't wait for next patch though 

Dayum level 29 bruh? ....I think as far as Nike Talk is concerned @ssjjfar and zero23 zero23 are the highest on my list at 28, but I gotta another dude thats been a 29 since Friday, pretty sure he's very close to 30, he's also completed the raid several times.

Dayum level 29 bruh? ....I think as far as Nike Talk is concerned @ssjjfar and @Zero23 are the highest on my list at 28, but I gotta another dude thats been a 29 since Friday, pretty sure he's very close to 30, he's also completed the raid several times.
I did the raid once and got gloves and boots from it. The stars just aligned on this one. I had just bought chest plate from Xur and the gloves and boots I got at the very beginning of the raid going against that first boss. I'f I would've known about the raid armor and the lvl 30 at the time I probably would have tried to do the vault again

Dayum level 29 bruh? ....I think as far as Nike Talk is concerned [@=/u/41571/ssjjfar]@ssjjfar[/@] and [@=/u/72495/Zero23]@Zero23[/@] are the highest on my list at 28, but I gotta another dude thats been a 29 since Friday, pretty sure he's very close to 30, he's also completed the raid several times.
I did the raid once and got gloves and boots from it. The stars just aligned on this one. I had just bought chest plate from Xur and the gloves and boots I got at the very beginning of the raid going against that first boss. I'f I would've known about the raid armor and the lvl 30 at the time I probably would have tried to do the vault again

This just goes to show you that we haven't even scratched the surface of the raid, we been playing for the last couple of days around 3-4 hours each time and never got any kind of gear drops, only unspeakable death.

Back
Top Bottom