DESUS and MERO

Not liking the new format. The nightly show on Vice was way better. It allowed them to be a lot funnier and now them trying to do skits is bad. They’re so great off the cuff. That’s what made them. This weekly show takes that away. Still hoping it finds its lane but right now I’m disappointed.

I think one of the benefits of the nightly show was that it concealed their weaker jokes because there was more content. One half hour show a week means that everything has to be on point, there can be no room for error. I also understand that working 4 days isn't ideal for them which is why I think doing two days or making the show one hour would be better. I also think the audience has to go, there's too many awkward pauses. But not before I attend a taping tho.

Not liking the new format. The nightly show on Vice was way better. It allowed them to be a lot funnier and now them trying to do skits is bad. They’re so great off the cuff. That’s what made them. This weekly show takes that away. Still hoping it finds its lane but right now I’m disappointed.

Late night talk shows are a lot of work, and it's harder when the show is once a week. When you do 4 or 5 shows a week, you can try more material and see what works and what doesn't, which is why the show worked really well on Viceland.

There's a few choices/things I'm not a huge fan of with the current format, like I believe the audience needs to be much smaller. One of the great things about the Viceland show was that the audience was just the crew members. There's a ton of room for growth though since the show is still brand new.

Last edited:
Good ep.

They be putting up on news I don't usually get anywhere else :lol:

Last edited:
They lost me with the showtime move.

Slowed down on listening to the pod too.

Mero > desus tho. Mero is free flowing, light hearted and it works.

Desus comes off like a prick @ times...

The pod good money with me. Victor actually talking more often now as well. Dunno about showtime tho tbh, that Melo episode looked litty

Ep 154: Is a Fraud

The Brand is Strong! The Bronx's very own Desus Nice & THE KID MERO aka the Bodega Boys are giving you their irreverent yet hilarious takes on all things pop culture. Live from the Milk Studios jam room! This week: Rosh Hashanah, Nosotros Night Club, Calling your **** properly Sex toys for dogs, Fake sneakers, Bodega Boys ambassadors, Avengers, N*gga Nova, and more!

http://podbay.fm/show/1039621715/e/1554739143?autostart=1

Showtime D&M is a hit or miss lately but I still rock with the podcast every week

they might have been doing better with 2 shows a week, 30 mins per week doesn't give them a lot of room.

podcast is still hilarious tho

Back
Top Bottom