Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

How many people do you need to beat T3? I have the rune charged up for it
This week's is easy. It's Crota encounter. If you have a fireteam over 290 light and have a competent swordbearer you can knock it out with three people. Take down wizards, take down swordbearer, dps Crota Jr. Sword. Should only take two swords max to complete it. 

Hello, Guardians.

Right this every minute, many of you are acquiring Black Spindle. Surprise!

Wouldn't you know it, there is a bug that is enabling some of these weapons to drop at 310 - that's 20 points higher than intended. In the near future, we'll be releasing an update that will adjust the Black Spindle to match the attack rating for other Year Two Exotics.

It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

DeeJ

Man i had the 1000 yard stare and dismantled it
mean.gif
 now I have to decide what to put this Spindle into. Probably Stillpiercer...

@sole vintage  I have a 1000 yard stare. You like it for the added round if you crit?

It wouldn't let me infuse my spindle into my 1000 yard earlier... They pushing the update quick

Man who you telling. Was hoping to at least have a chance to infuse it when I got home. 

Some are wondering if it is a Three of Coins patch as well, or a combination of the Coins and the Spindle.

This week's is easy. It's Crota encounter. If you have a fireteam over 290 light and have a competent swordbearer you can knock it out with three people. Take down wizards, take down swordbearer, dps Crota Jr. Sword. Should only take two swords max to complete it. 

invite me when you do this please

Yea it is solar sword with high damage. He was putting in work. A few times he should have snuck a melee in to have the flame shield while going in, but when you in a situation like that, it can slip your mind, lol

After seeing your post @Zero23
, just realized that I should infuse the 310 sniper into something and then pull another one from the blueprint at 300 all roll with that :smh: . Since the 310 rating is getting changed, I might as well do it now while I have that high of a weapon. 

Hope they don't push that update today so I can do that when I get home. 

but what happens when you infuse a 300 spindle with the 310? might end up with a 307 spindle thats untouched?

but what happens when you infuse a 300 spindle with the 310? might end up with a 307 spindle thats untouched?
Since the infused items are staying, that could work too. I don't need that specific weapon at 310, so I would use it elsewhere to free up the exotic slot.

I quickly infused my 310 Spindle to my legendary sniper before they change the atk.
My 300 sniper went to 308 after the infusion.
Just keeping a Spindle at 300 atk from the blueprints now.

Last edited:
Man i had the 1000 yard stare and dismantled it

:smh:  now I have to decide what to put this Spindle into. Probably Stillpiercer...

@sole vintage
 I have a 1000 yard stare. You like it for the added round if you crit?

Didn't have that perk had Last Resort

Got it from a story mission came with short gaze and firefly which is already great, but get it with hidden hand :smokin.

Base aim assist is 56 highest of all snipers. You basically get the new year 2 version of Her Benevolence or LDR 5001

Interesting patch note from the weekly update on the 3 of Coins. So basically if you run strikes with ToC they work as before. If you kill in rapid succession like farming then your chances are slim. Not bad.
  • In accordance with forum prophecy, The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:
    • Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
    • When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before

Interesting patch note from the weekly update on the 3 of Coins. So basically if you run strikes with ToC they work as before. If you kill in rapid succession like farming then your chances are slim. Not bad.

• In accordance with forum prophecy
    , The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:
    • Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
    • When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before
Not bad at all. Pretty much what we said would happen. Make it so that is basically makes you run strikes to use. Wonder if/how it works with Court of Oryx ultras and stuff. Or do they not count?

Just pop a 3oC at the beginning of each strike and youre good. Plus with the added vanguard buff of continuous strikes without exiting to orbit.

Just pop a 3oC at the beginning of each strike and youre good. Plus with the added vanguard buff of continuous strikes without exiting to orbit.

Yea but i always run into these idiots who leave a strike as soon as we touch down. Now this wouldnt be a problem before ttk but these strikes are mad harder to two man or solo.

• In accordance with forum prophecy
    , The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:

Not bad at all. Pretty much what we said would happen. Make it so that is basically makes you run strikes to use. Wonder if/how it works with Court of Oryx ultras and stuff. Or do they not count?
Wouldn't that be rapid succession?

Back
Top Bottom