Did anyone hear Jaws say Adrian Peterson COULD be the best RB of All-Time?

Frank Gore is rolling over in his grave.

So is Brett Favre, since he's the all-time GOAT in every position ever.

p1_sanders.jpg

I think he misspoke a little bit... was trying to say something like, on pace to be one of the greatest... i don't know, i heard it too and thought itsounded like he meant something else, because yeah that's a ballsy thing to say at this point.

Do I think AP seems like he's got that kind of ability? Yeah, I do. He's had two of the most impressive seasons for a young back that I've seen inmaybe my lifetime... but it's way too early to make that kind of statement I think, you can question it... but to outright say it is odd.

I dont think his running style will allow him to be healthy enough to be the greatest.

He'll be lucky to have #'s as good as Edgerrin James.

Give him time. A lot of people were saying the same thing about LT and look at him now...

I take anything this guy says with a grain of salt. Hell he was talking about passes only Favre could make, but these comments were on 10 yard out routes downthe sideline. Pretty sure you watch any game in the NFL and you will see at least 6 of the throws per game. In the end they are media and work for espn, theyare going to glorify whoever they can because that is what the media does, they jump on someones jock and ride them hard. In the end he won't be the bestof all-time, that belongs to Barry Sanders and always will. To think he retired early due to a dispute witht he owners, had a good 3-4 years at least left dueto the fact he hardly ever took big hits, and still holds records, nobody can dispute that.

Originally Posted by zube42

Give him time. A lot of people were saying the same thing about LT and look at him now...
look at what hes been in the league for 9 years....and is a hall of famer...

laugh.gif
Niner fans have become Viking haters all of the sudden...
nerd.gif

In any event, while the statement is a bit premature, I don't see how it can be so outlandish that you need to question the audacity of it.

Im wondering why this is even a deal? He wasnt wrong with what he said, but he also didnt make a very concise statement.

I dont understand the uproar of a very broad statement.

Who cares?

not to thread jack or anything...

but does anyone else think that marshall faulk's name doesn't get mentioned enough when people talk about the greatest of all time?

dude was a top running back and RECEIVER.. not a RB who could catch.. dude was a receiver..

as a philly fan, considering the offense we run there is no other running back i would take over him

laugh.gif
typical Jaws, after 30-35 games he's already sayin AP could be upthere with what LT has done, Emmitt has done, Barry has done, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, and on and on and on. Only thing AP has done more thenany of them is fumble.

I like AP, dude is awesome to watch and a great great talent. But let a guy put up stats for 5-6-7 seasons before you start annointing him one of the bestever. Mathew Stafford has looked pretty impressive after 4 games, I'm not yet ready to say he has the tools to be better then Joe Montana, Brett Favre,Dan Marino, John Elway, Tom Brady or Peytom Manning. Gotta pace yourself with this @#$%.
laugh.gif

itsaboutthattime wrote:
not to thread jack or anything...

but does anyone else think that marshall faulk's name doesn't get mentioned enough when people talk about the greatest of all time?

dude was a top running back and RECEIVER.. not a RB who could catch.. dude was a receiver..

as a philly fan, considering the offense we run there is no other running back i would take over him

Yeah, it seems like he gets put into that second tier of all-time great rb's, but I personally feel like he belongs with the likes of Jim Brown, WalterPayton, and Barry Sanders. It might be the Madden backlash
laugh.gif
...dude wasunbelievable in it ala Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson
eek.gif

Dont really have a problem with it but yes it is another example of today's "everything now has to be the best ever" mentality even if he did say"could." We are always propping up players and teams and plays as best ever. AP has had this said about him now for about a year....Jaws isnt thefirst to bring it up.

Still....in this case I dont sweat it because you know u are going to start hearing the talk with a guy like Peterson who has more or less been making peoplelook foolish since the day he put on pads as a kid.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
I think he'll def be the best since Barry but I personally don't see anybody being better than Berry in my lifetime. What dude did on the football field was just foolish.
I can't believe I actually agree with you for once
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DOWNTOWN43:
what's wrong with saying AD could be the best RB of all-time?
What's wrong with it? This:
DOWNTOWN43:
Peterson has been very impressive so far in his young career.
And this:
DOWNTOWN43:
as long as he keeps improving on his flaws, keeps his head on straight, and doesn't get injured, he's going to be up there by the time he's done.
As long as ANYONE in the league keeps their head on straight, improves on flaws, and avoids injury, they could be the greatest at their position. If freaking Vince Young improved his flaws, avoided injury, and kept got his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

Why is no one saying that? It's true.

As long as Mark Sanchez improves his flaws, avoids injury, and keeps his head on straight, he could be the greatest QB of all time.

I disagree, AP has a rare combination of speed, acceleration, agility, and freakish size. From a purelyphysical aspect, this guy has an Eddie George frame, with Ladainian's speed and agility. He's truly a 1 of 1.

...When I heard Jaw's comment, I thought it was a bit foolish. But I couldn't help but toy w/ the thought of AP being one of the best ever in terms ofphysique, and skill. And an important thing to consider is the day and age in which AP's playing...it's not as if he could single handly dominate thegame as Jim Brown did in the 60's...Everyone is damn near 1 of 1 w/ shape and skill in modern day's era.

*Do no underestimate the importance of Steve Hutchinson, and Bryant McKenzie on that o-line.

Originally Posted by zube42

The Raiders have a lot to say about LT, he is their father.

AP will have some amazing seasons, I don't know if he can keep up the pace for as long as he needs to in order to smash the records.

Winning a couple rings would help, my boy LT has none and that will always haunt him/reduce his value in the talks of the all time greats.

who cares? No one says anything when alll these people say Lebron IS GOING to be the best of all time, not even could, BUT WILL BE. He hasnt done anything, wonanything, done really anything of significance besides win an MVP.... so why can u say AD COULD be the best??? yall are some hypocritical hypebeasts

Back
Top Bottom