Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

Reading up on this….show runner wants more seasons with Harrison

no-no-thanks.gif

Kind of what I expected. Would’ve worked better in the OG series finale.
Yup the back end of this season was Dexter at its worst…We all knew where this was going they ain’t even have to come back for it :lol: :smh:

Harrison on the run for life is the best ending I guess :lol:

**** Harrison, man. He ****ed the money by coming around and messing with Dexter’s flow. His presence and attitude had Dex preoccupied and moving sloppy.

Also, Harrison was cutting kids and breaking arms of innocent folks but wanted to act all sel-righteous with his pops? FOH. Dexter never should have let him in when he first showed up and definitely shouldn’t have turned his back to him in the woods at the end. You know chumps like that are going to take the shot.

Wanted to see Dexter living that Hollywood life|l

I told Dexter he should’ve offed that stupid kid :smh: Kids been there 5 minutes but had this deep bond with “coach” lol I guess this is better then Dexter faking his death but man I’m a little disappointed.

All the way out on this.

I can see Dexter killing Logan. He altered Harry’s Code in the OG show. If he has to kill someone to get away with his crimes because his back is against the wall, then he’ll do it. But it was just a bit predictable. Especially since it was obvious from the beginning that they were trying to make up for the OG series finale. I just didn’t see Dex surviving again. A Harrison series would be lame. He’s not interesting and it reeks of Dexter Lite from a teenage angle. No thanx.

I would think so since it's only a season finale. I think the title is a given, New Blood which is Harrison. I can only guess that Dexter would be Harrison's code or conscience. other than that, prefer this ending over the crappy Season 8.

Harrison is not interesting at all.
I'll give it a chance. besides, when the OG Dexter first came out, I wasn't expecting anything of it. it would depend on the show writers to make an interesting storyline.

Need them to do a time jump where Harrison is an out of work alcoholic in his late 20s who’s been fighting off these urges and the same time feeling extremely guilty for killing his father. with his life in the dumps he turns to his daddy’s code to give his life some sort of purpose after witnessing a crime. Dexter the dark passenger. We get a new actor not this stupid kid. Harrison witnesses a crime. He stalks the perp. Gets evidence he fits the code and boom! Gets his first kill on his table.

Harrison seems like his main weapon would be a gun or that Trinity Killer switchblade though.

How did Dexter "end" in the books?

That's gonna get cancelled.

Unless they recast Harrison or recast and we meet up with him as an adult.

Plus I just don't feel it's justified cuz Dexter told the truth to Harrison and "taught" him the code for a few days. While Harry was with Dex for multiple years to really ingrain it in to him.

This post reminded me that I have the books.

I read the first few and need to finish the rest.

Summary in
After the events of the previous book, Dexter is accused of murdering Rita and molestingAstor. The Miami-Dade Police Departmentdoes all it can to pin the crimes on Dexter, even resorting to falsifying evidence. Deborahdecides to cut ties with Dexter, refusing to help him as a way to punish him for his past crimes and also demanding custody of his children. Only Masuoka is working to clear Dexter's name, with no success. Brian bails Dexter out of jail and gets him a lawyer, but is being targeted by a Mexican drug cartel he had previously stolen money from. The cartel tries to kill Dexter multiple times to get to Brian.

Deborah reluctantly contacts Dexter to inform him his kids have been kidnapped, which leads to a fragile reconciliation. Dexter manages to set up a meeting with Detective Anderson and some of Raul's thugs to get him killed, which happens, though not before he manages to kill his attackers, leaving Dexter with no one to interrogate. Eventually they find out that their lawyer was supplying Raul with Dexter's intel, which makes them ambush, kill him and all the cartel's members who followed Frank, save for one, who is taken by the brothers to a secluded warehouse, where he is brutally interrogated to get the kids' location and to satisfy their urges in the process.

Once Dexter's children are located, Brian, Deborah, and Dexter team up, break onto Raul's yacht, and take the kids back. Deborah takes the kids away, but Brian is killed by a bomb he himself planted and Dexter is severely wounded by it followed a gunshot from Raul himself and a stomp onto his wound. After Deborah returns to kill Raul in time, Dexter stays on the yacht to set another bomb so there's no evidence left. Dexter sets it up and goes to leave the ship to be rescued by Debra in his boat. Gravely weakened from blood loss, Dexter manages to jump off the yacht before it explodes, losing consciousness while sinking into the sea.

I read the the first few books and even got a signed copy of one of them. Not sure what I did to get that in the mail lol but recently I went back and read the rest of the books summaries and man the books were so outlandish

You guys should read the summaries. I was sitting there like damn the show was so much better even with the lumberjack ending lol

Drug Cartels, kidnapping, molestation, bombs, etc

Imagine the show with all that going on :lol:
I feel like you can’t be talking about Dexter but unfortunately I know you are. Now I’m wondering how they got this show from the book. Must have just taken only the kidnapping element :lol:

The show first season and the the first book are almost identical. Can’t remember after that.

I think I did a survey on showtime for the chance to win a signed copy of whatever new book was coming out and sure enough I got one in the mail 🤣 I got a Dexter bobble head somewhere in storage too lol

Got the OG NT hat in that same box now that I think of it. Gonna have to check that out one of these days

The show first season and the the first book are almost identical. Can’t remember after that.

I think I did a survey on showtime for the chance to win a signed copy of whatever new book was coming out and sure enough I got one in the mail 🤣 I got a Dexter bobble head somewhere in storage too lol

Yea I read the first 2 books, felt pretty true to the show. Looks like the writer went for the cash grab
2nd to last book “dexters final cut”. Last book? Dexter is dead haha…..time for another book….dexter is back lol

If only Logan cooperated :smh:

On another note, Harrison is so undeserving. He says he's ****ed up cuz of Dexter but he clearly has his own angry white kid problems.

Summary in
After the events of the previous book, Dexter is accused of murdering Rita and molestingAstor. The Miami-Dade Police Departmentdoes all it can to pin the crimes on Dexter, even resorting to falsifying evidence. Deborahdecides to cut ties with Dexter, refusing to help him as a way to punish him for his past crimes and also demanding custody of his children. Only Masuoka is working to clear Dexter's name, with no success. Brian bails Dexter out of jail and gets him a lawyer, but is being targeted by a Mexican drug cartel he had previously stolen money from. The cartel tries to kill Dexter multiple times to get to Brian.

Deborah reluctantly contacts Dexter to inform him his kids have been kidnapped, which leads to a fragile reconciliation. Dexter manages to set up a meeting with Detective Anderson and some of Raul's thugs to get him killed, which happens, though not before he manages to kill his attackers, leaving Dexter with no one to interrogate. Eventually they find out that their lawyer was supplying Raul with Dexter's intel, which makes them ambush, kill him and all the cartel's members who followed Frank, save for one, who is taken by the brothers to a secluded warehouse, where he is brutally interrogated to get the kids' location and to satisfy their urges in the process.

Once Dexter's children are located, Brian, Deborah, and Dexter team up, break onto Raul's yacht, and take the kids back. Deborah takes the kids away, but Brian is killed by a bomb he himself planted and Dexter is severely wounded by it followed a gunshot from Raul himself and a stomp onto his wound. After Deborah returns to kill Raul in time, Dexter stays on the yacht to set another bomb so there's no evidence left. Dexter sets it up and goes to leave the ship to be rescued by Debra in his boat. Gravely weakened from blood loss, Dexter manages to jump off the yacht before it explodes, losing consciousness while sinking into the sea.

That first paragraph is INSANE :lol:

The kids are still around. Accused of molestation? Accused of murdering Rita. Plus drug cartels?

Interesting that Brian is still alive in the books.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom