Dez Bryant arrested after beating his own mother

Originally Posted by toine2983

Good looks on that article SneakerHeathen.

I knew Dez's upbringing wasn't ideal, but yikes.
30t6p3b.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if his mother isn't blameless in all this mess, but he should've never laid hands on her. The media is already having a field day with this.

I think it would be in Dez's best interest to sever ties with his mother.

This. 
At least for some measure of peace in his life. As hard as that may be for him to distance himself from his mother, I've found that some people don't want to change. It's not that they can't change, but some people really believe they're not at fault. There's an excuse and justification for everything they're doing at the end of the day, they're never going to change.

Not even for their own child.

The last thing he needs to do is further subject himself to the same patterns of abuse and destruction. He's already been caught up in his fair share of nonsense, but I honestly feel that if he cuts off all the negative influences in his life and instead surrounds himself by people who truly love and understand him (not groupies and fake %#! !#@@++# homies) he'll find peace and stability.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Dez needs to grow up then, and cut all ties from his mom. Why put himself in shady situations? Either compose yourself around your mom and accept she is who she is, OR, say nah. I got a career. A team that depends on me, I don't need this in my life until you straighten up. This assuming his mom did anything wrong in the first place. Even then, you gotta have better judgement.

ya cause thats so easy
grin.gif

The lack of stability started early for Bryant, who was born in 1988 when Angela was 15 and his father, MacArthur Hatton, was in his early 40s.

Jesus. I'm not sure if ya'll realize just how deep the situation really is.

And you're not about to just "sever ties" with your mom, especially when she had him at 14 and even with the ups and downs, she's been the only in his life. They're so close together in age that I wouldn't be surprised if he considers her his best friend.

Most of ya'll came from bubblegum upbringings, never been abused, never been scapegoated for their shortcomings, never went through %%+% (i'm sure there are a few who can relate). Why is SHE the victim in all this? He cant be allowed a temporary lapse in judgement? He can't be mad? He can't be angry? $@*+ all of you that are judging him, go $@*+ yourselves forreal. Ya'll don't know what he had to go through to get to where he's at, ya'll can't **$$%!! relate to being abused. I don't even want to hear any of your half-assed rebuttals either. If you're just going to judge him before understanding all the facts then your opinion is irrelevant.

ZnqQ5.gif

he has gotta learn to control himself or he will end up broke, in jail and out of the league. how he was brought up is no excuse. he is a grown man now making millions of dollars and he does not live in the hood anymore. plenty of people make it out of the hood and bad upbringings to be successful and stay out of trouble, why cant he do the same???

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

What is there to make sense of? What judgement is there to reserve? Dez Bryant has, and will be (for the foreseeable future), a savage.

Stop with all the excuses and hope that he can change his life. It needs doin'.
Thats so entirely unfair for you to pigeonhole him like that.
THIS is why abused young men don't have a chance, society just expects all males to be stoic about this sort of $*!*. Ah it happened, the past in the past, You're here now, act accordingly. Oh you're mom is still a crack $%$$#? She is still abusive (if not mentally, then her use definitely takes an emotional and mental toll on him, SHE CHOOSES DRUGS OVER HIM). That's okay, you're a millionaire!!! Like money washes away all the years of suffering he's been through, like as if he's in a better place mentally and emotionally. Can you guys even begin to fathom what he's feeling? 

Some of you guys posting, I'd expect ignorance, others....

I'm disappointed. SMH NT....
Dude, shutup. Don't try to justify Dez as a victim. I've known many a dude with a situation lesser, the same, and worse than Dez, that have all chosen a much better path despite upbringing. Some people get it...Some people don't. By the way...I've know many people just like Dez. Trouble always around their way. Sometimes it isn't justified. Most of the time, it is. Why would I blame any mental incapabilities on someone else, let alone why  you would try to do the same for a stranger. Some of us are crucifying this "stranger" while you do the same to those who are critiquing. 
ElPablo was right. Every rule does have an exception...But that exception is exclusive to a single incident or occasion normally. Dez has demonstrated nothing but an incapacity to comprehend +++@. It could come out tomorrow that his mom pulled a gun on him and maybe I'd feel some remorse about my words, but in the end...This dude is a dummy and always will be. Why the %*## do I need to give him and others a pass on society norms just cause they grew up "bad."
laugh.gif

Ignorance is bliss and to the both of us lies the example of why judging is in the eye of the beholder and shouldn't be left to guys like you and I...Separate field with being because these guys stay disappointing. But hey...Who am I to judge?

Originally Posted by BadaBing

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

What is there to make sense of? What judgement is there to reserve? Dez Bryant has, and will be (for the foreseeable future), a savage.

Stop with all the excuses and hope that he can change his life. It needs doin'.
Thats so entirely unfair for you to pigeonhole him like that.
THIS is why abused young men don't have a chance, society just expects all males to be stoic about this sort of $*!*. Ah it happened, the past in the past, You're here now, act accordingly. Oh you're mom is still a crack $%$$#? She is still abusive (if not mentally, then her use definitely takes an emotional and mental toll on him, SHE CHOOSES DRUGS OVER HIM). That's okay, you're a millionaire!!! Like money washes away all the years of suffering he's been through, like as if he's in a better place mentally and emotionally. Can you guys even begin to fathom what he's feeling? 

Some of you guys posting, I'd expect ignorance, others....

I'm disappointed. SMH NT....
Dude, shutup. Don't try to justify Dez as a victim. I've known many a dude with a situation lesser, the same, and worse than Dez, that have all chosen a much better path despite upbringing. Some people get it...Some people don't. By the way...I've know many people just like Dez. Trouble always around their way. Sometimes it isn't justified. Most of the time, it is. Why would I blame any mental incapabilities on someone else, let alone why  you would try to do the same for a stranger. Some of us are crucifying this "stranger" while you do the same to those who are critiquing. 
ElPablo was right. Every rule does have an exception...But that exception is exclusive to a single incident or occasion normally. Dez has demonstrated nothing but an incapacity to comprehend +++@. It could come out tomorrow that his mom pulled a gun on him and maybe I'd feel some remorse about my words, but in the end...This dude is a dummy and always will be. Why the %*## do I need to give him and others a pass on society norms just cause they grew up "bad."
laugh.gif

Ignorance is bliss and to the both of us lies the example of why judging is in the eye of the beholder and shouldn't be left to guys like you and I...Separate field with being because these guys stay disappointing. But hey...Who am I to judge?
He should of avoided the situation but again until we know all the details why is he being labeled guilty until proven innocent?
We don't even know all the details yet. 

From what I have read in the past, Dez's mom is not exactly a model citizen herself. Makes sense why Dez cant seem to behave himself. Normally I would call him a scumbag, but I feel like there is more to this than meets the eye. I'll reserve judgement for now

Originally Posted by franchise3

Dez needs to grow up then, and cut all ties from his mom. Why put himself in shady situations? Either compose yourself around your mom and accept she is who she is, OR, say nah. I got a career. A team that depends on me, I don't need this in my life until you straighten up. This assuming his mom did anything wrong in the first place. Even then, you gotta have better judgement.
All this.

When stories like this arise, we can always tell the individuals on here that don't know what they are talking about, grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth, or have no business speaking on things related to the hood.  Did you guys actually read the story.  The mom with hit with a baseball cap, that's a far cry from the media propaganda headline of Dez Bryant "ATTACKING his mother".  The media puts a hyped story out there and you dudes fall for the banana in the tailpipe, not realizing his mothers past and going for the hype of "another" black Dallas Cowboys superstar getting in trouble with the law
eyes.gif

For all we know his mother might have been doing crack as he arrived at the house and maybe Dez knocked the drugs out of her hands, or something along those lines.  Drug addicts usual dont have all their bearings together so she might have called the cops and tried to play the victim in all this.  Either way, these are suggestions or ideas for all of us to think about before folks lable someone as "scum" or "scumbag".  Just goes to show that most of the dudes in here that are pointing the finger and blame at Dez are mostly likely FRAUDS themselves. 

She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.

Looks like Dez is to blame for this one...

One day after it came to light that Dez Bryant was arrested for allegedly assaulting his mother, a longtime adviser said the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver regrets the trouble he has caused.

"He's very remorseful," the adviser, David Wells, told the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. "He loves his mom to death. And that's about it. No one wants to be in a situation like this. No one wants to go to jail."

Angela Bryant ran to Wells' house before making her 911 call Saturday. Wells -- who says Bryant and his mother are "always communicating" -- spoke in platitudes when asked how Bryant can avoid issues in the future.

Rest of article in link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...cident-with-mother?module=HP11_headline_stack

I'm sure whatever mental issues he has stems from his upbringing...but this isn't a good look at all. Remember, Deion Sanders of all people cut him loose.

*edit*

Strong words from ex-Cowboy, Drew Pearson:

Pearson expressed empathy for Bryant, born to a single teenage mother who served an 18-month prison sentence on a charge of dealing crack cocaine during his childhood. However, Pearson added that he's "tired of people talking about (Bryant is) a kid," and that NFL players are required to have an accelerated maturation process.

"That (upbringing) kind of shapes Dez and who he is, but he's risen above it in so many instances," Pearson said. "There's so many things he rose above despite the dysfunctional family.

"We're all left with excuses some kind of way. If we use those excuses to be held back, then we're missing the point. Those should be used as motivation."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...pearson-michael-irvin-weigh-dez-bryant-arrest

Last edited:
As a Cowboys fan, I don't even know what to say. SMH

As some of y'all, I want to know more details, Especially after hearing that 911 call.

He's wrong for putting his hands on his mom like that... At the same time, she's no saint either & has a past. Not making excuses for him, but it should be known.

not surprised, this dude is a punk and wants to be pacman or somethin. he needs to get his ish together if he wants to last in the NFL

I dont see why people are making excuses for Dez. We have seen the little instances before where he has got in minor trouble, but now the law is involved. His mother might not be a saint, She probably does have some things messed up with her, but with that being said, if Dez knows that, then he should be avoiding those kind of situations. Your mom is a crack head? Well then stay away from her. Call her on the phone instead of dropping by the house. The guy is 23 years old, stop making excuses for him. Plus, I dont care what your mom did, you dont lay hands on her. Period.

Guys just because Dez says he regrets the situation, still, let's wait for the whole story to come out. Yeah, ok.. How do you Dez supporters feel now? It was wrong, but she didn't get attacked THAT bad... Right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom