Did LT's 4th down play bother anyone else ?

On the 4th down play when he jumped got nailed and went backwards,looked at the ref for a split second then put the ball over.

To me he it didnt look like he made it on the jump and thought the play should of been called dead at that point.

I dont think its right that the defense basically stopped you but because you were laying on top of bodies and wasnt down. you could just put the ball over theline.

I didnt think the titans were going to win anyway but this play just bothered me.

Did this bother anyone else ?

if people would wrap up instead of just making initial contact maybe bullock would have prevented him from reaching

personally i thought his forward progress was stopped so the play should've been over. when he reached the ball over i was hoping a titans player wouldjust grab it and take it for a TD
laugh.gif

As i peep the play again on youtube. He was NOT in on the jump and he should of been titans ball at the 1.

Like i said i didnt think they were going to win anyway but im just saying if it was ever to happen again.

I think it is a clean play. His forward progress wasn't stopped, they hit him and he was still upright and made a second effort.

It happens a lot during a game, when RB's get hit and somehow manage to break the tackle and gain a couple of more yards.

Even in goal line situations, LT didn't get knocked back, they just met in the middle. Heads up play by LT.

at that point, technically the play was dead.
Or how about it wasn't? He seriously wasn't even stopped for a full second. You have to let the play obviously come to a complete stopbefore you blow the whistle.

There are tons of instances when forward progress has been stopped but the offensive player breaks through and gains yards/scores. But that is just a sign thatoffenses will always get favored over the defense. There are just too many rules hindering the defense nowadays especially protecting the QB rules/roughing orrunning into the kicker.

it was a good play... just cause the runner stops moving foward for .00000001 seconds doesnt mean the play is dead...

good call by the refs... theres countless plays where someone gets stopped, bounces off someone and takes it for more yards

Im not talking about if he was down or not.

It was a play where the refs have to blow the whistle to end the play since he jumped and theres gonna be so many bodies under him he's never gonna hit theground.

I just think he didnt make it and the whistle should of been blown before he reached forward with the ball.

If he would of just kept playing instead of stopping and looking at the refs then MAYBE.

Dude seriously just STOPPED and look at the ref for a second, didnt see the ref raise his hands then decided to reach the ball over.

Originally Posted by Kickz9714

Dude seriously just STOPPED and look at the ref for a second, didnt see the ref raise his hands then decided to reach the ball over.

Isn't that called being aware of the play? Obviously he didn't think the play was over or he didn't hear the refs stop the play. ANY smartplayer in that situation would've done the same.

^ ok... so why didn't Bullock or someone slap the ball out of his hand? Like you said there was no whistle...

And in goal line situations refs on every level ALWAYS give the offense the opportunity for a second effort (especially on 4th down) and it goes both ways. Ifthat was Chris Henry in the same position they would have waited for him to go down or get knocked back fully. There's no bias.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Isn't that called being aware of the play? Obviously he didn't think the play was over or he didn't hear the refs stop the play. ANY smart player in that situation would've done the same.

Him being aware of the play is not my argument. I agree any player would do it but thats not my point.

My argument is with the refs who didnt blow the whistle. LT jumped got nailed,didnt make it,got knocked back,look to the refs on side THEN reachedover.
How dont u blow the whistle ?!?!?!?
Im not a fan of either team, im just saying if this would happen again it shouldnt be a TD.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Isn't that called being aware of the play? Obviously he didn't think the play was over or he didn't hear the refs stop the play. ANY smart player in that situation would've done the same.

Him being aware of the play is not my argument. I agree any player would do it but thats not my point.

My argument is with the refs who didnt blow the whistle. LT jumped got nailed,didnt make it,got knocked back,look to the refs on side THEN reached over.
How dont u blow the whistle ?!?!?!?
Im not a fan of either team, im just saying if this would happen again it shouldnt be a TD.
Im biased in this debate but, who are you to say that LT looked at the refs? He (IMO) was looking at the goal line seeing if he was over it, and theninstinct kicked in just to seal the deal, and he reached the ball over. On 4th down on the goal line, you NEVER blow a play dead until its without doubt, dead.Just my two cents.

so if he was running in the middle of the field, and ran into a defender and STOPPED but still was on his feet and able to keep goin, the play would be calleddead cuz he stopped moving? since he wasnt knocked down, the play was good.

Back
Top Bottom