Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Bungie nerfed Xur too
mean.gif

So the Gjallahorn was just terrorizing the general public, but Blink is fine.

Bungie logic

Friday night I'm going to be pre gaming. I'm already gameplanning with the guys and I'm setting up plays with a few joints on my roster. I'm play Saturday tho probably NBA 2K that's my favorite game *shrugs*

My girl b day Saturday so im banned from the x1 for 24. Well get up tho to see where your "skillz" are at.

Friday night I'm going to be pre gaming. I'm already gameplanning with the guys and I'm setting up plays with a few joints on my roster. I'm play Saturday tho probably NBA 2K that's my favorite game *shrugs*
My girl b day Saturday so im banned from the x1 for 24. Well get up tho to see where your "skillz" are at.
Make sure to post the rumble match vid here on NT. 

Need to catch up on the Destiny changes. Just see mad complaints on twitter and Xbox Facebook groups. Was planning to jump back on it this weekend too, been off it a couple weeks.

I guess the changes are noticable when your character is maxed out? Just hit 25 and didn't notice too much lol.

Even if they didn't "nerf" the weapons, they are year 1 weapons. TTK will more than likely be the start of year 2, so we wouldn't be able to ascend them any higher than they are right now anyways. We would ultimately have to leave them behind anyways.

- I am fine with Thorn nerf. Hopefully it causes less people to stop using it.

- I am also fine with TLW nerf. It is a close range HC and they just needed to fix the ADS glitch where it still could hit for 111 when doing so.

- Haven't used IceBreaker since HoW dropped and even before then, it was just to do the heavy ammo glitch.

- Glad they are somewhat making ARs an option again. Buffing that Hard Light and Necrochasm
nthat.gif

- No more 1 shot Hawkmoon kills and reduced range....meh...shouldn't be able to compete with a sniper or scout rifle anyways quite frankly imo.

- No more final round snipers
nthat.gif
. I have 2 of them, but I use them regularly and have never deliberately fired the 1st 2 off to get to it.

- GGhorn hurts, sure but we don't know how much the wolfpacks are going to be reduced, and 6 GGhorns going off will still > *

- Don't care about fusion rifles for the most part, so that is fine to me. As long as them sniping people doesn't come back in to play.

- Reduced rangefinder range & reduced shot package....that sucks, but we all know that it was pretty OP and overused. If you are up close on them like you should be with a shotty, then they are still going to die regardless. Just removing the sniper shotty from play which I am fine with.

- They didn't touch my pulse rifles too much, so I am fine with that.
nthat.gif

Like Biggie said earlier....regardless what you guys think, this is a console MMO in essence. Weapons will have their run at the top, but they cannot be the end all be all weapon out the gate. If that was the case, why would you ever use anything else/new? Thought you were going to be on Destiny 3 still using a Hawkmoon/GGhorn/IceBreaker/Thorn?
laugh.gif
. We can still use them basic crucible since they don't scale. Just in PvE/Iron Banner/ToO, they will slowly fade away since they won't do enough damage.

Even if they didn't "nerf" the weapons, they are year 1 weapons. TTK will more than likely be the start of year 2, so we wouldn't be able to ascend them any higher than they are right now anyways. We would ultimately have to leave them behind anyways.

- I am fine with Thorn nerf. Hopefully it causes less people to stop using it.

- I am also fine with TLW nerf. It is a close range HC and they just needed to fix the ADS glitch where it still could hit for 111 when doing so.

- Haven't used IceBreaker since HoW dropped and even before then, it was just to do the heavy ammo glitch.

- Glad they are somewhat making ARs an option again. Buffing that Hard Light and Necrochasm
nthat.gif

- No more 1 shot Hawkmoon kills and reduced range....meh...shouldn't be able to compete with a sniper or scout rifle anyways quite frankly imo.

- No more final round snipers
nthat.gif
. I have 2 of them, but I use them regularly and have never deliberately fired the 1st 2 off to get to it.

- GGhorn hurts, sure but we don't know how much the wolfpacks are going to be reduced, and 6 GGhorns going off will still > *

- Don't care about fusion rifles for the most part, so that is fine to me. As long as them sniping people doesn't come back in to play.

- Reduced rangefinder range & reduced shot package....that sucks, but we all know that it was pretty OP and overused. If you are up close on them like you should be with a shotty, then they are still going to die regardless. Just removing the sniper shotty from play which I am fine with.

- They didn't touch my pulse rifles too much, so I am fine with that.
nthat.gif

Like Biggie said earlier....regardless what you guys think, this is a console MMO in essence. Weapons will have their run at the top, but they cannot be the end all be all weapon out the gate. If that was the case, why would you ever use anything else/new? Thought you were going to be on Destiny 3 still using a Hawkmoon/GGhorn/IceBreaker/Thorn?
laugh.gif
. We can still use them basic crucible since they don't scale. Just in PvE/Iron Banner/ToO, they will slowly fade away since they won't do enough damage.
You and @Biggie62  need to hush about this Bjallerhorn nerf janky business. It is a travesty and a lame attempt at appeasing the casual players who never run anything and cry about it not dropping from a blue engram for them. Y'all guna end up in the depths of Urrox's unsettled stomach for this blasphemy!!!!!!

I mean, not everyone just got extra ones laying around in the postmaster from the Vault chest. Word 2 my homie @illsupra  for the checkpoint and the homie Biggie for the quote of the night. And I quote, as I pull it from the chest and laugh.  "**** you Zero" and the evil Frost laugh simultaneously. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

From Bungie Twitter -

We've determined we can't safely alter Xur at this time. He'll be back next week with a full inventory, including an Exotic weapon.

roll.gif

You and @Biggie62
 need to hush about this Bjallerhorn nerf janky business. It is a travesty and a lame attempt at appeasing the casual players who never run anything and cry about it not dropping from a blue engram for them. Y'all guna end up in the depths of Urrox's unsettled stomach for this blasphemy!!!!!!

I mean, not everyone just got extra ones laying around in the postmaster from the Vault chest. Word 2 my homie @illsupra
 for the checkpoint and the homie Biggie for the quote of the night. And I quote, as I pull it from the chest and laugh.  "**** you Zero" and the evil Frost laugh simultaneously. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 1632656

When you pulled that box and I saw it.

View media item 1632661

New promotional piece form bungie:

View media item 1632663

Last edited:

You and @Biggie62  need to hush about this Bjallerhorn nerf janky business. It is a travesty and a lame attempt at appeasing the casual players who never run anything and cry about it not dropping from a blue engram for them. Y'all guna end up in the depths of Urrox's unsettled stomach for this blasphemy!!!!!!

I mean, not everyone just got extra ones laying around in the postmaster from the Vault chest. Word 2 my homie @illsupra  for the checkpoint and the homie Biggie for the quote of the night. And I quote, as I pull it from the chest and laugh.  "**** you Zero" and the evil Frost laugh simultaneously. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Man I wish I had stayed on for that moment last night. I know that it was pure comedy! the Frost whisper laugh probably put it over the top too!
roll.gif

You part of the 3 GGhorn club now aren't you? If so, welcome
nthat.gif

I fully unlocked my 4th one, but just never spend the weapons parts or shard on it.

From Bungie Twitter -

We've determined we can't safely alter Xur at this time. He'll be back next week with a full inventory, including an Exotic weapon.

roll.gif
They were about to mess around and delete Xur himself from the game trying to add something in probably. Either that, or his entire inventory was going to have to be changed at the same time and not just add the weapon in.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Man I wish I had stayed on for that moment last night. I know that it was pure comedy! the Frost whisper laugh probably put it over the top too!
roll.gif

You part of the 3 GGhorn club now aren't you? If so, welcome
nthat.gif

I fully unlocked my 4th one, but just never spend the weapons parts or shard on it.

From Bungie Twitter -

roll.gif
They were about to mess around and delete Xur himself from the game trying to add something in probably. Either that, or his entire inventory was going to have to be changed at the same time and not just add the weapon in.
laugh.gif
Dis be the 4th one. I'm going to leave it at the postmaster for now until they further expand our vault. Free Vault space 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom