Did I just vote GUILTY on an innocent black man? Volume: Justice System sucks

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I hate jail because it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. It's just a place to hold minorities and people they think are threats to the community.

They aren't really helping them ... it's all a cycle.
sure it does.
it PUNISHES those who break the law.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I hate jail because it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. It's just a place to hold minorities and people they think are threats to the community.

sure it does.

I'm saying. People have seen The Wire too many times.

dude definitely had intent.

I'm more upset about the difference in penalties for possessing crack as opposed to cocaine. definitely race/class discrimination

Well I look at it like this if he wasn't caught in a buy bust operation I don't feel he should of been charged with intent.Like homie said he could of been driving around looking for a crack %%$%! and wanted to get a party popping i'm just saying .As far as the money goes that could of been gambling money he could be a # runner we do still have those in the hood .

Originally Posted by rashi

He was guilty on the charges, but thanks for contributing to the incarceration of someone of a non-violent crime.
 Not your fault, though.

sure it does.
Yeah but what did jails used to be called Dirty? Wait ... what are they STILL called> "Correctional Facilities" ... but they don't correct anything.

Dudes go to jail, leave kids without parents, child grows up without a parent, commits crime ... all a cycle.

Jail was is supposed to correct individuals. The war on drugs is ******ed.

sure it does.
Yeah but what did jails used to be called Dirty? Wait ... what are they STILL called> "Correctional Facilities" ... but they don't correct anything.

Dudes go to jail, leave kids without parents, child grows up without a parent, commits crime ... all a cycle.

Yeah because the child would have ended up at Harvard if his dad was never caught selling crack, kid would have been exposed to the whole lifestyle regardless if ol pops was caught or not.

And to OP, at the start of jury duty your supposed to make your decision based on the evidence presented in court, nothing else. You can say maybe his intention wasn't to sell and was to party that night but based on the evidence found it clearly sounds like he was selling. I'm sure you know this already but it is what it is, stop over thinking it.

I hate the war on drugs so I'll leave my opinion on that for another thread.

In relation to this thread, he sounds like a drug dealer. What was his excuse for having that name book?

sure it does.

Jail was never called Correctional Facilities in the past... that's just a new-fangled pc term
1. Debatable, but my feeling is that jail is supposed to PUNISH first..correction is 2ndary
2. both statements are two different points and have no relevance to each other

Originally Posted by CaddyLac

Your man had a pay/owe book and you think he wasn't slinging??  What was he.. a dealers accountant? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah best believe that N' was slanging, he was in the middle of doing pickups/dropoffs on his "route." And hell, he even had a notebook
laugh.gif
so he was on his game
laugh.gif

But with all that said I don't think he should do any jail time. It's a non-violent crime so he shouldn't do any jail time IMO....

I also think this cat shouldn't drive around with that much weight on him, if he gets locked up it should be for dumbness and not for his drug use.

The fact that crack carries a higher penalty is very racist in my opinion and I'm not one to throw that around a lot. However, whether dude was selling or not, it should be common sense that having multiple bags of drugs in small quantities looks very suspicious. Especially with all of the cash, storing it in various pockets and the ledger.

sure it does.

Jail was never called Correctional Facilities in the past... that's just a new-fangled pc term
1. Debatable, but my feeling is that jail is supposed to PUNISH first..correction is 2ndary
2. both statements are two different points and have no relevance to each other

There's some level-headed thinking right there. Kudos.

Originally Posted by mostofthetime

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Don't talk to cops G. Take it from a Law Professor...
I watched this whole thing. It was really interesting. I swear i'm never talking to cops again.
Michelle

me too! all i knew about the "plead the fifth" amendment  was that it was a way to protect you, but i didn't know it was this extensive.
eek.gif

bout to watch part 2 later on today.

Back
Top Bottom