Did yall see the Brandon Spikes eye-gouge??? His punishment is a joke....

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Come on son!

It took a quick search( I mean quick)� on youtube to find hockey players dont the stuff I'm talking about. Theres more! Did you see Patrick Roys sons beat up that other goalie last year? That type of vicious play happens all the time with hockey players but its treated with more of boys will be boys attitude . Could you imagine if�Lawrence Taylor's son beat up somebody. All hell would break loose in the media.�

I'm just trying to make some of �y'all think.
If Lawrence Taylor's son who is playing football where FIGHTING IS NOT ALLOWED beat someone up, then yes....the media would be all over his*$!.� And how are you going to even suggest that Jonathan Roy got away with what he did with just a slap on the wrist.� That +**! was covered on ESPN, and Ican only imagine the media coverage that it received in Canada.....you're reaching like air ant at a buffet.

God forbid a black guy gets in a hockey fight...

brashear.jpg

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Come on son!

It took a quick search( I mean quick)� on youtube to find hockey players dont the stuff I'm talking about. Theres more! Did you see Patrick Roys sons beat up that other goalie last year? That type of vicious play happens all the time with hockey players but its treated with more of boys will be boys attitude . Could you imagine if�Lawrence Taylor's son beat up somebody. All hell would break loose in the media.�

If Lawrence Taylor's son who is playing football where FIGHTING IS NOT ALLOWED beat someone up, then yes....the media would be all over his *$!.� And how are you going to even suggest that Jonathan Roy got away with what he did with just a slap on the wrist.� That +**! was covered on ESPN, and I can only imagine the media coverage that it received in Canada.....you're reaching like air ant at a buffet.

I'm done talking�to you. Your vapid replies show a lack of an ability to think outside the box.

You're right!�Brandon Spikes is an savage animal, the likes of which we have�never seen before and should be barred from�the sacred game of SEC Football.
smh.gif

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Come on son!

If Lawrence Taylor's son who is playing football where FIGHTING IS NOT ALLOWED beat someone up, then yes....the media would be all over his *$!.� And how are you going to even suggest that Jonathan Roy got away with what he did with just a slap on the wrist.� That +**! was covered on ESPN, and I can only imagine the media coverage that it received in Canada.....you're reaching like air ant at a buffet.

I'm done talking�to you. Your vapid replies show a lack of an ability to think outside the box.

You're right!�Brandon Spikes is an savage animal, the likes of which we have�never seen before and should be barred from�the sacred game of SEC Football.
smh.gif

you're done talking to me because you have no rebuttal and no leg to stand on with your pathetic argument...on top of it all, you are tryingto challenge my intellect by saying I am showing a lack of ability to think outside of the box, when all you are doing is showing your ignorance by trying toturn this into a racial matter.�

Mister Friendly wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:

smh.gif

The point is that�poking a defensless dude in the eyes�under a pile is not�accepted in football.� Sure I bet it happens alot, but this is on filmand you can clearly see him jamming his fingers repeatedly in the dudes eyes.� Nobody said he is a savage animal, he is�just acting like a woman to create anedge�for his over rated mediocre team.� I seriously don't understand why people�like you try and argue this stuff, and comparing it to hockey, c'monman.� Fighting in�hockey is accepted and most of the time dudes�square up and go at it like men, not pile up�on a dude and have some other dude go over andpoke eyes�while the dude is down.��What�Spikes dude was a $#!*$ move, there isn't any other way around it.
��

It was horrible, absolutely no need for that in football.

The suspension is ridiculous as well. Just one half? You really taught him a lesson.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

say what you will, but it happens ... a lot worse than that happens ... i used to try my hardest to punch the other team in the balls when i was buried ...
You know damn well you didn't do that. If someone actually hit me in the balls or even came close to it in the pile and I would flip. It'snot even bad, might catch an elbow or have the guy push off on you but it's not the damn Royal Rumble down there.

This stuff happens all the time and now you all are freaking out over it because its in HD
roll.gif
Now I know for sure none of yall played football past high school
roll.gif
Wow!

i mean if he gets hurt on a action not considered a non football play/activity he could sue.

There really is no room in football for these types of actions. PLayers need to realize how hard they work to get where they are and realize their opponentsare working just as hard as they can. Sure a lot of dirty @*@* goes on in piles, but Brandon Spikes is supposed to be one of the best LB's in collegefootball and to pull a !%%@$ move like that deserves a multi-game suspension. @*@* like that is for players that don't have what it takes and choose theeasy way out. It was ten times worse than Blount's punch against BSU (not worse than Blount's actions after that).

The suspension issued by Meyer is even worse than what Spikes did, because it sets a precedent that it is more important to win football games than showsportmanship and be a positive influence to younger players and coaches. IMO by only suspending Spikes a half of a game Meyer is telling HS players it is ok aslong as you don't get caught, or it's not a serious action. In reality it could lead to blindness or eye damage.

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

This stuff happens all the time and now you all are freaking out over it because its in HD
roll.gif
Now I know for sure none of yall played football past high school
roll.gif
Wow!

I NEVER got eye gouged. Under that pile i've been pinched, punched, spit at, limbs twisted, but never been gouged. There are lines that you don'tcross, and that's one of them. If it happens, it's a rarity and totally unsportsmanlike.

Emotions run very rampant in football, and that probably was the case with Spikes, which is where the punishment should teach him that the next time he'sin this situation to not eye gouge, but all this suspension does is show him that he can get away with these things.

Back
Top Bottom