Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

They're expanding the Gunsmith. They have field test weapons that you use to upgrade into useful weapons and get Gunsmith reps.

Wednesdays are Arms day and you buy Foundry Orders and youll get the weapon if you complete the order and have enough rep. Weekly Stock.

When you complete a field order, this is an example of a weapon:

You can also infuse weapons - cannibalize weapons to make other legendaries stronger in attack/defense etc.

There are new dances. Hunter does the Sprinkler. Titan does MC Hammer. No Clue What Warlock is doing. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
BTW, PEEP THE SWORD ON THE BACK OF THE HUNTER. YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 
nthat.gif

Zoomed in. I cannot wait to get this Sword. Gjallarsword?

Last edited:
Bungie went hard for year 2.

So many improvements. 40 the new 20.

They already got my $40. Plus I'm going to buy that legendary pack for $20.

Bungie went hard for year 2.

So many improvements. 40 the new 20.

They already got my $40. Plus I'm going to buy that legendary pack for $20.
exactly this dlc is more than worth it for this reveal alone. I mean they brought new purpose to old exotics, and will give us new ones. They took all the good and made it great and took the bad and made it exceptionally better. 

Thats how everyone felt when they dropped the HoW DLC, on paper it seemed like a lot of content but we ran through all that quick and it got boring fast.

Last edited:
Thats how everyone felt when they dropped the HoW DLC, on paper it seemed like a lot of content but we ran through all that quick and it got boring fast.

For me its about having fun playing. Destiny had a good story mode when it first released but the replay factor was low though for me. Grinding to get to 24 or whatever wasn't fun to me. The expansion packs were really good though.

I don't think this was addressed in the reveal and it may be a simple answer, but will Year 1 Exotics still be available to acquire?

I was a launch player that dipped out because I was turned off by the grind that was previously necessary to acquire new gear. I just got back into Destiny and don't really mind the grind now as there's plenty of new content for me with the two expansions, but unfortunately, I don't have any Exotics and would like to know that I can still pick up some along the way into Year 2.

I don't think this was addressed in the reveal and it may be a simple answer, but will Year 1 Exotics still be available to acquire?

I was a launch player that dipped out because I was turned off by the grind that was previously necessary to acquire new gear. I just got back into Destiny and don't really mind the grind now as there's plenty of new content for me with the two expansions, but unfortunately, I don't have any Exotics and would like to know that I can still pick up some along the way into Year 2.
yea year 1 exotics will still be able to be obtained. guess through xur and other activities that provide exotics. 

All these new features will be useless if they dropping only 4 story missions, a strike and raid. Players will run thru that content in a week. :smh:

All these new features will be useless if they dropping only 4 story missions, a strike and raid. Players will run thru that content in a week. :smh:

Not sure if serious? I beat the Last of Us in 3 days. What's your point?

yea year 1 exotics will still be able to be obtained. guess through xur and other activities that provide exotics. 

Awesome. Thanks man!

My apologies for the newb question, but I’m still trying to get my bearings straight. I’m currently a 29 and it’s my understanding that in order to hit 34, I need to acquire gear with 42 light from Variks by playing through PoE and getting Armor Cores or by obtaining Etheric Light and using that on my current gear or by purchasing gear from Xur.

Is that the gist of it?

:wow:

Not sure if serious? I beat the Last of Us in 3 days. What's your point?

Wait... Who are you?

I'm a day 1 player on destiny and if this expansion pack is like the other two that dropped... Then I'm not impressed. Doesn't matter what new features are implemented, the lack of replay able content is what is making people no longer wanna support this game.

Awesome. Thanks man!

My apologies for the newb question, but I’m still trying to get my bearings straight. I’m currently a 29 and it’s my understanding that in order to hit 34, I need to acquire gear with 42 light from Variks by playing through PoE and getting Armor Cores or by obtaining Etheric Light and using that on my current gear or by purchasing gear from Xur.

Is that the gist of it?

embarassed.gif
yep you can get it by getting a full variks set. Or 1 exotic and 3 legendary armors that have 42 light. Or with enough etheric light you can use any 4 legendary armor. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom