Did Leonardo Da Vinci die poor?

I knew he grew up poor and I read that he was always looking for employment and work. A lot of his renderings were for his resume and never made into actualarchitecture. I see regular architects and engineers nowadays caked up. It would be a damn shame because dude was a genius.

da-vinci.jpg

leo1.jpg

daVinci-3.gif

379292825_a35f834d96.jpg

da-vinci-last-supper1.jpg

He most likely did. Art wasn't seen as important in Europe until the era of the Princes (post 1517). Art was secondary to everything else. For example if aperson died the last thing to be commissioned in his/her tomb would be art and even then they were restricted to what they could do. Artists were not rich atall as they were considered to be on the same level as blacksmiths and other artisans (doesn't mean artist). Their reputation for their work was morevaluable than any amount of money they could have been paid for their work.

Are you secretly trying to ask NT to help you out on your assignment? Or are you really just curious?

Nah, nothing to do with homework or anything. I just wanted to know because dude was pure genius, and I have a cousin who's a beginner architect and hepulls in 6 figures a year so I was just wondering.

Yes dom he was gay. His family tried to hide that for centuries after his death. He was infatuated with some teenager.

Originally Posted by RellNye

Yes dom he was gay. His family tried to hide that for centuries after his death. He was infatuated with some teenager.
naww aww his really gay. If so
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Originally Posted by Agthekid

What is that 4th picture?
laugh.gif
stop being dumb YOU KNOW WAT IT IS!
laugh.gif
I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I didn'tthink someone would think a dude pounding a broad would be art.

i thought that was michaelangelo simoni?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I didn't think someone would think a dude pounding a broad would be art.

is that what they thought breast milk came from?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I didn't think someone would think a dude pounding a broad would be art.

is that what they thought breast milk came from?
sick.gif

oh no if that was really tru then ewwwwww
sick.gif

naw dude died in france caked up, king some Sh*t invited him to come live in france and took care of him. i read that there was a chance he was gay

Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

i thought that was michaelangelo simoni?
laugh.gif
My bad you were right. I should know after I saw the realtexts at his exhibit last semester. He might have been gay too. Who knows?
naw dude died in france caked up, king some Sh*t invited him to come live in france and took care of him. i read that there was a chance he was gay

Francis I took care of him. He died in 1519, 2 years after the date I mentioned earlier which was a very important time in Italian history.

Anyways, we're still talking about him as one of the true geniuses in history.. legacy > wealth..

He did not die poor. Like many artists of that time period, unlike some modern artists, he was under the patronage of a wealthy family and was put up in a nicevilla was the aforementioned teenager and lived out his life working on the mona lisa.

I don't want to sound ignorant and such,
but am I the only one that doesn't think much of the Mona Lisa?
I mean it's a nice drawing, but can anyone school me on the whole "aura" of this piece?

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

I mean it's a nice drawing, but can anyone school me on the whole "aura" of this piece?

yoo werdup...

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

yoo werdup...

Its mainly the technique called "Sfumato" in which the painting was created in. This is
probably the best example of this style. Its what gives the painting its smoky/cloudy appearance. I don't really care too much for the piece, but you haveto appreciate the skill. Also, I've read where Da Vinci exhumed corpses and studied the anatomy of the
human body very closely. Hence the 4th photo.
Bottom line, Leonardo was way ahead of his time.

no, leonardo da vinci was all about making money .. he made sure he was always alright.

*he designed countless war-time inventions .. even though he was INSANELY against war, just for the money.

Back
Top Bottom