Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I maxed out my head piece that has the faster revive for me and teammates. Will be curious to see it this evening when we run. That and it says I will create more orbs and they will also heal me.

I def need to get a Gjallahorn as well. Do they really track like that too?! If that is the perk that the Truth rocket has then I will be happy with that one as well. Can't go wrong with a heavy & special from each damage type :nthat:

I mean you guys go arc if you have it. I'll keep my icebreaker for the wizards to get their shields off at least. I'm also thinking of using my Hard Light since I have the over-penetrating rounds on it so it might do damage to whoever is behind the first mob as well.

For heavy, I'll probably keep my void corrective measure since it has the perk to "find more ammo" and that is such a clutch perk.

Last edited:

I maxed out my head piece that has the faster revive for me and teammates. Will be curious to see it this evening when we run. That and it says I will create more orbs and they will also heal me.

I def need to get a Gjallahorn as well. Do they really track like that too?! If that is the perk that the Truth rocket has then I will be happy with that one as well. Can't go wrong with a heavy & special from each damage type
nthat.gif
I mean you guys go arc if you have it. I'll keep my icebreaker for the wizards to get their shields off at least. I'm also thinking of using my Hard Light since I have the over-penetrating rounds on it so it might do damage to whoever is behind the first mob as well.

For heavy, I'll probably keep my void corrective measure since it has the perk to "find more ammo" and that is such a clutch perk.
We guna need that titan shield of yours too. Guna run some bounties before the strike so I can get my Gjallerhorn at least to the next damage modifier before the Nightfall.

We guna need that titan shield of yours too. Guna run some bounties before the strike so I can get my Gjallerhorn at least to the next damage modifier before the Nightfall.

Definitely, pop the bubble for the 33% damage buff.

zero23 zero23 I always use gunslinger strictly for pve and bladedancer for pvp. That will be changing now depending on the circumstances.

YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS. GUNSLINGER IS EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED IN PVP, TO THE POINT WHERE I FEEL BUNGIE WILL NERF THAT CLASS IN THE FUTURE. GOLDEN GUN IS TOO PIMP. I HAVE THE EXOTIC HELM THAT GIVES AN EXTRA SHOT TO GOLDEN GUN AND IT'S A GUARANTEED 4 KILLS EVERY TIME I ACTIVATE IT. THE RANGE IS CRAZY TOO, ON THE MARS MAP FROM THE BETA, I CAN ONE SHOT PEOPLE STANDING OVER ON A CONTROL POINT FROM ON TOP OF B CONTROL POINT :smokin

IN A WAY I GUESS IT BALANCES OUT BECAUSE GUNSLINGER IS UNDERPOWERED IN PVE FOR SURE.

DAMN ARC BURN THIS WEEK? I'M PRETTY MUCH SCREWED. I MAY ONLY HAVE 1 WEAPON THAT DOES ARC DAMAGE. I'M HEAVY ON THE SOLAR AND VOID WEAPONS. :smh:

Last edited:

@Zero23 I always use gunslinger strictly for pve and bladedancer for pvp. That will be changing now depending on the circumstances.
YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS. GUNSLINGER IS EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED IN PVP, TO THE POINT WHERE I FEEL BUNGIE WILL NERF THAT CLASS IN THE FUTURE. GOLDEN GUN IS TOO PIMP. I HAVE THE EXOTIC HELM THAT GIVES AN EXTRA SHOT TO GOLDEN GUN AND IT'S A GUARANTEED 4 KILLS EVERY TIME I ACTIVATE IT. THE RANGE IS CRAZY TOO, ON THE MARS MAP FROM THE BETA, I CAN ONE SHOT PEOPLE STANDING OVER ON A CONTROL POINT FROM ON TOP OF B CONTROL POINT
smokin.gif

IN A WAY I GUESS IT BALANCES OUT BECAUSE GUNSLINGER IS UNDERPOWERED IN PVE FOR SURE.
Gunslinger is the biggest risk/reward super in the game. I hope they don't nerf it though. It takes a lot more skill to use gunslinger than the Titan Smash or the Warlock Void Bomb/Spam grenade. Had a titan friend who cried about how OP and easy it was to use Golden Gun. I told him he should try to use it sometime. He created a hunter for his alternate character and tried to use it and said by far it's easier to titan smash people than golden gun them. Personally I think all offense supers are OP, but they're fun to use so I can't complain too much. I've missed with the golden gun before only to be taken out easily. 

@@Zero23 I always use gunslinger strictly for pve and bladedancer for pvp. That will be changing now depending on the circumstances.

YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS. GUNSLINGER IS EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED IN PVP, TO THE POINT WHERE I FEEL BUNGIE WILL NERF THAT CLASS IN THE FUTURE. GOLDEN GUN IS TOO PIMP. I HAVE THE EXOTIC HELM THAT GIVES AN EXTRA SHOT TO GOLDEN GUN AND IT'S A GUARANTEED 4 KILLS EVERY TIME I ACTIVATE IT. THE RANGE IS CRAZY TOO, ON THE MARS MAP FROM THE BETA, I CAN ONE SHOT PEOPLE STANDING OVER ON A CONTROL POINT FROM ON TOP OF B CONTROL POINT
smokin.gif

Gunslinger is the biggest risk/reward super in the game. I hope they don't nerf it though. It takes a lot more skill to use gunslinger than the Titan Smash or the Warlock Void Bomb/Spam grenade. Had a titan friend who cried about how OP and easy it was to use Golden Gun. I told him he should try to use it sometime. He created a hunter for his alternate character and tried to use it and said by far it's easier to titan smash people than golden gun them. Personally I think all offense supers are OP, but they're fun to use so I can't complain too much. I've missed with the golden gun before only to be taken out easily. 
IT DEF IS A BIG RISK/REWARD BUT A LOT DEPENDS ON YOUR PLAY STYLE. I TEND TO HAVE AN "AREA OF EFFECT" PLAY STYLE MEANING I LIKE TO GUARD ZONES INSTEAD OF CARELESSLY RUNNING ALL AROUND THE MAP. GOLDEN GUN IS PERFECT FOR MY PLAY STYLE BECAUSE I DON'T GET INTO TOO MANY CLOSE RANGE FIGHTS.
I play the same way. I got good with the Golden Gun by using hand cannons. Now I don't miss anymore. Stay Mid/far range and pick off the shotgun/auto rifles with 2-3 shots from Thorn. Rinse and repeat.

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/72495"AREA OF EFFECT" PLAY STYLE MEANING I LIKE TO GUARD ZONES INSTEAD OF CARELESSLY RUNNING ALL AROUND THE MAP. GOLDEN GUN IS PERFECT FOR MY PLAY STYLE BECAUSE I DON'T GET INTO TOO MANY CLOSE RANGE FIGHTS.
I play the same way. I got good with the Golden Gun by using hand cannons. Now I don't miss anymore. Stay Mid/far range and pick off the shotgun/auto rifles with 2-3 shots from Thorn. Rinse and repeat.

I STILL NEED TO UNLOCK THE LINGERING DAMAGE ON THORN BEFORE I ATTEMPT TO USE IT IN PVP. ONCE I DO THOUGH IT WILL PROBABLY BE MY GO TO PVP GUN. RIGHT NOW I'M RUNNING WITH EITHER THE VEX MYTHOCLAST OR MY SHINGEN-E WHEN I STEP IN CRUCIBLE.

GOLDEN GUN CAN BE SO REWARDING. ONE SHOTTING A TITAN WHEN HE'S IN HIS GROUND SLAM SUPER ANIMATION OR ONE SHOTTING A BLADEDANCER COMING RIGHT AT YOU. I LOVE TO ACTIVATE GOLDEN GUN WHEN THEY ARE HEADING RIGHT FOR ME AND WATCH THEM QUICKLY HIT THAT U-TURN AND THEN CATCH IT IN THE BACK :lol:

Made it through the Raid for the first time last night. Went to bed at almost 5 AM :smh: :lol: **** was fun as hell though.

@Biggie62

@WrightOne86  

We better not get this kinda drop tonight for the Nightfall...
Lmao, I would cry.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I did see another one where 2 got legendaries and the other guy got 10 strange coins from this week's nightfall. They better not have made the nice items drop rate lower or something.

The other video I watched was 2 legendaries and an exotic titan helm though.

That BS up there in unacceptable though
laugh.gif

@Biggie62

@WrightOne86

THOSE SHARDS WOULD BE A GOD SEND FOR ME. I WOULD GLADLY TAKE THAT.
Lol, I'm sitting on 40+ shards because the damn raid won't give me raid gear and only gives me weapons and shards. Also the daily keeps giving me them too. Same with Strange Coins. I need Energy/Raid Armor.

@Biggie62

@WrightOne86

View media item 1226874

Lol, I'm sitting on 40+ shards because the damn raid won't give me raid gear and only gives me weapons and shards. Also the daily keeps giving me them too. Same with Strange Coins. I need Energy/Raid Armor.

I'M THE OPPOSITE, I HAVE TONS OF WEAPONS AND ARMOR THAT ARE STARVING FOR ENERGY AND SHARDS. GOT MOST UPGRADES UNLOCKED ALREADY, JUST NEED THE SHARDS OR ENERGY TO UPGRADE LEVEL UP

@Biggie62

@WrightOne86  

Lmao, I would cry.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I did see another one where 2 got legendaries and the other guy got 10 strange coins from this week's nightfall. They better not have made the nice items drop rate lower or something.

The other video I watched was 2 legendaries and an exotic titan helm though.

That BS up there in unacceptable though
laugh.gif
Hey that sounds familiar, except I only got 7 last week. 
roll.gif
frown.gif

With my luck though, I'll end up with 5 strange coins. Only because RNGesus hates me for reasons unknown.

@Biggie62

@WrightOne86

I'M THE OPPOSITE, I HAVE TONS OF WEAPONS AND ARMOR THAT ARE STARVING FOR ENERGY AND SHARDS. GOT MOST UPGRADES UNLOCKED ALREADY, JUST NEED THE SHARDS OR ENERGY TO UPGRADE LEVEL UP
A good way to get shards too is to build up vanguard/crucible marks and then buy armor from them and break them down. This is assuming you've unlocked both to level 2 and 3 for weapons. I did that a few weeks ago to get to level 29. Also doing duplicate exotic bounties and then breaking them down. It's happened to me 3+ times. And by far the most effective is getting bad luck in the raid and getting shards/energy over and over again. I wish I was in your position. You've got the hard part out of the way having all armor/weapons you need.

Hey that sounds familiar, except I only got 7 last week. 
roll.gif
frown.gif

With my luck though, I'll end up with 5 strange coins. Only because RNGesus hates me for reasons unknown.
As soon as I saw the rewards, I instantly thought of you last week
laugh.gif

With my luck, it will be me this week that gets the crap RNG like that though
I ATE THOSE ALL UP ALREADY WITH MY LAST ROUND OF UPGRADES. I NEED TO FARM PUBLIC EVENTS AGAIN TODAY AFTER I RUN THE DAILY, NIGHTFALL AND HEROIC STRIKES.
Yea I feel you on that. Upgrading stuff isn't cheap at all. Makes you pick and choose what you want to actually upgrade first.

I really wish Xur sold shards/energy for strange coins. Like a 3 or 6 pack for 5 strange coins or something.

Back
Top Bottom