Dez Bryant arrested after beating his own mother

Either way, it doesn't justify him beating up his own mother.

Beating up? She told the dispatcher she didn't have any injuries. Clothes torn, but no physical injuries.

What's the full situation about his mom in the past though? I've heard some stuff that she's been a handful for Bryant, similar to

Dez's pops whored her out. She had him at 14 fam. Not to mention 2 convictions of selling drugs in 97 and 09, 1 conviction of supplying false info to police in 08...

Talk about terrible parents. I'm sure she's 100% innocent here.

+Dez+Bryant+s+mother++

She's 37 and looks like that! It's obvious she had a rough @+* life.

SMH @ Dez

But lets let this play out before we rush to judgement. Hate to say it but the fact his mom is a lowlife herself it raises questions in my head about how much of this is actually 100% accurate

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Police said the Lufkin native grabbed his mother by the T-shirt, causing it and her bra to tear, according to police documents. She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.

This exact thing happens everyday in America, and not getting slapped with a fitted either.
laugh.gif

Probably not the first time she got slapped.

Call me insensitive, but I don't pity this kind of stuff when it happens all the damn time all across the world. It ain't murder. And even if it was, you know how many people are murdered everyday? ~40 murders a day in the US.

Getting murdered is wrong. Getting raped is wrong. Racism is wrong. Child hunger is wrong. There's a lot of things wrong in this world. Hitting your mother is wrong as well. Wrong is wrong.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Beating up? She told the dispatcher she didn't have any injuries. Clothes torn, but no physical injuries.

Doesn't matter. Who the hell attacks their mom?

indifferent.gif
@ the damn thread title.......bit of a stretch don't you think?

Regarding the story, its already a no no to put hands on a female, so its a DEFINITE no no with moms....damn dez %!!
30t6p3b.gif

Thats a tricky situation man. I had a friend in HS who's moms was on some other stuff. She had him when she was like 20 or 21 and was bout that party life afterwards, dude was having to do stuff no kid should have to do. Therefore, I can wrap my mind around this.

Didnt Dez go off on some guy at the combine interview for asking if his mom was a prostitute?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by AG 47

Doesn't matter. Who the hell attacks their mom?

You were there? How do you know the full situation to accurately assess blame? His mom is a known crack user...what if drugs were involved here? What if she was using that day and Dez intervened, physically? Still the same to you?

Police said the Lufkin native grabbed his mother by the T-shirt, causing it and her bra to tear, according to police documents. She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.
This exact thing happens everyday in America, and not getting slapped with a fitted either.
laugh.gif

Probably not the first time she got slapped.

Call me insensitive, but I don't pity this kind of stuff when it happens all the damn time all across the world. It ain't murder. And even if it was, you know how many people are murdered everyday? ~40 murders a day in the US.
Getting murdered is wrong. Getting raped is wrong. Racism is wrong. Child hunger is wrong. There's a lot of things wrong in this world. Hitting your mother is wrong as well. Wrong is wrong.
Told Bhz this same thing. I didn't mean to sound like there aren't issues with what Bryant did. It was wrong, and it's not like I'm cool with someone doing that, but severity is the issue that I bring up.

Getting a hit with a baseball cap, and getting murdered. Both happen every day, all the time. We only hearing about this because Dez is famous.

It's like the missing children that America likes to focus on one for a few damn months, but there's new missing children everyday. The media just likes to focus on one in particular. Yawn.

An athlete brushes up against the law and it gets reported. It's been this way since the beginning of time, though.

An athlete brushes up against the law and it gets reported. It's been this way since the beginning of time, though.
It's the way it is, but it doesn't mean I gotta act like I ain't ever heard of someone beating on their moms though.

Like I said, definitely wrong, but what about Jessica Tran being raped right now in San Jose by her pops, or James Francis beating his kids down in Florida?

%@#$ happens, she got hit and they got some issues.

It's the way it is, but it doesn't mean I gotta act like I ain't ever heard of someone beating on their moms though.

Like I said, definitely wrong, but what about Jessica Tran being raped right now in San Jose by her pops, or James Francis beating his kids down in Florida?

Nobody in this thread is expecting anybody to act in any sort of way. You're the one coming into this thread saying 'meh.' Which is fine. But I'm pretty sure everybody on NT knows there's terrible things going on in the world every second that passes.

I'd wait for the full story. I bet the same people jumping on Dez without the full story wanted Precious to smack her mom with a frying pan.

"It had previously been known that Angela Bryant was convicted for selling crack cocaine in 1997 and served 18 months in prison.

Lufkin, Texas, police records acquired by ESPN on Monday show that she also was arrested in April 2009 after she was caught selling crack cocaine to police informants. In August, she was found guilty of two felony counts for possession of a controlled substance and the manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, and she was sentenced to 10 years' probation."

As I think about this more, I have a funny feeling that this definitely involves her [consistent] drug abuse. People say that "Dez needs to stay away from trouble." Ugh, he was in the home of his mother; a home that she's only in because of him. Being that his mother seems to be a headcase, as easy as it is for me to say since I'm not in his situation, he might have to sever ties with her and any other family members that can get him into trouble.

Nobody in this thread is expecting anybody to act in any sort of way. You're the one coming into this thread saying 'meh.' Which is fine. But I'm pretty sure everybody on NT knows there's terrible things going on in the world every second that passes.

Yeah, I'm really not understanding where JA is coming from with his statements AT ALL.

As for Dez, I'll wait for more info before commenting.

As I think about this more, I have a funny feeling that this definitely involves her [consistent] drug abuse. P

Bingo. People see a name, think of their history and lose all perspective.

I'll reserve judgment until all the details are released to the public. At OK State the coaching staff was constantly concerned about the mother's proximity and relationship with Dez. Family is family, but maybe a little distance for the pro receiver wouldn't hurt. It pains me to hear the way Dezzie's spending on a rookie contract. He hasn't quite played well or consistent enough to warrant the monster second contract he likely desires. Off the field issues will not help with future potential suitors. I'm still rooting for Dez though, he has top-5 WR talent. 
Will Justin Blackmon have a better pro career than Dez Bryant? 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I'll reserve judgment until all the details are released to the public. At OK State the coaching staff was constantly concerned about the mother's proximity and relationship with Dez. Family is family, but maybe a little distance for the pro receiver wouldn't hurt. It pains me to hear the way Dezzie's spending on a rookie contract. He hasn't quite played well or consistent enough to warrant the monster second contract he likely desires. Off the field issues will not help with future potential suitors. I'm still rooting for Dez though, he has top-5 WR talent. 
Will Justin Blackmon have a better pro career than Dez Bryant? 

IF he cuts back on the alcohol 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom