Did anyone catch Evil Genius on Netflix?

acecd85007cb7e487e5cdeb24af37b4d.jpg

There was a little discussion in the Netflix thread, but I thought this documentary deserved it's own. It's a very quick watch - 4 episodes, but it's riveting TV. Even after finishing, I have SO many questions. Every character introduced in this documentary is shady. I don't know if there will be a S2, or what direction the show would go in, but I just hope the director can piece together more clues to get some answers.

I 10000% believe that Brian Wells agreed to be part of the heist. My sole reason being how he was nonchalant in the bank and casually eating a lollipop while in there. He probably just never knew that the bomb on his neck was real.

Speaking of the bomb...that explosion footage :wow: I wasn't expecting to see that...literally left my jaw on the floor.

This is probably one of the few shows where it seems concrete what happened based on what was given. She was the mastermind.

Haven't watched it yet but it's on my list. Heard some good things about it

Subbed for discussion when i end up watch it :lol:

Watched it.

Lowkey agree with you. That nonchalent **** is too much. Also agree that he didn't know the bomb was real as the other people said it wasn't suppose to be real in the first place.

The plan overall was stupid but they were smart in the way they handled the police and the interviews (margerie was interviewed for so long and never contradicted herself over years, that's crazy). She just got sloppy with the other inmates which is just careless

Watched it.

Lowkey agree with you. That nonchalent **** is too much. Also agree that he didn't know the bomb was real as the other people said it wasn't suppose to be real in the first place.

The plan overall was stupid but they were smart in the way they handled the police and the interviews (margerie was interviewed for so long and never contradicted herself over years, that's crazy). She just got sloppy with the other inmates which is just careless

MDA was definitely a manipulator. She was masterful at playing mind-games with people. Even in the interviews with the FBI or the director, no matter how heated she got, she NEVER implicated herself. The only time, like you said, when she would kind of let her guard down was when she was dealing with the prostitute that was friends with Wells. She HATED that woman...probably because she knew things from speaking with Wells. MDA had all those men wrapped around her finger. Crazy track record with all the deaths of guys who were involved with her. Rothstein was the only one who managed to live, but this could be because he was every bit as smart as her. If there is a season 2, it sucks that both MDA and Rothstein are dead, because I would love to her more accounts from them regarding this case.

Reactions: jjs
Started watching last night, could have finished it at work today but wanted to watch the last episode in the comfort of my bed.
Really dope series, kind of on par with Making A Murderer, but of course a whole different story and it doesn’t drag. Four episodes, & it was perfect. After tonight I’ll have to figure out what’s my next series to watch!

This is probably one of the few shows where it seems concrete what happened based on what was given. She was the mastermind.
While I agree, it was her idea. I feel the dude def had his hand, created the bomb. Check. His Van used. Check. He needed 250k. Check.

episode 4 aint even worth the watch save your time lol

it was an interesting watch tho, I have heard about this back then but never really paid any attention to it. So this was on my radar to watch

i as well believe he had a role in it, he just didnt think it would of been an actual bomb

homie gave himself up soon as cops seen the note saying "this has nothing to do with brian wells case"

Crazy show. MDA was crazy and it was amazing how she had the dudes wrapped on her finger, and even had some mysteriously die on her.

I personally do think Brian was part of the plan, but he was not supposed to be the one to wear the bomb. I think they all were going to set up that other guy that worked at the pizza store but something happened, and of course they then put it in Brian, which is why he was so shocked when they were in the vacant lot behind the dudes house. I do not know why he was so "jolly" in the bank, but of course everyone is dead so we can't know the complete truth. But I also feel like they dropped coverage on the other pizza store worker, he just randomly dies a couple days later?

Man's was too relaxed, grabbed a lollipop and robbed a bank. Didn't think he knew the bomb was real until it started beeping.

Even sent him on a scavenger hunt for his next clue because they knew he enjoyed them. Super weird situation all around. MDA blowing cats away with shotguns and having them somehow die on her is wild, I just knew I was gonna have nightmares after seeing her face. Shorty had a legit mean mug. Them yuggums tho :evil:

"no. 1 white girl" signature had me dying...

but i do think brian wells knew something...they were all crazy as **** though...

episode 4 aint even worth the watch save your time lol

it was an interesting watch tho, I have heard about this back then but never really paid any attention to it. So this was on my radar to watch

i as well believe he had a role in it, he just didnt think it would of been an actual bomb

homie gave himself up soon as cops seen the note saying "this has nothing to do with brian wells case"

Bro, u buggin'...the interview w/ the hooker shed A LOT of light on the scheme.

Everyone involved were a bunch of backwoods, dumb as rocks, mentally ill, lowlifes.

Dude lived at his parents house his whole life. 46 year old dude working as a part time pizza delivery guy, banging the ugliest prostitutes I've ever seen in my life. Marjorie bumming money off her parents her whole life, then killing husbands for money, but then lives in a house that basically looks like a hot soup kitchen used by dirty mike and the boys to do gangbangs.

Not one intelligent thing was done throughout the entire ordeal, by any person involved. Can't believe they are being portrayed as masterminds, genius's, and savants :smh:

I watched it. Not sure where "genius" comes into the equation. They were a bunch of white trash, mentally ill, drug addicted, f**k ups that stole $8,000 of their $250,000 target from the bank but then couldn't even retrieve it.

The documentary was intriguing nonentheless.

Everyone involved were a bunch of backwoods, dumb as rocks, mentally ill, lowlifes.

Dude lived at his parents house his whole life. 46 year old dude working as a part time pizza delivery guy, banging the ugliest prostitutes I've ever seen in my life. Marjorie bumming money off her parents her whole life, then killing husbands for money, but then lives in a house that basically looks like a hot soup kitchen used by dirty mike and the boys to do gangbangs.

Not one intelligent thing was done throughout the entire ordeal, by any person involved. Can't believe they are being portrayed as masterminds, genius's, and savants :smh:

Repped for the dirty mike and the boys reference :lol:

Just finished. The whole investigation was a farce. How is a coconspirator a free man back in society like nothing happened? A lot of things were laughable in this especially the constant references to intelligence bc ole girl had her masters >D

The character study of the whack pack was more interesting than the actual investigation.

Back
Top Bottom